“Beautiful oasis, completely isolated” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aquaworld Resort Budapest

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Aquaworld Resort Budapest
Ranked #72 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Belgrade, Serbia
“Beautiful oasis, completely isolated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just got back from my weekend trip to Budapest spent in Ramada Resort Aquaworld. Fortunately I already saw Budapest earlier this year because it was really difficult to combine sightseeing with staying in this hotel. It is true that you have free shuttle bus to Heroes square but in my opinion it is not well organized. Last bus from city center was at 7:30 P.M. and since we had beautiful aqua park and spa center in hotel, we didn't want to go to the city in the daytime, but in the evening there was no way to get there except by taxi and that was too expensive for us. There was other option, regular bus No. 230, but the last one from Keleti station (center) to hotel was scheduled at 9:00 P.M. that is also very early. Of course, it was problem for us because we arrived to Budapest with bus, but if you have your own car I guess it is different story. All other impressions are great and I have to say that services in hotel are not so expensive as we heard from other people. Our room was great, bright, spacious, with beautiful view on pools and aqua park. Breakfast was nice, especially when it was in bigger restaurant on the ground floor. Aqua park was great experience and we really enjoyed whirlpools, pool with bubbles, slides (just small ones :) ), (not so)lazy river...There is entrance from Oriental Spa to Aquaworld and if you have package with free Spa and 50% off for Aquaworld, don't forget to tell receptionist that you want to go to Aquaworld because that way they charge you half price, at least that is what they told us. Good luck and enjoy! :)

Room Tip: Higher floors are with great view :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marymariamd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just got back from a week at the Ramada Resort with my family and it was the incredible. The reception let us check in early and the room was lovely and spacious. Our rate included unlimited access to Aquaworld, which is absolutely fantastic - the kids had a blast. I loved the indoor pool/slide facilities.
The only disadvantage is that the hotel is a bit far out, but we used the shuttle and bus service a lot.

Overall a wonderful place to stay at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pools.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaZ1234
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room was very big and roomy, and they let us check in quite early, which made a big difference to us. I loved the staff's efficiency and service, the breakfast and the overall quality of the hotel.On my next trip to Budapest I'll gladly come back to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Mons
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked 3 nights at the summer special deal - breakfast, dinner, & use of AquaWorld included. Total bill ended up at about 500eur, and it was quite worth it.

First - location is out of the way, as indicated. If you're coming here, just plan to hang at the water park.

Second - hotel is quite clean, tidy, well-appointed, very nice. Room was good - I'd give it a 'great' except the stupid shower slidy-thing kept slipping down but I was too lazy to call it in or find a pin to jam in and hold it. Also I did not like my bed or pillow or something, not comfortable sleeping for me, but that's an individual thing, others might love my bed. Also they're energy-efficient on their A/C - I couldn't make it really cold at night.

Third - food quality - was a little concerned about buffet-ing it for 3 days, but breakfast was excellent, full range of fruits, cheeses, meat & eggs, everything. Great. Dinners were varied each night and a HUGE selection of stuff, was not possible to try it all. Staff were super, quick, supportive. I saw some lady checking out the glasses at the kid's buffet area (also- lots of attention for the little ones all over the place), trying to pick who knows what. Before she had wandered 10 feet away, 2 staff were on site, checking each glass. They ended up hauling off the whole tray of glasses, came back 10 minutes later. Guess they had water spots or something. If you tried that in the USA, first you'd never get anyone to bother to look at the glasses, then you'd get a shrug.

Anyway, food was super. Have to buy your own drinks at dinner, but a bottle of pretty good wine set me back a whopping 14 eur, no big deal.

Acess to aquaworld is with your room key, which you use to pay for lunch & drinks. Works pretty good, too. See my Aquaworld review for details on that adventure.

We had drinks in the downstairs bar, the roof bar, and various spots in the waterpark for lunches 2 days. All the add-ons made up for 90eur extra, pretty good for 2 lunches and support costs from Thursday night to Sunday morning.

I suppose folks in the know about Budapest prices would say it's highway robbery, but I was happy to buy a 750ml bottle of water at the pool for I think 1.5eur. Pretty sure that would cost me around 5eur in Belgium!

Hotel pool is indoor-outdoor, plus sauna and stuff. It's separate from Aquaworld, but easy to pass from one site to the other, just scan your room key thru the gate pass thing.

Staff everywhere were very helpful. Checkin was a breeze, 2 minutes, tops. Check out, meh, I only took 2 minutes, but all 3 people ahead of me seemed to be taking out 2nd mortgages or who the hell knows what, they took over 10 minutes each. 3 staff working the desk which was appropriate, just bad luck for me.

All the staff speak sufficient English to get along well.

Overall, big thumbs up for what it is. I'd go back, and it sure looked like everyone there was enjoying themselves.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank NATOPatsFan
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a nice classy hotel, with beautiful views from the balcony of the pools, mountains, forest and the bridge. The waterpark is great we spent loads of time there, and they have sunbeds outside for sunbathers.

The hotel's in the middle of nowhere, we walked to Auchen (supermarket with KFC etc) which took about 25 minutes each way but the route is infested with knats and is also quite dodgy (walking through dark tunnels).
The food in the hotel is very expensive, we got buffet breakfast twice and both times they took the food away 45 minutes before it was due to close, which would of annoyed me if i hadn't finished eating.

Wasn't impressed when checking out they tried charging us 3 days entry to the waterpark when we only used it twice and they also tried charging us for the spa ... which we never even used, and going through the receipt on checkout i noticed several small extra charges.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GCPD
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Rounded out eight days in Hungary with a couple days here as a treat. The hotel is first class and Aquaworld is amazing. Don't know if I'd use it as a base for a short Budapest break as it's a long way from the center and the shuttle service isn't that frequent or late running (check out the schedule on the hotels website). If however you want an excellent family break tacked on to a stay in Budapest this place is hard to beat. To save money I'd suggest eating all your meals in Aquaworld as the food is ok and far cheaper than in the hotel, also, check the hotels website for package deals that include free Aquaworld access.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Linz, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 5 days, absolutely relaxing, really beautiful and the staff put attention to every single detail. The Thai massage was excellent as well as the entire SPA area. The Acquaworld also is spectacular.
the only thing we did not like was the international food was not great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family