“A Dream Come True”

Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Rhode Island
“A Dream Come True”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Hotel is a privately owned, totally rebuilt, former palace with sunny colors, light galore from a beautiful glass ceiling in the lobby providing an airy feeling to the reception area. It has two beautiful lounges with free water and snacks and newspapers. The surfaces of the interior are intricate and yet not overdone. We stayed for about 9 days, and every day brought delightful discoveries. Each and every staff person we spoke with was a gem. This experience was one of the two best we have ever had in a European hotel and we go at least once, often twice a year. We could not have been more pleased with every facet of our time at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy...we wish we could go back again next week to this elegant and yet welcoming and relaxing bit of paradise.

Room Tip: Excellent size, quiet air conditioner, comfortable bed, well appointed and very attractive, large ba...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mkayes
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear „Mkayes”,

Let me express my gratitude for your praiseful comment left on the most popular travellers’ site about your recent stay at the Palazzo Zichy.
I was delighted to see that all of my colleagues provided you with an exceptional service, it will be my greatest pleasure to pass on your compliments to our entire staff.
It made me also glad that not only the service but the design, the architecture and all other facilities could live up to your expectations.
We would be happy to serving you again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, should you plan a next visit to our beautiful Budapest.

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Zichy is everything you want. Central yet quiet location, helpful reception desk, outstanding breakfast with cheery waiters and tidy rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a good value in the heart of Budapest. Short walking distance to many good cafes and a five minute walk to the metro.. Go have tea at the Gresham Palace and lunch at the New York Cafe in the Boscolo but stay at the Zichy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
Dear „Lisa M”,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor travellers.
I am so glad that we could meet or even exceed your expectations in all aspects and you spent an ejoyable city break in Budapest.
Let me thank you once again for your kind comment and we hope to have the pleasure to having you back soon,

With kind regards,

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the hotel and cannot recommend it highly enough. Right from the moment we booked the service has been exceptional. On arrival - very late at night - we got a great welcome. The room was outstanding - exceptionally clean, king size bed, fantastic shower & quiet air conditioning. Breakfast has everything you could wish for and was very well organised despite being busy. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel but there are great ones just around the corner. If we return to Budapest we would definitely stay here.

1 Thank Sue N
Dear „Sue N”,

Let me thank you for recommending us to the travelling community and for your detailed feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was glad to see that you had been pleased with the professional service provided by our staff as well as with the guestroom and the breakfast service.
We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Could not have hoped for a better hotel.
The rooms aren't massive but had everything we needed, good quiet ducted AC, tv with BBC news 24 & NBC & Euronews in English, room safes, minibar fridge with space for your own drinks. The only thing missing was in room tea/coffee making facility, but it was for free downstairs in the bar
The staff were amazing an catered to our every need immediately.
Like an earlier reviewer said, it's clear that the Hotel management are determined to ensure the guests enjoy their stay and leave satisfied.
Without a doubt I would recommend this hotel & will most definitely book this hotel next time were in Pest.
Only just left and already missing it.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms here will be of high standard.
Dear „cfcglen”,

First of all let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community, your praising review is highly appreciated.
I am glad that you spent memorable days with us and our hotel, our facilities and services could make your vacation in Budapest more enjoyable.
It made me especially happy that you recognized the professionalism of our staff, it is indeed our greatest goal to make our guests’ Budapest-stay a memorable experience.
Your patronage and your kind words are highly appreciated. It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

New York City
Reviewed June 21, 2013

When we first arrived at Hotel Palazzo Vichy, we were greeted with words to send a chill into the hearts of any travelers: "We have had a problem with the electricity and cannot accommodate your reservation." But how quickly our mood changed when the charming young man who delivered this news immediately made it clear that they had made booked us at their sister hotel, the Best Western Parlement, given us a free upgrade to an exclusive suite, paid for our taxi ride to the sister hotel for one to the train station at the end of the trip. The service we got at Best Western Parlement was every bit as warm and friendly as this initial greeting, knowledgeable staff always ready to provide help on any issue, and we were thoroughly delighted with our experience.

3 Thank carolinet
Athens, Greece
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in the Palazzo Zichy in mid June 2013 (during the peak of the flood!) for nearly a week. It is the third hotel I am staying in Budapest, and easily the best. The building is an old palace with a beautifully decorated interior - a glass pyramid covers the internal atrium, lighting both the lobby and the breakfast room in the basement. The rooms are outstanding: wood furniture with glass and metal details, glass door to the bathroom, granite-like floor in the shower and heated mirror, good size and exceptionally high ceilings. It's hard to do justice to the hotel with photographs, it really is as good as it seems in the promotional photos.

The hotel is located between two metro stations on the blue line - this line runs closest to the airport, but the combined bus/metro trip takes 45-50 minutes. The way to the Kalvin Ter station (5-10 minutes) goes through a couple of squares and many restaurants and bars, so it's always lively, even late at night. There is a square next to the hotel, but there is no noise at all with the windows closed in the first floor - there was a street festival during my stay, and the square was crowded with people eating and drinking, and I could hear nothing. An alternative is to walk to the nearest tram station (1 minute) on the 4-6 line which runs around Pest and crosses all metro lines. On that street (Josef Korut) all kinds of stores are available. I did not walk to the center, as the public transport system is so efficient - with the tram or metro you can be at any of the sights in 10-15 minutes from the hotel (20 for the castle, which requires climbing or an extra bus).

The hotel offers excellent breakfast, both hot and cold items, and everything fresh and well prepared. Special mention to the coffee machines (with fresh coffee beans) and the fresh juice machine. Coffee/tea/water are also available in the bar next to the lobby for free until 5 pm - then the regular bar opens. Over that bar, there is a computer room with 6 public PCs and a laser printer, handy for printing maps and boarding passes. Finally, the hotel has a small but nice gym. Internet is available everywhere for free, and works fine.

Finally, a few things about the service. In most trips, I only see the hotel staff during check-in/check-out. This time I got to see more of them. During reservation, I sent a query about billing (I needed two bills), it was answered in a few minutes. During check-in I received the first bill, and later on the day I found the second bill in the room - both according to my instructions. A couple of days later my thermostat got stuck, displaying all 8's. I called the reception, and was told that I would get a call back from a person knowledgeable about that. They called me back in a couple of minutes, understood the problem, and in a couple more minutes were in the room to reset the thermostat. Total time, less than 10 minutes. With this and that, I got the impression that the people running the hotel really want everything to run smooth and the guest to leave satisfied - and so I did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank xgeorgeAthens
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is simply an up-market hotel at a very affordable price.
A very elegantly finished hotel with friendly and efficient staff.
I was given a free room upgrade as a birthday present.
Room was a good size, bathroom was exceptional and the air conditioning was lovely as weather was hot every day during our stay. Breakfast buffet is as good as anywhere we have stayed in Europe, plus free beverages and bar snacks during the day.
Nice location - if the weather is good then most of the sights are well within walking distance, plus there are plenty of nice local bars & restaurants within a few minutes walk, just ask at reception for directions.
Hotel arranged our taxi's for airport transfers which made life easy.
Give this hotel a try, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

5 Thank Mark H