Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early April.

At first we got a room that really disappointed us. The bed was in the gallery and so did not include a bed base, required stairs, and had a big gap in the gallery, probably for the heat to rise to gallery from heater, yet dangerous (you can fall at night).
We were about to leave but they showed us a much better room. For us that is. Room with no dangerous gallery. Bed base. Better shower. After the better room, the only drawback we found was the steps required to getvto our room on the 3rd floor. Really exhausting. We're in our 40s. In our 50s we probably won't come back here due to that reason.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

Admittedly, the 3 flights of stairs were a killer but it added to the charm of the building. On arrival we were welcomed like long lost friends and given some potent shot of alcohol. Our room was a double en-suite, plenty of space and clean. There was a foul smell coming from the drains but a handyman rectified this on reporting. It would be nice to have a mirror in the bedroom so I could put my face on whilst my husband was in the bathroom. The common area was handy for making tea and no one batted an eyelid when I put the kettle on wearing my dressing gown and slippers! Female staff were super friendly, the man walking about kept himself to himself. Beautiful decor. Opposite the museum which is a huge stunning building. Bring earplugs though because the road outside is noisy and the tram squeaks along at all hours ;) I would recommend this hostel over most 3 star hotels and hope to return as 2 days wasn’t enough to see all the sights of Budapest.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank paulajohnson1979
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly hostel and staff. Anita was very helpful.
There is no lift as it mentions but realy this makes it very hard as you have to walk 4 stores up every day.
Good location! Next to tram and bus stop and to airport shuttle.
Nice decoration. Sheets smelt of comfort.
Not so clean room floors.
Would recommend!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed in the 2 Bed Ensuite Apartment and it did not feel like a hostel what so ever! The apartment was huge, with a kitchen, bathroom and huge bedroom with window views overlooking the museum. The location is fantastic, walking distance from the Jewish Quarter, which has loads of fantastic bars and restaurants. It’s also within walking distance of tram and bus stops to get you around the rest of the city. And all of this was at the exceptionally cheap price! I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

So here I was one day over a year ago, researching the coolest places to stay in the world and I came across this place. I thought to myself, I must bookmark this as I have to stay here. It features on a lot of these lists due to the whimsical art work featured throughout the entire building, which I’m sure if you’re reading this you have noticed.
You might be asking yourself, is it as good in person? And the answer for you is Y E S (perhaps even better). After getting off a bus from Vienna, we made our way on the metro to Kalvin Ter and found the hostel. Well we initially walked past it first so FYI the entrance is right next to flour style wok bar. We were buzzed up, walked up the 100+ stairs (the only thing I could possibly complain about and as someone who is extremely unfit, it’s worth every stair)and met by the lovely Gabor who checked us in and showed us our room. Well, how lucky we were. Room number 2 was perfect for my partner and I, there was a loft with our bed over a sitting area and a bathroom. I will attach some pictures of the room but they do not do it justice. Throughout our 3 night stay, the staff were so friendly. This is a “trendy” (can’t think of any other word to use) paradise and you won’t stay anywhere else like it.

Other things to consider:
- central location, we walked pretty much everywhere for our 3 days in Budapest but it’s also very close to public transport and airport bus. Lots of good restaurants close by too.
- great value for money, we booked through hotels.com and paid $250aud for 3 nights in a private room. If you’re a solo traveller or chill with sharing, even cheaper!
- improved cardio vascular fitness upon check out

Thank you so much lavender circus team for an amazing stay.

Date of stay: October 2018