“A comfortable hotel in a great location”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights to visit the Christmas market. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and our room was quite spacious and spotlessly clean. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful with ample choice and excellent coffee. The location of this hotel is convenient too, situated in a quiet square just 5-10 minutes walk through a pedestrianized area from the metro station, which is just two stops away from the centre of Budapest. There are several decent restaurants literally a stone's throw from the hotel. We had a very enjoyable stay and hope to return in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear „Caroline U”,

First and foremost let me thank you for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I am delighted to read that you found our hotel to be well-located, furthermore you liked our rich buffet breakfast and our staff provided you with an excellent service, too.
Your praising words are highly appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure to hosting you here again!

Judit Rózsa

Write a ReviewReviews (4,989)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Lovely room on the 5th floor, spotlessly clean, all the facilities including good wifi in the room. Great bathroom with a walk in shower.
Breakfast included which was excellent. A short wait occasionally, around the 9 am mark but the staff were quick to clear and relay any tables as soon as they were vacated. You could squeeze fresh orange juice yourself, but why bother when the ready supplied juices were so good. Good choice of omelettes, boiled eggs, fried eggs, bacon, sausage and plenty of fruit and yoghurt.
Plenty of inns and restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. Best bit about the hotel must be the staff... young, keen, smart and attentive providing what I like to call 'service without servility'.
We will definetly stay her again.

Room Tip: Go for the fifth floor

Dear „Invesure”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the travellers.
I was glad to read that you had enjoyed your visit. Let me thank you for emphasizing our excellent location, our professional and friendly staff and our wide breakfast selection.
Let me thank you for your compliments and for your patronage. We are looking forward to welcoming you again, should your travel plans bring you back to the area.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at the Palazzo Zichy for five nights in December 2013. Our room was very modern and sleek and had plenty of storage. The beds were comfortable and had both soft and firm pillows.

Breakfast is included in the room price and it is amazing: omelets, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bread that you slice yourself to toast, fresh fruit that you can juice. An assortment of ready-made juices, pastries, and croissants.

The reception staff was exceptional. They made and canceled reservations for concerts that we wanted to attend and marked up numerous maps to help us catch the right subway or bus to get to our destinations each day. They made excellent dining recommendations - we were pleased by each one that we tried.

The hotel is located close to the subway. We were at the hotel at the time of the Christmas Markets and three markets were within a 10-minute walk. Mmm! Strudel and mulled wine. We were able to walk to a number of things to see and do.

Note: you may want to purchase some inexpensive washcloths prior to your visit. They do not provide those, but that is not unusual in Europe.

Room Tip: Our room on the fifth floor overlooked the church.
1  Thank mgreer

Dear „mgreer”,

I can not be grateful enough for your generous review posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was really happy to see that you had spent an enjoyable time in Budapest and our hotel could meet or even exceed your expectations. Your kind words regarding our entire team, the rich breakfast buffet, the guest room and our favourable location are highly appreciated.
Let me thank you again for your compliments. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is an elegant mix of modern fresh design in dialogue with the original ornate palace; well planned! Good location, 10 minutes walk from the lovely old Cafe Central, the superb restaurant Muzeum and the absolutely-must indoor Great Market hall. Excellent breakfast, super friendly and helpful young staff. The deal through internet hotel booking 2,5 months prior to visit was extremely visitor friendly.

Dear „Markku P”,

Let me thank you for recommending our Hotel Palazzo Zichy on TripAdvisor.
I was glad to read your kind comment of our hotel and staff. I was also happy to see that we had been able to contribute to an enjoyabe stay in our beautiful Budapest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should your plans bring you back to the area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am so glad that the hotel did read our request and gave us a room on the 5th floor with a view of the church.
The room is very clean and spacious for European standard, with modern design. Also, lots of storage spaces for your luggages and belongings. Bed linens smell very nice too. Bed and pillows are very comfy. I love the idea and design of the walk in shower, however there are room for improvement to avoid water splashed too much, which makes the toilet floor wet.
Breakfast was plentiful that you have a variety of choices, I was so full every time I had the breakfast here. Staff kept refilling food if there are still guests there even though it was passed the breakfast time (experiences I had before were that staff actually kept the food when the serving breakfast hours end).
All the staff in this hotel are very nice and helpful.
With the price I paid for my stay, it was such a bargain for the services I received.
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who's visiting Budapest and would definitely return!

Dear „Yanice C”,

I was so happy to read your kind review about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, I am thankful for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community.
I am extremely glad that you had been pleased with your room. In case we know our guests’ preferences in advance, we always do our very best to fulfil them.
Your compliments regarding our breakfast service are also highly appreciated. I am delighted to see that my colleagues had provided you with an exceptional service in all departments.
Let me thank you for recommending us to everyone considering a visit to our beautiful Budapest.

I wish you a happy New Year and hope to see you soon again,

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed several nights at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy in Budapest and loved it! The room was surprizingly large and modern (well appointed and clean with free WiFi). The hotel staff was very professional and helpful. We really enjoyed the fact that it was such a short walking distance to the heart of old Budapest with plenty of good restaurants, but the place was very quiet. The price for our room was quite reasonable and it included a really nice breakfast with lots of options. We will definitely stay at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy on our next visit to Budapest!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear „thomkaySJ ”,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your generous review posted on TripAdvisor.
I was happy to read that you had spent a pleasant time in our hotel and you had saved great memories about your city break in Budapest. I especially would like to thank you for highlighting our favourable location annd the professionalism of my colleagues.
It was our pleasure to serve you and we truly hope to have the opportunity to meeting you again!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was my third stay in the Zichy. It is two years since my last and I am delighted to say that it is as good as ever. The staff are the nicest you will find. I had a lovely room facing the square. I looked forward to breakfast each morning... an inspired range... including a juicer to freshly squeeze an orange or grapefruit. The location is the best. A short walk from the tram and metro... Public transport in Budapest is very impressive. I love the trams especially... a great opportunity to engage with locals and to see the city.... I had lovely encounters. I had my laptop but I used the Zichy PC to check in online and pressed print ... and the print out slid out of the printer behind me... There are so many lovely touches to this hotel... I look forward to my next visit in 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear „CorkSculptor”,

I am really happy that we had the pleasure of welcoming you already third time to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, your loyalty is highly appreciated. I am delighted to read that we could deliver the high standard of our services this time as well.
Let me thank you for your positive feedback regarding our location, the complimentary computer corner and our rich buffet breakfast. I also would like to thank you for emphasizing the professionalism and service-minded attitude of my colleagues.
The entire staff of our Hotel Palazzo Zichy is looking forward to welcoming you again; please do not hesitate to contact us directly, should your travel plans bring you back to our beautiful city.