“FUNtastic!!!!”

Aquaworld Resort Budapest
Ranked #69 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 7, 2013

It was over the Thanksgiving holiday that the wind blew us over to Hungary. Instead of spending the day at the Széchenyi Medicinal Bath we opted to put our inner fires out with some water at Budapest Aqua World. Aquaworld is a place where kids can scream as loud as they want as they are slipping down a slide. When you enter Aquaworld you receive a wrist band. It allows you to zap yourself lunch, drinks or snacks at the cafe and zap yourself into sauna world. At the end of your time-if you utilize the services they offer, you pay when you're exiting water world. If you're staying at the hotel you book it to your room. FANTASTIC!!! No need for cash or debit cards it is an external money chip linked to your body. It was pretty cool and so easy. You don't have to carry money around. You just lock up your valuables and let it be. It is great that they offer this. You only pay for your entrance fee into the park. It was nice and easy. My boys were up and down slide after slide and were enjoying themselves. Since sunbathing was not an option, because it was cold and cloudy, I took a mom break and zapped myself into sauna world for 3 hours!!! I could have spent more time in there and a few more days at Aquaworld!!!! Great place for families!!! SUPER FUNTASTIC!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Aquaworld Resort Budapest

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fantastic hotel only 15 minutes way from center. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and big.
Staff was very helpful and great. Aquaworld stunning, in one word perfect for any kind of vacation. If you want to relax there is a great choice of massage for everyone.

1  Thank Maja Obili Sara O
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada several times ,with friends and family .It was very good ,nice and clean spa ,good food at self service restaurant in the spa .Very good fresh fruit juice .For kids it is very interesting.

2  Thank ecubatim
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is good, like any good hotel. Rooms spacious, clean, well equipped, good bathroom, very nice shower.
Very good selection for breakfast buffet.
What will remain with us however is: my partner lost her mobile phone. It must have slipped between blankets on the bed, we didn't notice. Discovered the missing phone next day. We called the hotel, but late evening. Were informed that housekeeping deals with these things, advised to write a mail, which I did. Received a reply the next morning: phone had been found, and if I informed them of our address they would inform us of shipping cost, and ship it straight away. As it happened, we were still in Budapest, so we dropped by to pick it up. Excellent service, replied as promised, phone was at front desk as promised, front desk staff was aware, as promised.

Only "negative" point (for a city-trip) is that the hotel is a bit far from the center. However, they operate a free shuttle bus to the center. If you check the time-schedule of that bus, you can still have a perfect stay there, and enjoy the Aquaworld when you're tired of walking the city...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HM1960
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best hotel If you want to enjoy a waterworld! Not in a city centre but this is not problem.
Stayed there for 4 nights in December 2012.
Only downside was that there was no special Christmas food and we experienced a problem with a table booking.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice place to relax with family and friends.

Room Tip: Best waterworld in Eastern Europe
3  Thank Peter7777Southampton
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went with my 2 children in October. Nothing to dislike and at a very good price. The aqua world and the spa is fantastic, yes it is outside town but there is a free shuttle to drive you there. The staff is polite and useful enough, rooms are clean and comfy, the food is a little expensive but very good then we enjoyed very much our stay and our visit of Budapest

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alan p
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada for 5 days on a business trip. I didn't get a chance to use the spa or AquaWorld but I did get a chance to review the restaurant and try out a good part of it's menu.

I'll start with the checkin. Arriving on a monday morning, the room was available to me well before the checkin hour which is always nice. I was greated by friendly service, with good English skills. My room was a standard room on the 5th floor. The design is nice and practical. Enough room for clothes, safe big enough for a 15.4" laptop, and very very clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel bed I had in a long time.

About the restaurant, in the morning the buffet offers you a wide variety of cheeses and meats, scrambled eggs, vegetables, fruits, cereal and a daily special (blueberry pancakes, french toast). To drink there are 3 types of juice, tea and machined for coffee and other hot drinks.
Overall the breakfest is better then what I'm used to in Hungary for 4 star hotels.

For lunch and dinner you can choose between a la carte or buffet. Depending on how much you eat and what, the buffet option can turn out more expensive.
I had 2 a la carte lunches, 1 buffet lunch and 2 a la carte dinners.
First off I have to say that the buffet doesn't have enough variety for my taste when it comes to meat. You have one chicken, one pork and one fish option. Contrary to what others have written here, I found the food warm. Keep in mind I only ate once at the buffet.

In the a la carte option you can choose from the chefs gourmet menu or pick from the regular menu. There are soups, cold and hot appetizers, main courses and dessert. The plating is very mice, and service at the restaurant is very good, so are the service tines. i enjoyed both the onion cream soup with rosemary (so good I had it twice) and the deer goulash. I also tried a duck breast with ginger sppetizer which was great. The only appetizer not to my liking was a goose liver terrine.
For main courses I had very good pork medallions, covered in walnut crumbles. A similiar dish just with porkchops was served at the buffet. I also enjoyed the beef tenderloin, the veal tenderlion.

I didn't care for the dessert options so I ordered a decadent cheese cake from room service - lovely.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business