“Great place and great service”

Europa Centerpoint Guesthouse
Ranked #24 of 182 Budapest B&B and Inns
Lone Tree
“Great place and great service”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room was perfect for my husband and myself. And I especially thought that the service we got was great. Everyone was so available and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. Every time we needed something, we had an English speaking worker, which was great. They all went out of their way for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paulamhelms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Suisse
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It's the worst guesthouse I ever had. We stayed there for 6 nights. In the first night the bed crashed so that we had to move in an other room. But after the second night in the new room we felt sick, it was too cold because the radiator didn't work. And an additional problem was, that we couldn't close our room because we couldn't put the key into the lock.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank NocnaPtica
Baku
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good location, good staff, good breakfast. I've even got a present from hotel - the bottle of white wine. I was fine with room, but the bathroom was not very convenient. And another issue - I had a gruop of noisy young people in neighbourhood and couldn't sleep for a while because of them. Hotel staff must warn their young, unexperienced guests about neighbours and request to keep the silence at nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

While the location of this guesthouse, as well as the staff, is plain excellent, the rooms are quite small and not that convenient at all. The mattress seemed to have seem better days and the bathroom could use a renovation. That being said, we totally loved the building. A nice courtyard among other residents made you feel like a part of Budapest. The staff was very helpful and friendly and always willing to give us tips on where to go. A nice complementary wine (which we didn't drink, we just didn't came to it) and a lovely building made it quite the experience. The location is superb and Deak Ferenc Ter (can't get any more central in Budapest than Deak Ter) is only a 10 minute walk and the guesthouse is situated right next to a metrostation. The only major issue we stumbled upon was the awfull mattress, but considering we just stayed for two nights and the low price (only 40 euro's per room per night) we didn't bother complaining, considering the staff was mere superb. Would definately recommend for low budget travellers and even to anyone else if Europa Centerpoint would change the mattresses!

Padova
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The first time I stayed at this hotel I loved it: great people at the reception, very nice room with view of the city, excellent price/quality ratio. A few weeks later I was back in Budapest, so I reserved a room and here comes the surprise: they put me up in a pretty squalid room which didn't even closely resemble the one I stayed in the first time. The price was the same, still cheap, and still great people at the reception, but there can't be so much difference between rooms. Mind, I booked EXACTLY the same type room, not a cheaper/economy/budget/ whatever one.
I wonder what it would be if I had recommended the hotel to friends based on my first stay, and they would end up in the bad room...such fluctuations in quality shouldn't be allowed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JazzRico
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great location, very nice staff, neat and cozy rooms - good choice for couples!
Two thumbs up for the hotel!!! I would definitely choose it again when in Budapest!
All the best!
PS: the bottle of wine on arrival - I couldn't figure out a better welcome! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grzegorz2013
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked 7 nights this hotel for myself and my partner in late 2012 as we had bought tickets for the Hungarian Grand Prix and decided to spend some time either side of the weekend exploring Budapest. We were therefore trying to get a balance between facilities and cost so settled for here after seeing positive reviews on various websites.

Our double room was quite small, but as we intended to spend much of the time out and about, this was no issue at all. Whenever we returned in the afternoon/evening, the room had been cleaned and tidied. Hungary was experiencing a heatwave at the time so we paid 5 Euros a night for use of the air conditioner throughout the stay. It was a life-saver in relentless 30-39 degree heat all week and definitely worth the small extra cost.

Wifi was always available, and there were enough plug sockets in the room for charging phones etc.

The staff at reception were extremely friendly, helpful, and always willing to give advice on directions, local knowledge, or travel information. That alone was worth the stay in a country we had never visited before. There's a metro station right outside the front entrance, and there are always trams and buses stopping over the road to get around. There are plenty of shops, restaurants and sights within walking distance though. At night, the room could be fairly noisy with sirens often going past at all hours, but when you're in the centre of a large capital City, it would be unfair to blame the hotel!

This is great value for money and exactly what it claims to be; it's not high-end luxurious, but it is certainly not poor-quality or for people expecting to 'slum-it'. There's a single-person lift up to reception as using the (many) stairs can be tiring, so I wouldn't recommend this location if you are disabled or elderly.

We'd definitely go back here for another City break.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple