Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2019

Good location. Good value. We stayed in a private room with private bathroom. Very clean. Friendly staff. Loved the decor, one of the best hostels we have stayed in. Note there are a lot of stairs up to this property! no lifts - this was not a problem for us. The entrance looks a bit weird at first but the property is beautiful once you reach the top.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Staying in this Hostel was one of the best hotel/hostel experiences I’ve ever had. Friendly and Helpful at all hours, clean and organised communal area with a fridge and cooking facilities as well as so many great things to read and look at. Our room was very clean and covered in their signature great art work with a very good shower, bed and amazing view of the national museum. Cannot recommend enough and hope to return in the summer.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank GeorgeTSweeney
Reviewed April 30, 2019

We stayed with my sister in a private double en suite room. It was a really nice experience to stay in a room fully painted by hand. The staff is young and cool. We highly reccomend, The location is really convenient, on a central street in front of the national museum of Budapest walking distance to Danube river.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early April.

At first we got a room that really disappointed us. The bed was in the gallery and so did not include a bed base, required stairs, and had a big gap in the gallery, probably for the heat to rise to gallery from heater, yet dangerous (you can fall at night).
We were about to leave but they showed us a much better room. For us that is. Room with no dangerous gallery. Bed base. Better shower. After the better room, the only drawback we found was the steps required to getvto our room on the 3rd floor. Really exhausting. We're in our 40s. In our 50s we probably won't come back here due to that reason.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

Admittedly, the 3 flights of stairs were a killer but it added to the charm of the building. On arrival we were welcomed like long lost friends and given some potent shot of alcohol. Our room was a double en-suite, plenty of space and clean. There was a foul smell coming from the drains but a handyman rectified this on reporting. It would be nice to have a mirror in the bedroom so I could put my face on whilst my husband was in the bathroom. The common area was handy for making tea and no one batted an eyelid when I put the kettle on wearing my dressing gown and slippers! Female staff were super friendly, the man walking about kept himself to himself. Beautiful decor. Opposite the museum which is a huge stunning building. Bring earplugs though because the road outside is noisy and the tram squeaks along at all hours ;) I would recommend this hostel over most 3 star hotels and hope to return as 2 days wasn’t enough to see all the sights of Budapest.

Date of stay: February 2019