“A home from home!”
Review of HBC Hostel

HBC Hostel
Ranked #156 of 670 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I am a female 25 years old travelling solo and this is like my home from home.
The hostel owner Antony is the best! He is funny, helpful, informative - he can tell you anything you need to know. He makes you feel at home and at ease. He really cares about everyone staying in his hostel and will do anything to help.
It is in the perfect location of the city and you cannot beat the price! the showers, toilets, kitchen etc all clean and running well. The beds are clean and comfy.
One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!
Nothing bad to say really, if you are coming to Budapest make sure you stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 6 bed dorm but there is private rooms and a female dorm if you need, but I am a fema...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Penny L

Reviewed June 22, 2014

HBC hostel is located in a very central location in Pest. Most sights, attractions, clubs, pubs and restaurants can be reached by foot. That's convenient, but there are other matters that make HBC almost perfect. The over all atmosphere of the place is soooo friendly. The owner himself is basically always there for you, day or night. He really cares about the people who have chosen to stay there. I got some very good advice and tips how to reach places, where to go. He can sell you tickets to the baths and even change money with a good rate. Friday night he cooked us a warm meal, and on Sunday he was worried I didn't have enough breakfast so he brought me fruits :) This is what makes HBC, you are not just a person who comes in to sleep and leave a set of dirty be sheets behind, but you are a guest in the house. My stay was very pleasant in every way, and I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Budapest.

Room Tip: There are both mixed dorms and women only dorms available!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Excelent location! hostel is organized and has an atmosphere that will make you feel at home. But, the best thing is the staff, they are really amazing and helpful, everything you need just ask Antony and I'm sure he will try his best to help you.

It really worth!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Hostel owner was really helpful, showing us the city by his car, providing a hot Hungarian dish free-of-charge (yay!), introducing best place to exchange money, helping us in planning,etc. The room was simple but enough for basic need (you could not ask much with that amzing price ^^)
A bit cold at night when the heater was shut down but when you asked for extra blankets, which he was more than ready to provide, everything is ok again.
The location was great, near a crowded street with all bar, pub, club .... you need for an excited night life (but the hostel itself was comfortably quiet :) ) In the morning, you can find St. Stephen Basilica, the Parliament, Vaci Utca and Grand Market Hall within walking distance.
One last point, there is an amazingly tasty and affordable Vietnamese Pho restaurant near by (name: Dang Muoi). I highly recommend that too!!!
In short, if you are new to Budapest (need advice, information, bla bla) and looking for a friendly hostel in the middle of Pest side with limited budget, HBC is definitely your place!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2014

HBC Hostel made Budapest an amazing city for me.

You won't regret your stay here. I was traveling on my own and because of the amazing Hostel Owner, I felt at home.
He was nice enough to show me the Hungarian culture by making Goulash with me and showed me traditional spices and dances of the people in Budapest along with the people of Croatia.
His hostel was very clean and cozy and at such a great price!

I seriously can't thank him enough for all the helpful accommodation. He showed me the best sites to see along with the best times to see them. Recommended a awesome and helpful itinerary as well as some discounts.
I would recommend this Hostel to anyone staying in Budapest! No need to look anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Not really sure why people go for hotels when places like this exist. Really friendly reception, showed us where to park and gave us maps of the city. Discount at excellent local restaurant.

Showers are amazing!!

Room was large and airy with comfy beds. Very clean and good internet throughout.

We even extended our stay here after a few nights!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at HBC Hostel, and ended up extending our stay by 2 nights. The hostel boasts a central location and there are plenty of cheap places to eat just around the corner. The hostel is run by an extremely friendly Croatian man who went out of his way to make us feel at home, cooking us a free dinner and providing lots of tips. The room was perfectly acceptable - no complaints. Guests are free to use the kitchen, helping them keep costs even lower during their visits.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple