“best hostel ever! BOOK IT!”

The Loft Hostel Budapest
Ranked #48 of 644 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
“best hostel ever! BOOK IT!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

this was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. i stayed in a 8 bed dorm which was spacious and clean. on arrival Gina and duff are great. I was given a loft made map of Budapest showing me all the tourist stuff plus ATM and supermarket locations etc. i was told whats good etc . on our first night we were taken to dinner by Gina and duff along with other guests which was a warm welcome. most nights were spent with the loft guests and runners as everyone was so much fun! the common area is spacious. wifi is good. kitchen is spacious. the decor is homey and quirky. the location is great with stuff in walking distance and offcourse the metro. the hostel even offers a laundry service of 1000HUF a bag which was great! I loved it. if I ever visit Budapest again ill be staying here :)

• Stayed June 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Loft Hostel is a great place to stay! Location wise, it is very convenient. I was able to walk to the majority of the sights from the hostel. The parliament was probably the farthest, but it was no more than 20 min, by foot. Otherwise, there are many public transportation options. The staff of the hostel is very kind, and there is always someone around who lives in the hostel with you. It's a rather small hostel, housing maybe 15 guests. Each guest is provided with a large-sized locker in their bedroom. The hostel has 2 bathrooms, which are kept very clean. It also offers washing/drying services for your clothes. I always felt very safe at the hostel; a code was needed for the front door, and it was changed routinely. Lastly, the hostel offered unlimited free tea!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Best hostel I stayed at during my travels. The staff were awesome and the atmosphere was great. The rooms were decents size with some double beds. The location was within walking distance of all Budapests sights. Kitchen and common areas were decent which made it really easy to socialize with other guests. We frequently went out with other guests and had some of the best nights of my trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed in the private room for 2 nights. The room is amazingly spacious, with a full kitchen (even an oven and fridge) and a private bathroom included. It was very clean and comfortable. The facilities in the rest of the hostel are great, with a really comfy chill out room and well equipped kitchen. The hostel generally has a really nice, small, friendly vibe about it. Gina, who runs the hostel is very friendly and funny and really willing to give advice and help.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Awesome staff, really friendly and informative! good sized rooms for a small hostel! cool common room and free Internet/wifi! gina makes fantastic Hungarian dinners aswell! :D don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I went to the loft hostel for three nights in Budapest and was quite impressed by the hostel. When I arrived I was surprised by what I saw -- a little house/apartment.
The staff are unbelievably relaxed and didn't seem to be fussed about anything. In fact, they were relaxed to the point where they let a person staying from the hostel 'man the fort until he came back from a short trip to the shops'.
The whole place is like a little house with a communal television where everyone can sit together.
The couches were really comfy and the communal area made the hostel sociable.
I arrived a night earlier but I heard that one of the staff members cooked some backpackers a meal for free.
I got the impression that if you were a solo traveler you could easily find a friend to do something with, or if not that, at least someone to talk to at night about what you did that day.

I wouldn't advise someone over the age of 40 should stay here. Just because there is a 'youth hostel vibe' - it IS all bunk beds which is to be expected.

Room Tip: Don't despair when you see the tiny lift when you arrive. It isn't an indication of what the...
Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Denver
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My stay at the loft is exactly what my title states AWESOME!! I stumbled upon the Loft Hostel by accident and it turned out to make my Budapest trip. The staff were all amazing, helpful, and friendly. Everyone is forced to walk through the common area to get to their beds which makes for a great social environment. I met the coolest people at the Loft, and we had the best of times whether we were hanging out playing the guitar at the hostel or all going out together. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Budapest!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo