“Fantastic Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
“Fantastic Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

After booking this hotel for a city break, myself and my partner were very excited by all the fantastic reviews on here, and it's safe to say that this hotel lived up to every single one of our expectations.
The rooms were gorgeous, the staff were amazing; nothing was too much trouble! We took advantage of the free breakfast in bed on our last morning and it was lovely. The bar that opens at 5pm made made some of the best cocktails we've ever had, and during the day, there is a free coffee, tea and water service which was a lovely touch.
The battery on our card reader in the door needed changing and the staff were fantastic, because of the small inconvience they upgraded us to another room and couldn't have been mpre apologetic if they tried (even though it wasn't their fault at all!) they even sweetened the deal with giving us some free drinks at the bar!
The hotel was ideally located for seeing all the sights (we did walk most places) and close to some lovely restaurants.
This hotel is hugely deserving of the ratings its recieved; we struggle to see how anyone could have a bad experience!

2 Thank Deya L
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear „Deya L”,

Let me thank you for your praising words and for your generous review left on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was pleased to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you spent an enjoyable citybreak in Budapest.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the battery of the door lock once again; I am glad that my colleagues could solve the problem quickly.
It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again!
Please do not hesitate to contact us should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital.

With kind regards,

Judit Rozsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We spent 2 nights at Palazzo Zichy and it was wonderfull, it's one of the best hotels we stayed in.
Rooms are very very clean, the service is EXCELLENT , the staff working there are very hospitable and kind... WE LOVED IT. everything was just perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear „B S”,

First and foremost let me thank you for taking your time to leave a positive comment about your stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, it was our pleasure to serve you whilst visiting Budapest. I was especially happy that our hotel and the staff could live up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, should your plans bring you back to our beautiful capital!

Jutland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Palazzo Zichy was fantastic. The hotel was spotless, lovely decor, very appealing, and the hotel staff were efficient, friendly and extremely helpful, especially the girls on reception.
The safe in the room is huge and can easily accomodate a full size laptop computer. I had a slight issue with the safe (its electronic), and the receptionist was there literally 2 minutes later sorting it out, on the phone with the technician. It took her a while, and for my inconvenience I was given a free drink in the bar :)
The breakfast buffet catered for ALL tastes.. from breakfast cereals, fresh fruit, salad items, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurts, bread and pastries, fresh juices, bacon, eggs, sausage, vegs etc to champagne.
The fitness room is very small, but the equipment is good quality. Didnt try the sauna but the wellness room looked really good.
We found it easy to walk to most locations from the hotel, again, with helpful tips from the receptionists :) I would definitely stay there again.
We took a travel kettle so we could make coffee in the room, although the hotel provide free coffee and mineral water in the lounge until 5pm every day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear „ishish”,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was happy to see that you liked our rich buffet breakfast as well as the guestroom. I was also delighted to read that you have been pleased with the location of the hotel. Let me thank you again for your kind comment. We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

A very nice new designed hotel. The hotel offer excellent service and everything is almost perfect. Also the rooms were very good designed in a very modern stile. The staffs in the reception were very service-minded and talked very good English.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear „riisandersen”,

First and foremost let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community.
I was happy to see that our hotel and the services provided by our staff met or even exceeded your expectations.
It would be our greatest pleasure to serving you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, please do not hesitate to contact us, should your travel plans bring you back to our capital city!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Fab hotel in a good location. Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful. Very clean comfortable room, huge bed and very nice bathroom with good shower. Good choice of breakfast, with a good variety of hot and cold food options. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear „PaulGHeysham”,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was glad to read that our staff provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay and you liked our location. Your kind comment on our breakfast service is highly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your patronage and I sincerely hope to meet you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future again!

Shropshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

As per the other reviews the Palazzo Zichy is a great hotel in a good location. Could not fault it & would thoroughly recommend. Breakfast is very good - lovely coffee (not the usual stewed rubbish you get in hotels). The all day tea & coffee facility in the bar is also a good idea & a nice touch. Staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Excellent hotel all round and deserves the good reviews.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear „Walkers-Wombourne”,

I am so happy that you have chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy encouraged by the TA travellers and you did not leave our hotel disappointed.
It means a lot for us if we receive such comments, like yours, as it is our greatest goal to keep or even to improve the high standard of our services.
Let me thank you for your kind words and for your patronage. We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel is located not in the save area. There is a darkness around this place.
I have no idea why I have chosen this place, I could stay in the mortuary.
From the 4 star brand hotel in Eastern Europe I would expect more. In my previous stay in Prague I have got a very nice large room.
I do not enjoying drinking coffee or tea downstairs even is it is for free, why? Because I have to go downstairs and I have only time till 5 pm. Under staff Should not be the guys problem , if management like to Save some money than they should find saving somewhere else. This experience is so far the worst from this part of Europe, in my opinion this place has long way to achieve some basic from British Standards.
My advice for you future guest of this place : do not stay There!

Main Disappointments :
First floor ( I requested the hight floor room and I got it on the first).
No welcoming letter.
No complements from the hotel in the room.
No stationary in the room.
No city guide.
No concierge.
No upgrade offered.
Small room for 2 people
Small TV les than 16inch
Not enough English tv. ( except news channels)
No bath, just a shower.
No security on the window ( feel free to jump)
Not working air condition in the room.
No kettle
No tea
No coffee in the room.
No security in the hotel.
No bellboy service.
No room service menu in the room.

Room Tip: I would suggest to stay on the higher floor.