“Friendly and cosy hostel”

The Loft Hostel Budapest
Ranked #46 of 667 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hostel with a reasonable amount of bed. Very nice owners, telling you everything to do in Budapest. There is a big common room, perfect for meeting the other people staying in the hostel. Calm environment with a 24/7 presence of the staff. Definitly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Loft Hostel Budapest

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had never read such a glowing set of reviews on trip advisor as I did for this hostel before I booked (very easily via Skype). They were completely justified. The location is nice and central, I felt at home as soon as I arrived and the staff are lovely. I even had a (very comfy) double bed in the 8 bed dorm (there are a couple of them) - complete bargain!

On arrival Emilie sat me down, made me tea and gave me a "map tour" of the local area and the rest of central Budapest. I didn't have a guidebook but this was really all I needed for the weekend. It was particularly great that she knew some good places for veggies to eat at as it's not the most veggie friendly city. Emilie and Nick were also really great with answering any queries I had and seemed genuinely happy to help.

Strongly recommend. However, please don't come here if you like to spend lots of time in the shower. There are only two showers/toilets.

Room Tip: 8 bed dorm very spacious and two of the beds are doubles. Everyone gets a nice big locker (big enoug...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Loft Hostel is a place that I'd call home far from home. Cozy environment and it's really like a loft, with its walls and roof made of wood, bringing comfort and relax. There are puffs and a sofas that are very comfortable (some people even use them instead of their beds ;)).
Very well located at walking distance to major attractions. There's a convenience store on the same street that can help at night.
The staff is friendly, and always ready to help and give hints to best things to do and see.
Clean, toilets were good and it counts with laundry and drier machines, which can help a lot.
But just pay attention to the fact that they don't accept credit cards.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is such nice little hostel! The set up of the place and the staff make it feel like you are staying with family. Everyone is so eager to help you to get the most out of your time in Budapest. The beds don't look it but they are supremely comfortable. And you can walk almost everywhere from The Loft!

Room Tip: The 8 beds have much more space than the 4 bed dorms!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Emily and Sheldon are extremely warm and kind. I appreciated all the tips Emily gave me on where to eat, what tourist traps to avoid, and all the other help I needed during my three-day visit to Budapest. I have been staying in over 12 hostels in the past five months, and Loft is by far the most home-stay-like place I have stayed. The location of the hostel is also really central to all the places I wanted to see. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jasmine Z
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay at The Loft Hostel was.

My friend and I went on May bank holiday earlier this year. We decided to book the private room, rather than stay in the dorms, and we were overwhelmed with what we had! It was more like our own apartment with a large bedroom that had ample space for both of us, a separate bathroom and a separate kitchen/eating area. It was set away from the main hostel which meant we could come and go as we liked and the noise was almost non existent.

When we arrived we were greeted by the owner who offered us tea right away and showed us his own map of the city. He encouraged us to meet the other people staying in the hostel and we arranged that he would show us, and some others, a good cheap place for dinner and few places for drinks after. That evening we quickly became friends with the staff and other guests and we continued to spend plenty of time with them throughout our stay there.

The atmosphere was very chilled, friendly, homely and welcoming. There were a mix of age groups and it seemed that everyone was very respectful of the other guests staying at the hostel, so noise at silly times of the morning wasn't anything to worry about.

If you are looking for a home away from home for your stay in Budapest I can not recommend this hostel enough. It is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in and I would go back again in a second!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fantastic, from the largest dorm to the private double share room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sarinalowe
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was an incredible place to stay - warm, friendly, intimate and relaxed - the staff became our friends, took us out and showed us the town, and cooked a traditional meal for us one night - a truly wonderful experience! Also convenient central location and really well priced, with a nice kitchen, lockers, bathroom and living room with computers and instruments - home from home! We also stayed one night in the adjacent mini-apartment which was only slightly more expensive and had a bathroom, brand new kitchen and huge bedroom. Amazing!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple