“Good Hotel in Pest”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Pros:
The location is not in the center of town (Pest), but not far away. I stayed in the Junior Suite for two nights. The corner room was spacious with a view of the plaza and church across the street. The room was appointed nicely and had many windows to let in the natural sunlight. The staff was very helpful. I brought my bicycle with me and they allowed me to store it in the service entrance. Breakfast was good and the complimentary water and coffee before 17:00 was convenient. The Lemoncello gelato from the shop in the Zichy Square is also recommended.

Cons:
While returning to my room, I found that the door was not completely shut and had been accidentally left open by Housekeeping. This was confirmed by the hotel manager, after he checked which key was last used to open the door. Nothing was stolen from the room, but hopefully this is not a regular occurrence. The staff handled the situation professionally and the manager said that appropriate actions were taken to ensure this does not happen again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,939)

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is really, really terrific. Unless you need to spend three times as much and must stay at the Four Seasons, this one is a no-brainer. The location is excellent, you can get anywhere from here quickly by foot or by public transportation. The immediate location is quiet and comfortable to walk around. The service would be hard to beat at any price. The staff are helpful, pleasant, fun to talk with, and are happy to take care of whatever you need. The room was modern, not large, but plenty big enough to work well for us for the three nights we were there. The place is clean as a whistle, the bathroom modern. The breakfast they serve is excellent with enough choices, quality and quantity to satisfy anyone I know.

The Trip Advisor rating for this hotel is spot on. Just about a perfect place.

2  Thank Peter R
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear „Peter R”,

I am so proud whilst reading your review; your compliments and your kind words regarding our hotel, the location and especially the service provided by my colleagues are highly appreciated! I am very grateful for your time take to share your experiences with the travellers and hope to welcome you back upon your next Budapest-trip.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Add me to the list of people who love this hotel. The rooms are modern and clean, and the beds are super comfortable. The staff, from the desk to the housekeepers to Gabor the bartender, were all incredibly nice and professional. The hotel itself is a wonderful mix of modern design in a classic "palace" of a building, sharing a small cute square with an old church and a basement bar. I really wouldn't stay anywhere else in Budapest after staying here. I found myself wishing I could take the hotel with me to the next destination.

1  Thank marybanilow

Dear „marybanilow”,

First of all let me thank you for leaving a positive review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I am so glad that our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations. I am especially happy that you liked the beds and the design of our hotel. It makes me proud that all of my colleagues you encountered with, but especially Gabor provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed for a one week holiday in May at the Hotel Palazzo Zichy. It's impossible for me to write anything negative about this hotel.

Checking in was relaxed and friendly. Reception staff were top notch throughout and also acted as Concierges; booking tours, taxis etc. etc. All staff were friendly, polite and efficient.

The hotel style and rooms are of a modern "clean" contemporary style but of high quality. This gives the hotel a clean modern look rather than a homely feel, thus scoring a 4 for the room. Room servicing was excellent and the room was kept immaculate throughout the week.

There are no drinks making facilities in the room but free coffee/tea/water are available until 5PM, in the bar area. We liked this arrangement as the area was pleasant to relax in and the coffee/tea/water was unlimited.

The breakfast room was the sunken courtyard of the original palace building such that from reception level you could look down into the breakfast room. This room was again of a modern "clean" design but very attractive and spotlessly clean. The buffet breakfast was of high quality and the staff kept everything topped up and available such that we never saw anything run out. We have seen larger choices of breakfasts at other hotels but there was still plenty of choice here.

Checking out was also nice and easy and the bill was absolutely accurate. The Receptionist called a taxi for us. All in all a hotel that we were sorry to leave.

