“100%”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Excellent place. Great value for money. Stylish, complete, good location, very friendly staff, rich breakfast, clean etc.. Stayed for 2 nights for a bargain price, booked via the hotel's own website. All perfect.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear „dirkaarts”,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your stay in Budapest. I am glad that you got a good deal and our rooms, our staff and the entire hotel met your expectations.
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the travelling community and hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have to be honest. I booked Hotel Palazzo Zichy as it was good value but I was really surprised. The staff were impeccably polite and friendly. The building is a attractive old probably historic property converted in to a modern contemporary space but without loosing it's original style. An impressive glass atrium is at the centre. The breakfast is in the bottom level of the atrium and is of a very high quality with lots of choice.

The rooms are smart with a quite trendy contemporary style. I had a very comfortable double bed. The Wifi is free and the rooms have a simple mini-bar. The bathroom was modern too with a very good shower. There is plenty of room. I found the towels a little small and not quite as luxurious as I would have liked. A small issue. The floors are wood and solid and so the hotel provides slippers.

The location is quite central and we enjoyed a fun evening with the Christmas markets and a friendly drink. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. I've spent double this in Budapest and had far less value. It's a trendy contemporary hotel with first class service. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear „Jon_Godfrey”,

Let me thank you for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was pleased to read that our hotel met or even exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant business trip to Budapest.
It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital.

With kind regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great hotel in Budapest with excellent service from the staff. The rooms are very modern, clean, spacious (especially for Europe!) and the location is nice and central. We were able to easily walk to the metro/tram, Hop-on Hop-off bus. The hotel has a gym which although small, was clean and had enough equipment to do a quick workout. Free tea/coffee and water is offered throughout the day in the lounge which is a nice touch. The breakfast had far more variety than most European hotels, including omelettes, sausages, fried eggs, grilled/steamed vegetables, salads, cold meats, cheese, yoghurt, loads of cereals (and the little extras that you can add yourself such as nuts, dried fruit etc). The only reason I would not give the hotel 5 stars is firstly because of the bed which was incredibly hard and felt like we were sleeping on a concrete floor. We did learn afterwards that you can have a pillow top added on request but it would have been nice to be offered this upon check in! Secondly, there is not a great deal of variety in terms of restaurants nearby. But there still is enough to have a decent meal for a few nights so not too bad. We would stay again but would add the pillow top to the bed (but this comes down to personal choice!).

Room Tip: If you don't like a rock hard thin mattress with no padding, ask for a pillow top upfront!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Golfing_Tripper

Dear „Golfing_Tripper”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor travellers. Let me also thank you for your useful and detailed comment about our hotel and our services, facilities.
I regret to learn from your review that the bed did not meet your expectations, however, I am glad that we could find a solution to make your sleeping experience better.
Let me thank you again for staying with us and for your kind words. It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here, recently for five nights. The Hotel was modern, clean, comfortable and the breakfasts superb. The staff were pleasant and could not have been more helpful. We were celebrating my wife's 60th Birthday and they arranged for a cake to be delivered to our room. We would have no hesitation in staying there again and will recommend it to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lobby area are very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear „Angela S”,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing our Hotel Palazzo Zichy to celebrate your wife’s birthday with us!
I was truly happy to read that our hotel and the service provided by our staff met or even exceeded your expectations and you spent memorable days in our beautiful city.
Let me thank you again for staying with us and I do hope to have the opportunity to meet you in the future!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 night stay. The room was very very clean and very modern. The bathroom was lovely. The rain shower head was superb and the extra detachable shower head was a great feature. The decor all over the hotel was just perfect. I used the stairs several times rather than the lift and the staircase is just wonderful ( so wonderful they have used the image on the glass bathroom doors) even the doors that lead to the staircase are magnificent.You get an idea of the grandeur of the original building.
The staff without exception were so helpful, polite and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was superb. I love anywhere with smoked salmon. So much of it as well.
Location was just right, although I know Budapest well and I prefer to be down by the river, its a personal choice. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Go on line and compare prices for this hotel, we got a double room with breakfast for 65 euros per night. Amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the square, its a lovely view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear „Jenny1000000”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind comment posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us. Your generous review is highly appreciated and I do hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights together with my wife. The room was modern and clean. The staff was very friendly & helpful. The place has excellent breakfast offer, probably the best ever seen on sub-5-star places. Free refreshments during the day were nice. Location is quite convenient - 2mins from tram, 5mins from metro, main sightseeing 10-15mins walking.

A few little 'but's:
- i would prefer better bathroom isolation in terms of sound & smell
- i think there was a bit of water leaking from the bidet in the bathroom
- the tv was a bit misfunctioning sometimes, but as we used that very little, didn't mind

No, I did not inform the staff on any of these little issues, as they were not that important, I am absolutely sure, they would have solved everything ASAP ;)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear „martinsoz”,

Let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, it was our pleasure to host you whilst visiting Budapest.
We highly appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff, our breakfast and the location of the hotel. However, I regret to learn from your review that you did have some problem with the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience these might have caused to you.
Let me thank you again for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and we are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

After booking this hotel for a city break, myself and my partner were very excited by all the fantastic reviews on here, and it's safe to say that this hotel lived up to every single one of our expectations.
The rooms were gorgeous, the staff were amazing; nothing was too much trouble! We took advantage of the free breakfast in bed on our last morning and it was lovely. The bar that opens at 5pm made made some of the best cocktails we've ever had, and during the day, there is a free coffee, tea and water service which was a lovely touch.
The battery on our card reader in the door needed changing and the staff were fantastic, because of the small inconvience they upgraded us to another room and couldn't have been mpre apologetic if they tried (even though it wasn't their fault at all!) they even sweetened the deal with giving us some free drinks at the bar!
The hotel was ideally located for seeing all the sights (we did walk most places) and close to some lovely restaurants.
This hotel is hugely deserving of the ratings its recieved; we struggle to see how anyone could have a bad experience!

2  Thank Deya L

Dear „Deya L”,

Let me thank you for your praising words and for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was pleased to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you spent an enjoyable citybreak in Budapest.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the battery of the door lock once again; I am glad that my colleagues could solve the problem quickly.
It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again!

With kind regards,