“Very comfortable and great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Palazzo Zichy

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
“Very comfortable and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels in Budapest, located in a quiet area but still at walking distance to all main places in town. Rooms are very comfortable and clean with good bathroom facilities. The hotel is located in a renovated old palace. The renovation is done in a modern style which gives a very attractive architectual effect in this old palace. The staff is very friendly and delivers service beyond expectation in a very informal way. Breakfast is excellent. Prices of the rooms are very, very good value. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Family L
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear „Family L”,

Thank you very much for your kind attention taken in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to share your experiences with the travelling community.
I was pleased to read that our hotel and our staff met or even exceeded your expectations. Your kind feedback regarding our staff, breakfast service and especially the design of our hotel is highly apprecaited.
We would be happy to welcoming you again should your plans bring you back to Budapest.

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the previous excellent reviews. I really enjoyed the experience of staying there. It was calm and comfortable. The breakfasts were superb and reception staff were all very helpful. It is in a quiet area but easily accessible to all parts of Budapest. We had a late flight so it was lovely to be able to relax in the bar area with access to water and hot drinks until it was time to sadly leave!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Michele W
Dear „Michele W”,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was delighted to see that - based on the TripAdvisor reviews - our hotel could meet or even exceed your expectations.
I am also glad to read that you could enjoy our free Lounge Bar service before leaving Budapest.
Let me thank you again for your valuable review. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the not so distant future.

Dunfermline
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Feb 2013 - rooms are spotless, everything is gleaming, beautifully finished decor and bathrooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was amazing - everything from standard cooked items, fresh fruit, cereals, huge selection of breads and pastries, fresh juices and a cold platter with smoked salmon, meats, cheeses, olives etc. Wonderful comfy beds - I slept really well and the rooms were a nice temperature. They also have free tea, coffee and bottled water in the bar all day until 5pm, with nuts and snacks.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a high quality base for a great city break and it was close to the centre and many of the attractions of Budapest, which was beautiful.

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in room 507 - twin beds, plenty of storage space and lovely bathroom. Great v...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RR1960
Dear „RR1960”,

Let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your stay in Budapest and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was glad to read that you were happy with your hotel choice, it was our pleasure to serve you whilst visiting our beautiful capital. I was especially happy that you found our beds comfortable, thank you very much for pointing this out.
I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy should your plans bring you back to our capital. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend for valentines and as his birthday presents and both of us couldn't be more impressed. Hotel was lovely, staff were lovely.

Our lightbulb went in our room so we told them when we headed out for the day and when we got back we had a little thank you note to let us know it was fixed and thank you for letting them know.

Perfect stay and will come again

Dear „Harriette_coop”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your special Valentine- break and birthday celebration in Budapest. I was glad to read that our staff provided exceptional service throughout your stay and could make your stay pleasant, even with the follow-up on the small technical problem.
Thank you very much again for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers and we sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is an amazing hotel in a wonderful city. Rooms are really amazing, they are very modern and finished to a really high standard and the cleanest of any hotel we've stayed in before.

The staff are so so friendly, the breakfast top quality and it was an absolute pleasure to stay here.

The location is not the most central and other hotels are better situated but don't be put off by this as the best bits of budapest are really nearby and the transport on your doorstep!

I would stay here again any time!

Dear „Stevohicks”,

First and foremost let me thank you for taking your time to leave a positive comment about your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, it was our pleasure to serve you whilst visiting Budapest. I was especially happy that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments on our staff and breakfast service furthermore the valuable information regarding our location are highly appreciated.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital!

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I love Palazzo Zichy it is my third visit there and I will come back. The nice touches such as the little card in the room thanking me for returning, the perfectly equipped rooms (small though), the excellent breakfast and wifi both included in the price. The personnel is extremely professional, courteous, the hotel superbly maintained. Website prices are incredible during winter about 80 Euros a nice for two people one cannot beat that. Highly recommended unconditionally.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „Olivierada”,

It is our greatest pleasure that you had chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again for your recent Budapest-stay, we highly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel! I also would like to express my gratitude for sharing your experiences with the travellers and for recommending us on the greatest travellers’ site.
The entire staff of our Hotel Palazzo Zichy is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I wasn't sure if the website would be an accurate reflection of the reality but I was very impressed. For £89 I got the British equivalent of a £180-200 hotel. The building is an excellent remodelling of old and new: beautiful original ironwork but with a modern twist. The restaurant is sunken to basement level but open to the skies with a clever skylight. Sauna was clean and fired up for early morning users with free towels/water/fruit. The bedroom was spacious, plenty of storage and comfy bed, large en suite. Only problem was the room was cold (it was snowing outside). Within ten minutes of ringing reception the controls were checked, a blanket issued and an extra room card issued so the room could warm up when I went out for dinner. Faultless, pleasant reception staff whose English was excellent.
Final tip: room 308 gets you the balcony overlooking the fantastic church, square and looking down three quiet streets.

2 Thank David A