“All those graet reviews.....are absolutely true”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I feel that there is nothing more to add to the reviews of this fantastic hotel. Italian design from the grand hall to the lovely breakfast area under the dome, lovely room (isolation between the rooms could perhaps have been better thought through)
Ideal for a romantic getaway week-end with the loved one and to visit Budapest.
Last point, very un-romantic but there you go: the breakfast is amazing. Not your average glutton, but felt like staying there for hours

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GwenFirenze
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear „GwenFirenze”,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I can not be grateful enough for your kind words and compliments on our design and breakfast service. It was especially great to read that you considered our hotel to be a perfect choice for a romantic weekend. We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to see you soon again!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Palazzo Zichy

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really love this great hotel - comfortable and clean. Delicious breakfast, very good service with a very attentive and pleasant staff.

Wshall certainly recommend it to our friends. the bedroom was also to our liking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Benedicte R

Dear „Benedicte R”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us. Your generous review is highly appreciated and I do hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I really loved this hotel. It is elegant and updated in an old beautiful building. Location is great
And the staff are all so friendly and helpful. The breakfast is absolutely delicious and even includes
A mimosa if you want one. It is also nice that there are complementary beverages in the lobby until
5:00 pm. The dinner menu is also good if you are too tired to go out. Overall, we could not have been happier. Thank you for a great time in Budapest.

Room Tip: Request room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear „nkirk6”,

I can not be grateful enough for your kind review posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was truly happy to read your all-embracing positive comment covering the most important services and facilities of our hotel. I was especially glad that you have recognized our staff’s service minded attitude. I also would like to thank you for mentioning our favourable location.
I would like to thank you once again for sharing your experiences with the travelling community and I truly hope to have the chance to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very comfortable room, staff very friendly and helpful and had suggestions of things to see in our 2 day stay. Organised umbrellas when weather looked threatening.
Hotel was a short walk from hop-on hop-off bus and from many attractions like the museum and markets. We even found that the famous "New York Café" was an easy 15 minute walk away.
Would highly recommend and would stay there again.
WiFi is free and also had business centre which made checking work e-Mails easier.
Day lounge for snacks and soft drinks an extra feature if you wanted a quick refreshment between walks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear „RossF830”,

Thank you very much for your positive comment left on TripAdvisor. I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and you liked the great location as well! I am also glad that you could take advantage of the complimentary services and facilities like the wireless internet, the internet corner and the Lounge Bar. Your kind words are highly appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you agin!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Entrance to Hotel is a real wow! Reception quick and efficient. Received all we needed info, maps, restaurant directions, recommendations etc. Breakfast very nice however didn't enjoy the self service machine coffee, just doesn't taste the same! Rooms are lovely, upmarket and modern. No bath only showers !

Room Tip: We were on first floor so it virtually street level but no noise just need to close curtains as peop...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi-Scott25

Dear „Heidi-Scott25”,

I am so glad that you liked the unique design of our Hotel Palazzo Zichy! Thank you very much for your kind review and for your compliments regarding the service provided by our staff. I am pleased to learn from your comment that my colleagues could ease your holiday in Budapest with providing information and advices.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Palazzo Zichy was a marvelous find, on a little square, next to a beautiful old church, in walking distance to everything. Room was spacious, breakfast spread amazing. All staff very friendly and helpful. We asked for massages and were provided an appointment that day. Free wifi.
Staff gave excellent directions and maps to attractions, with both walking and tram directions. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very easy to get to the hotel even with lots of luggage, just around 5 minutes walk. The reception staff is very kind to upgrade my room to a bigger one. The room is spacious, super clean and tidy. They offer free coffee, water and peanuts in the lobby in the daytime. This gives a very relax and comfortable area for chat and make travel plans for the day. Even though there are lots of guests asking for information in the reception desk, you never need to wait for long. Some staff from the back office, even the bartender, will step forward to help. The reception staff are very helpful and provide lots of information, such as restaurant, transportation, for sure you can get the best. Overall, the hotel makes my stay in Budapest a wonderful and enjoyable one. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank M C

Dear „M C”,

First of all let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was happy to learn from your kind words that you spent an enjoyable and memorable citybreak in Budapest. It makes me especially glad that my colleagues, even from the back office could be at your assistance with providing information and giving you advices on activities.
I would like to thank you again for your kind words and hope to see you again in the future!