Aquaworld Resort Budapest
$402
$309
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsaqua parkaqua worldoriental spafree shuttleramada resortsauna worldhalf boardbreakfast and dinnerkids clubgreat vacationhotel poolfamily hotelfamily vacationhotel guestsroom apartmentoutdoor poolspa area
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best hotel If you want to enjoy a waterworld! Not in a city centre but this is not problem.
Stayed there for 4 nights in December 2012.
Only downside was that there was no special Christmas food and we experienced a problem with a table booking.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice place to relax with family and friends.

Room Tip: Best waterworld in Eastern Europe
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter7777Southampton
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went with my 2 children in October. Nothing to dislike and at a very good price. The aqua world and the spa is fantastic, yes it is outside town but there is a free shuttle to drive you there. The staff is polite and useful enough, rooms are clean and comfy, the food is a little expensive but very good then we enjoyed very much our stay and our visit of Budapest

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alan p
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada for 5 days on a business trip. I didn't get a chance to use the spa or AquaWorld but I did get a chance to review the restaurant and try out a good part of it's menu.

I'll start with the checkin. Arriving on a monday morning, the room was available to me well before the checkin hour which is always nice. I was greated by friendly service, with good English skills. My room was a standard room on the 5th floor. The design is nice and practical. Enough room for clothes, safe big enough for a 15.4" laptop, and very very clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel bed I had in a long time.

About the restaurant, in the morning the buffet offers you a wide variety of cheeses and meats, scrambled eggs, vegetables, fruits, cereal and a daily special (blueberry pancakes, french toast). To drink there are 3 types of juice, tea and machined for coffee and other hot drinks.
Overall the breakfest is better then what I'm used to in Hungary for 4 star hotels.

For lunch and dinner you can choose between a la carte or buffet. Depending on how much you eat and what, the buffet option can turn out more expensive.
I had 2 a la carte lunches, 1 buffet lunch and 2 a la carte dinners.
First off I have to say that the buffet doesn't have enough variety for my taste when it comes to meat. You have one chicken, one pork and one fish option. Contrary to what others have written here, I found the food warm. Keep in mind I only ate once at the buffet.

In the a la carte option you can choose from the chefs gourmet menu or pick from the regular menu. There are soups, cold and hot appetizers, main courses and dessert. The plating is very mice, and service at the restaurant is very good, so are the service tines. i enjoyed both the onion cream soup with rosemary (so good I had it twice) and the deer goulash. I also tried a duck breast with ginger sppetizer which was great. The only appetizer not to my liking was a goose liver terrine.
For main courses I had very good pork medallions, covered in walnut crumbles. A similiar dish just with porkchops was served at the buffet. I also enjoyed the beef tenderloin, the veal tenderlion.

I didn't care for the dessert options so I ordered a decadent cheese cake from room service - lovely.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is situated aouside the city next to a hipermarket. The rooms are very elegant, large and clean. The restaurant and services are ok,but what is special at this hotel is the aqua park. Here you find sauna are that include all kinds af sauna, pools , jacuzzi, and a lot of watter topoganes that are great!! Believe me!! You cena esily care a cab and visit the city that is very beautiful , clean and it has a lot of hystorical places!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank daniela1212
Reviewed November 12, 2012

First impresion was preaty good. Very friendly receptionist and the room was clean and nicely decorated. But the bigest surprise was the worst hotel restaurant that i've ever been to. Not only they had special offer on the program that no one knew about but also on the front of the restaurant didn't offer us a la cart menu. They send us to the buffet where all the food was cold and rice uncooked. Also choice was preaty poor- one kind of fried fish, beef stew, steamed vegetables, rice, gnocchi with cheese...all cold.
Hotel spa is preaty poor. Specialy sauna part is not for someone that goes to sauna very offen. There are three different saunas for naturalist(how they call it) and in none is a bucket with wather. In comparison with spas in Slovenia and Austria this one is the poorest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple