“Deserves its stellar reputation”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just returned from 4 nights with my wife at this quite brilliant and stylish boutique hotel. It has somehow managed to retain its aristocratic heritage and yet feel very contemporary. Despite the yellow pastels and uber cool lounges we have rarely if ever felt more at home in a hotel. The attention to detail and the multilingual staff make it a fabulous place to stay and both are exceptional.

First some practicalities. You can reach it easily and cheaply from the airport. Take Bus 200E from outside T2 at Ferenc Liszt airport to Kobanya-Kispest Metro. Jump on line 3 to Kalvin Ter and then a 5 minute walk to the hotel. It is only three stops from Deak Ferenc Ter, Budapest transport hub where all three metro lines converge.The hotel is located in Josefvaros district. It is just off the city centre in a large student district.There are numerous excellent value restaurants and bars nearby and it is only a 10 minute walk from the Danube and the spotlessly clean Nagycsarnok market, a great place for souvenirs and for food on the go. The hotel also overlooks Lorinc Pap Ter, a quaint and quiet little square.The rooms are very spacious, super clean with high celings, they have international TV, and large walk-in rain showers. Breakfast is a selection of yogurts,fruit,breads,delicatessen cheeses and meats and is ample and highf quality.

The free coffee/tea/water and snacks in the lounge until 5pm is a great touch and a lovely place to relax. The staff were superb, ever friendly and helpful. They genuinely seemed to want make our stay a pleasant one. I cannot recommend this hotel too highly. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DavidKLondon
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear „DavidKLondon”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy during your recent holiday in our beautiful capital.

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and our staff could be at your assistance to make your stay more enjoyable.

Let me also thank you for the valuable and really helpful information on how to get to the hotel, about the so called „palast disctrict” and about our hotel. I am pretty sure that your detailed comment will help many travellers, who are planning a trip to Budapest.

We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Palazzo Zichy

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to Budapest for a long weekend. We couldn't have asked for more. The hotel was clean and modern and the service friendly. It's worth noting the hotel bar was closed until roughly 17:00 although before this time you are welcome to enjoy free tea/coffee and water. It has a free computer suite with internet access and printers available. There was also no hotel restaurant open in the evening but they do offer reasonably priced room service if you're too tired to go out. Walking distance to all main tourist sites and lovely bar/restaurants located within a 10 minute walk.

3  Thank Alexandra R

Dear „Alexandra R”,

Let me thank you for your kind review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was pleased to read that you spent an enjoyable citybreak with us and our complimentary services, like the Lounge bar and the internet corner could make your stay more pleasant.
It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital.

With kind regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

HPZ exceeded all of our expectations during our 3 night stay in Budapest.

People: The staff members were friendly and helpful and made us feel like we really had a home during our stay there. The other guests were courteous and mostly professional groups or couples.

Services: Breakfast service is incredible, with a plethora of foods and treats from all over. There is also free refreshment available during the day at the cafe, where you can sit and chat with others, or read a newspaper. There is also a bar open during the evening, but we didn't try that out.

Location: Located right smack in the middle of Pest, HPZ was nice and close to museums, food, the drug store, and walking Budapest from there was a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank petriomelony
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear „petriomelony”,

Herewith let me take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for your generous feedback. I am so glad that you had a great experience at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and our staff, all services as well as the location of our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations.
Let me thank you again for recommending us to the travelling community and I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you soon again!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We choosed this hotel because of nice pictures and nice reviews on the hotel site. But the expectations lived up to everything that was said about the hotel. Beautiful hotel, nice rooms and great service. We also had some really nice time in the bar Part even if the cocktails we'rent anything special the barman was very helpful and friendly and gave us some great tips about where to go and must see's.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PetterNyberg

Dear „PetterNyberg”,

Let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community and for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to see that our Hotel Palazzo Zichy could live up to all expectations. I was especially glad to read that our bartender provided you with an exceptional service. Your generous comment is highly appreciated and we hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Loved this hotel. Staff was amazing. Room quiet and clean. Pillows too firm for my taste but that must be the only set back!
I will absolutely stay here next time in Budapest.
We took the massage as well and it was great.
Breakfast room a bit too small but the food selection was good.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank lerik86
ibogyo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear "lerik86",

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor.
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you were satisfied with our services and facilities and also you take advantage of our massage service.

In case your travel plans brings you back to Budapest, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Thank you again for your comment.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We can't fault this hotel.
We pre-booked 5 nights stay, at an extremely good price.
We found the location excellent- nice and quiet but close to everywhere we wanted to go.
After our first night we did have a problem, being disturbed by building works next door. The staff handled it very well and moved us for the next few nights, to an even better room.
The breakfast was varied and tasty, and the free coffee, nibbles and water during the day were very welcome
We would certainly recommend this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DannyACMA

Dear "DannyACMA",

Thank you for sharing your experiences with other travellers here on TripAdvisor.
I was gladly reading that our staff provided exceptional service during your stay and were able to solve your problem quickly and efficiently.
Thank you again for your contribution, I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in our hotel in the near future.

Front Desk

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I took my wife to this hotel foe her birthday, following several Trip Advisor revuews and am happy to share my enthusiasm. This is a very well presented, clean hotel and the staff were very friendly and courteous. The food (breakfast only, I'm afraid) was excellent and there were so many restaurants nearby, all of which were fantastic and inexpensive, that eating out was very convenient and pleasant. I recommend the Catfish.

2  Thank Lastgothstanding

Dear "Lastgothstanding",

Thank you for recommending us to the travelling community and for celebrating your wife's birthday in our hotel.
I am happy that we met your expectations and we were able to make your stay special for both of you.
I hope to have a chance to welcome you again in our hotel in the future.

Front Office Manager