“Very Good Hostel and Amazing Staff”
Review of Budapest Bubble

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Budapest
Budapest Bubble
Ranked #64 of 677 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We came very late at night, and could not find any other hostel that still had beds available. Olga took us in, and made us feel at home right away. She also showed us the good bars to go to. this hostel is a very good place to stay, and we really enjoyed being here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 12, 2011

We had three very enjoyable nights at the Bubble - the staff were very helpful and being such a little place it feels very personal. They added really nice touches by sending us a welcome email before we came and a goodbye when we left.

Everything was clean and comfortable my only complaint was that our double room smelt a little musty but not a big deal.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Turned up no booking they had room and out me up took me for a beer in a local ruin bar showed me everywhere I need to go in the city!

I told them I would stay for 2 nights I ended up being there for 4 with a sense I had had an amazing time and met some amazing people and saw a great city at the same time!

loved it! Staff are friendly and welcoming, you might forget they work there and this is not your house!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I could not have possibly asked for a better hostel experience. On arrival, my friends and I were warmly welcomed and given an extremely helpful description of the city and all available activities. Rooms were large and the entire general area of the hostel was kept really clean and cozy.

The hostel's location is also ideal. It is within walking distance of almost everything, from the Danube river and Budapest's castles, to a plethora of bars and shopping centers. And if walking isn't your thing, you can always catch the metro which is also right around the corner.

It was the staff that truly made this hostel experience what is was though, and I'm pretty sure you won't find such a helpful, vivacious, and friendly staff in ALL of Europe. Sam, Alex, and Olga were all incredible, and even hung out with us around town at night! I can guarantee you won't ever have a boring day or night in Budapest when staying at the Bubble. Even 5 days didn't seem like nearly enough time to enjoy all that this incredible hostel and city offers.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MDiaz2291
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We went to Budapest in mid June 2011 and although we had some trouble finding it (lookout for that uber small sign opp the museum), we were glad we did- it's easily one of the best hostels in Europe as far as our stay was concerned. It's a small hostel and I think that's what gives it the edge- the staff hangs out with everyone who stays there and pretty much everyone knows everyone- its like being at home! Olga, the owner, was a fabulous host- it was almost like we were visiting her as friends- she came with us to all the bars we went to and really took care of us :) And, she's generally quite adorable! Sam, the manager, was also amazing.

The hostel itself is very clean and the beds are super comfy. There's also a small kitchen area, where you can make yourself small snacks (no full blown kitchen, but hey, go out there and explore Hungarian food!). The bathrooms are small but very clean. And the hostel is very close to the subway, so it's a train ride away from anywhere.
If I go to Budapest again, I'm definitely going straight there :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shebaknee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Just joined tripadvisor, but stayed here a couple of years ago, and i still think its the bet hostel i've been too! Great welcome, Olga was brilliant and went out of her way to ensure we had an awesome time (even took us and everyone else in the hostel on a night out to all the good bars!) The next morning everyone in the hostel made breakfast and ate together, which was good craic. would recommend to any backpacker! Very safe, and close to amenities and metro. Only regret is that we only stayed one night

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2011

The lovely Budapest bubble is located right next to the city museum and only a block away from the main pedestrian zone and the little bohemian center. The oldest food market is 2minutes away from it as well.
Its close to the metro stop so its easy to reach from the Keleti train st.
The hostel is small and very cozy and staff make up for everything you might have in ind but don*t see hows that possible
Its a real hidden gem and i recommend it for laid back backpackers

Room Tip: the private double and the dorm next to it