1  Thank inkitin

Dear „inkitin”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was delighted to read that from the time of check-in until the check-out you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also happy to see that you could take advantage of our complimentary lounge bar. Your compliments on the service provided by our staff are greatly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to hosting you soon again,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Despite my sign in name, we are now 6 ladies who travel once a year to a different European city to enjoy the culture, food and wine. I cannot take the credit for choosing this amazing hotel but it was just beautiful. Palazzo Zichy is an old family home that has been renovated to an outstanding level. It is modern, clean and situated perfectly for both local bars and restaurants and the more famous sights. We walked almost everywhere (other than to the Baths and to Buda) both during the day and at night. The area is completely safe and very pleasant. You should definitely visit the Ruin Pubs, the indoor market and the Szechenyi Baths amongst many other wonderful sights.
The hotel rooms are just the right size and although the beds initially seem very hard, they are actually excellent. If I had any negative comments about the hotel at all, they would be 1) no turn down service in the evenings so no clean towels for the morning (although I'm sure you could phone and ask for them) and 2) the bathroom doors, although beautiful dark coloured glass do not offer any sound privacy so if you are happy with your room mate sharing the sounds of your ablutions then fine, but if not, you will need to leave the TV on fairly loudly.
The hotel staff are excellent, from the front desk staff to the bartender to the breakfast staff - nothing is too much trouble for them. I could write a page about the wonderful service but you would be better off to go and see for yourself!
Breakfast was excellent - everything you could think of to start your day. The complimentary tea, coffee, water etc is a great idea although I wish they would continue it during the evening too, alongside the bar facility, as we often didn't get back til about 5.30pm and then felt it was too early for a drink but annoying to have to pay for a cup of tea which was free 30 minutes earlier.
These comments are not meant as negative but simply to provide feedback to the hotel. If you are going to Budapest and want to stay in a hotel that is fantastic value for money, of a high standard and with outstanding staff, then definitely stay at Palazzo Zichy!

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter - the area is quiet and the rooms appear to be very similar.
1  Thank Jan O

Dear „4ladiesBrentwood”,

I am so glad that you had chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your annual trip with your friends and I am especially happy that you had been pleased with your choice.
I am delighted that you found our location, our facilities and services perfect to spend a city break in Budapest. I am also very grateful for sharing your constructive comments with us, your kind feedbacks on the turn-down service and the bathroom doors are highly appreciated. As all commenst from our guests are very important for us, please be ensured that I will definitely discuss them with our General Manager.
Let me thank you once again for your kind review. We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you again when your travel plans bring you back to the beautiful Budapest!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Palazzo Zichy is a very beautiful hotel. Modern and very clean. Our room was a good size and the bathroom was just so lovely and spacious. Breakfast was good as there was lots to choose from. Up until 5pm the hotel provides free refreshments which include tea, coffee hot chocolate, bottled water and peanuts. There is free wifi and also several computers with a printer for use for free. These are all nice touches by the hotel. The location is good, we walked everywhere so I couldnt comment on public transport, but the main sights were in good walking distance. The hotel is situated on a quiet street and there are several bars and restaurants just around the corner. The main thing for me though was the staff. They are the nicest people I ever had the pleasure to meet. A big thankyou to Juditza who was so helpful with her emails, and also a big thank you to all the staff at the hotel who were so welcoming, helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel, as there is nothing here to dissapoint. I would definetely return.

Dear „Numptette”,

First and foremost let me thank you for generous comment left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I highly appreciate your kind words and compliments. I am glad that you spent memorable days with us and our hotel, our facilities and services and also the personalized service provided by our staff could make your vacation in Budapest more enjoyable. It was my pleasure to be at your assistance prior to your arrival.

We would be happy to welcoming you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, should your plans bring you back to our capital.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We couldn’t fault our stay at this wonderful hotel. We booked it as it was very highly rated on Trip Advisor and the room rate through Expedia was excellent. It is very well located – about ten minutes walk from Astoria where you can get the hop on-hop off buses. Everything about the hotel was immaculate; from the rooms to the breakfast and the staff were exemplary particularly in recommending places to eat and drink. Szimpla a local Ruin pub is well worth a visit – it’s very different to any bar we’ve been in before. We also enjoyed the New York Café – very like the Ritz in London and try and find the ‘Shoes on the Danube’ art installation – very haunting and only 5 mins walk from St Stephens Basillica. Thank you to all the staff at the Zichy Palace who made us feel so welcome!

Dear „Joshandsam”,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was delighted to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you had been pleased with your hotel choice based on the opinion of the travelling community. On behalf of the future Budapest travellers I would like to thank you for your super tips on activities an sights not to be missed.
Let me thank you again for your kind words and for your patronage. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!