“A hotel you will never forget and where they remember you” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Palazzo Zichy

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Chipping Sodbury, United Kingdom
“A hotel you will never forget and where they remember you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived at the Palazzo Zichy hotel. This being my second time and my wife's third, it still amazes me what a fantastic hotel this is.
Everything from the interior as you arrive, to the very friendly staff and to the comfort and luxury of the rooms.
We were first greeted in English but the reception staff were pleased when my wife spoke to them in Hungarian but were pleasant and prepared to talk in English.
To the right of the reception there is an area where there is self service of quality coffee and teas. Also available are bottled waters to freshen up the most thirsty of travellers.
On entering our room we were greeted with a spotlessly clean and bright room. On the pillows there was a chocolate each wihich is a nice touch to make your welcome more enjoyable.
On the desk there was a card hand written for my wife welcoming us back to the hotel.
This made us feel all the more welcome in our stay.
In the lower ground floor is where the breakfast area is located, each morning serves a wide selection for all tastes. This includes hot, cold selections to cereals and fruit.
Tucked away behind this area us where you will find the sauna gym and relaxation area. An added bonus to any stay and perfect way to relax after a long days touring the city of Budapest.

This will deffinatly won't be my last visit to this establishment, hopefully we will be bringing some good friends with us next time for a bit of spoiling and a treat for us all

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank CornishTripp
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear „CornishTripp”,

I am really happy that we had the pleasure of welcoming you second time to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, your loyalty is highly appreciated. I am delighted to read that we could deliver the high standard of our services this time as well.
Let me thank you for your positive feedback regarding the guestrooms, the complimentary facilities and services of our hotel. I also would like to thank you for highlighting the professionalism and service-minded attitude of my colleagues.
The entire staff of our Hotel Palazzo Zichy is looking forward to welcoming you again; please do not hesitate to contact us directly, should your travel plans bring you back to our beautiful city.

Judit Rózsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We arrived an hour early (1pm) before checking in time, but it was no problem, the reception staff -as always- were professional. It is my third visit in this lovely hotel...this time the Sales Manager sent us a complimentary fruit basket to the room...what a nice touch!
The hotel is in a beautiful building, where old meets new, the room is not the biggest, but very comfy. The decor is high quality...for me it is the best hotel so far in whole Europe. Highly recommended and can't wait to come back again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ABTripp
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear „Anett B”,

I am so glad that we had the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy as a highly valued regular guest of ours.
Your compliments regarding the building, our unique design and the guestrooms are greatly appreciated.
Let me thank you for recommending our hotel to the travelling community and we are very much looking forward to meeting you again, hopefully very soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I staid for a long weekend in Budapest. The Hotel was excellent. Stylish and modern in an old Palace. Staff were very helpful and breakfast was good - although at the weekend it did get busy. The Hotel is in an interesting area - but slightly away from the main 'tourist' areas. Consequently the Bar was quiet in the evening. But you are in Budapest so you shouldn't really need to sit in a hotel bar!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Martin H
Dear „Martin H”,

I am grateful for your valuable time taken to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was delighted to see that you had spent a great long weekend in Budapest and our hotel could also serve you as a perfekt base for your city break. Your compliments are highly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location in a residential area yet only 10 15 minutes walking distance from older area of the city, walking distance to famous baths, Jewish district and very convenient to metro and trams.
Very well decorated in an old palazzo with wonderful amenities, well decorated room with a beautiful bathroom
Excellent and knowledgeable staff, delicious breakfast in a room with a skylight, excellent lounge with coffee tea and water, nice bar.
Lots of wonderful restaurants pubs bars and lounges.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank lm45
Dear „lm45”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was glad to read that you had enjoyed your visit. Let me thank you for highlighting our excellent location, our professional and friendly staff and our great breakfast buffet.
Let me thank you for your compliments and for your patronage. We are looking forward to welcoming you again, should your travel plans bring you back to the area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The best hotel I've stayed in in Europe.
Staff are excellent, breakfast superb, location is amazing as near to public transport but not too near the hustle and bustle.

The room was fantastic, overlooking a lovely square.

Don't even bother looking at other hotels, waste of time. Just book this one and enjoy.

Room Tip: Just ask for a good room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank geoffbirchenall1979
Dear „geoffbirchenall1979”,

I can not be grateful enough for your generous review posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

I was really happy to see that you had spent an enjoyable time in Budapest and our hotel could meet or even exceed your expectations. Your kind words regarding our entire team, the breakfast, the guest room and our favourable location are highly appreciated.

Let me thank you again for your compliments. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future.

new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Amazing hotel! The staff is wonderful, very helpful, and pleasant. The premises are well designed, cleaned and well maintained. Although the complimentary coffee and drink lounge could use softer lighting. We didn't use the sauna/gym but we did take a peek, it is beautiful and clean. The breakfast has everything you want for breakfast, it is quite a fantastic spread, eggs, meats, fruits, cereals, salads, breads, diff coffee selections. The room is functional, basic but comfortable, with windows that open wide, good sheets. The wifi is solid and free. Location fantastic, short walk to main tourist areas, but far enough to be away from the tourist areas. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gnewey
Dear „gnewey”,

I was delighted to read your throughout positive comment about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

I was also happy to see that our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, the location and our complimentary services met or even exceeded your expectations in all aspects and you spent a memorable time in Budapest. Your compliments regarding the service provided by my colleagues are highly appreciated.

Let me thank you for your generous comment. We are looking forward to serving you again, should your travel plans bring you back to our capital.

Prague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent our weekend in Palazzo Zichy and really enjoyed the excellent location close to the city center, friendliness and helpfullness of the staff and excellent breakfest. Very strongly recommended for anyone who wants to spend romantinc weekend in Budapest while enjoying perfect services. Will be coming back soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MichalK
Dear „MichalK”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your citybreak with us. Your generous feedback regarding our hotel, the breakfast service and our location are highly appreciated. I am also glad that our staff provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay.

I truly hope to have the pleasure to meeting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again.

Kind regards,