Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

We stayed with my sister in a private double en suite room. It was a really nice experience to stay in a room fully painted by hand. The staff is young and cool. We highly reccomend, The location is really convenient, on a central street in front of the national museum of Budapest walking distance to Danube river.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early April.

At first we got a room that really disappointed us. The bed was in the gallery and so did not include a bed base, required stairs, and had a big gap in the gallery, probably for the heat to rise to gallery from heater, yet dangerous (you can fall at night).
We were about to leave but they showed us a much better room. For us that is. Room with no dangerous gallery. Bed base. Better shower. After the better room, the only drawback we found was the steps required to getvto our room on the 3rd floor. Really exhausting. We're in our 40s. In our 50s we probably won't come back here due to that reason.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

Admittedly, the 3 flights of stairs were a killer but it added to the charm of the building. On arrival we were welcomed like long lost friends and given some potent shot of alcohol. Our room was a double en-suite, plenty of space and clean. There was a foul smell coming from the drains but a handyman rectified this on reporting. It would be nice to have a mirror in the bedroom so I could put my face on whilst my husband was in the bathroom. The common area was handy for making tea and no one batted an eyelid when I put the kettle on wearing my dressing gown and slippers! Female staff were super friendly, the man walking about kept himself to himself. Beautiful decor. Opposite the museum which is a huge stunning building. Bring earplugs though because the road outside is noisy and the tram squeaks along at all hours ;) I would recommend this hostel over most 3 star hotels and hope to return as 2 days wasn’t enough to see all the sights of Budapest.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank paulajohnson1979
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly hostel and staff. Anita was very helpful.
There is no lift as it mentions but realy this makes it very hard as you have to walk 4 stores up every day.
Good location! Next to tram and bus stop and to airport shuttle.
Nice decoration. Sheets smelt of comfort.
Not so clean room floors.
Would recommend!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed in the 2 Bed Ensuite Apartment and it did not feel like a hostel what so ever! The apartment was huge, with a kitchen, bathroom and huge bedroom with window views overlooking the museum. The location is fantastic, walking distance from the Jewish Quarter, which has loads of fantastic bars and restaurants. It’s also within walking distance of tram and bus stops to get you around the rest of the city. And all of this was at the exceptionally cheap price! I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018