We stayed here from the 15th December for 4 nights for a Christmas break. We are a young couple in our early 20's and wanted to treat ourselves for a romantic trip away without blowing the budget. This hotel was fantastic and ticked all the boxes! The room was beautiful - lovely high ceilings and pretty decor. The bed was massive! And the bathroom, what can I say... it was amazing. We had a sink each! Our room was on the ground floor and so on street level but we never noticed any noise or felt exposed. The breakfast was really good, there was so much choice, you could even squeeze your own juice! My boyfriend and I are both vegetarians and we felt that there was more than enough choice for our diet.
Budapest was so cold when we visited, but the hotel was always so lovely and warm - great for coming back after a long day exploring, but a bit of a shock in the morning when we were setting off! The hotel is in a good location, having never stayed any where in Budapest before I can't compare but we walked to anywhere we wanted to go and only ever used public transport to get from the airport and back. The hotel is located on a lovely little square, near what we guessed was a university. There were lots of restaurants nearby and it wasn't too much of a walk to the main high street - which is where the main Christmas market was.
Budapest is a very beautiful city - and we had 4 very action packed days, but it was very cold and foggy at that time in December. We will definitely be coming back in the summer - for the thermal baths! and will most likely stay here again!
If I were to give you 3 tips for a great trip to this amazing city they would be:
1) go and see a performance at the opera house - we went to see the Christmas concert which was fab and the composer was from Birmingham! (he could not speak a word of Hungarian)
2) go to the house of terror - if you show your UK passport you get in half price. As the name suggests it was quite thought provoking but so interesting.
3) walk everywhere! - if you have a good map it is so worth walking to anywhere you want to go within the city. The streets are so interesting and even if you get lost its just an experience to see all the different parts of Budapest. Also the river at night is just fantastic!
We had an awesome time in Budapest and can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The place where history meets present! Stay in a historical palace that was originally constructed in the 19th century and served as the residence of a Hungarian noble, Count Nandor Zichy. Located in downtown Budapest in the historical Palace quarter. Our guests will enjoy a state-of-the-art guestroom with a flat panel television, and complimentary high-speed Internet. The 80-room hotel features many free services: lounge with free water and coffee, Internet-access, business corner with 6 workstations and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Zichy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Zichy Hotel
- Palazzo Zichy Budapest