Hotel Palazzo Zichy
  • Room Service
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
5,111 results
All reviewsrussian restaurantsmall squaregreat hotelfree coffeeold palaceminute walknational museumjunior suitereception staffbottled waterquiet neighborhoodlounge areakalvin terbreakfast roomwalk in showerbreakfast was excellentsparkling wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A lovely, quiet, luxurious hotel. Breakfast was excellent and the service and bar were first class. An excellent room with a bathroom as good as I have at home (and that's palatial)
Only criticisms were that when we bought a bus excursion ticket we were not supplied with a map of the stops, and there was no restaurant so we had to eat out every night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear „elwood53”,

Thank you very much for your time to leave a comment to the TripAdvisor travellers about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
We highly appreciate your balanced review and your compliments regarding our staff and the services provided.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do for you!

With kind regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a couple of days. I am very picky when it comes to hotels and i could not pick a single fault, from the staff to the rooms,breakfast the location and the bar, everything was so perfect and made my stay so much above my expectations.
I forgot to bring my european adapter and the girl at reception was so helpful as were all the staff at breakfast and at reception.
Breakfast was the best i have ever had and i looked forward to it more than anything each day!
Thnak you to all the staff at Hotel Palazzo for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear „dono26”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was delighted to read that our breakfast met or even exceeded your expectations. Let me also thank you for your kind words and compliments regarding our staff, it was our pleasure to be at your assistance, even with providing you with an adapter.
Thank you very much for your patronage and I sincerely hope to meet you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the future!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Truly a magnificant place to stay in Budapest. The hotel is beautiful and ultra modern. Location could not be better. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great. Best of all is the price. I would have paid twice as much as I did to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robert B

Dear „Robert B”,

I was sincerely happy to read your kind review about your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy, first and foremost let me thank you for staying with us.
I am also delighted that our entire staff, you have met during your city break, provided an exceptional service and you have spent enjoyable days with us.
Let me thank you recommending us to the travelling community. We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Palazzo Zichy is a sleekly styled hotel with good customer service. I had a room overlooking the atrium, which was fine - probably quieter than a street view and the room was adequately sized, especially for Europe. The bathroom in particular was quite spacious and nicely designed. Everything was very clean, the staff was very nice and helpful, and the included breakfast was ample and varied. The location is a tiny bit off the beaten path, but it's just a pleasant five or ten minute walk to the metro and the main central tourist area. The small square it's on is quiet, which is a good trade-off for having a short walk. And Budapest is a lovely city - walking is the best way to see it!

The only negative is that the quality of the linens was somewhat below what I expect from a hotel labeled "boutique," and the bedding was not exactly luxe: a couple thin pillows and not such a comfortable mattress. Perfectly adequate in the end, but not quite up to the standard I expected given the attention to detail shown in the hotel's design and the attentive staff.

In the end, though, I would absolutely stay at Palazzo Zichy again - it is an attractive hotel with stylish and good-sized rooms and excellent service, and is conveniently located close to many tourist areas and public transportation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Cameron K

Dear „Cameron K”,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to leave a comment about your Budapest stay to the travelling community.
I was glad to read that you had been pleased with our staff as well as with the facilities and the location of our hotel.
However I regret to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations in a certain aspect; thank you very much for sharing your opinion with us regarding our bedding. Please be ensured that your constructive comment has been already forwarded to the management for consideration.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy again, please feel free to contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at Palazzo Zichy for a weekend and it truly made the experience fantastic. Budapest is a wonderful city, and although the weather was not completely OK (rain here and there...), we enjoyed walking around and coming back at the end of every day.

The reservation manager was prompt, corteous and helpful when we emailed to check whether our reservation was OK (had gone through online agent). The reception staff were lovely and attentive. The room was of medium size, but good quality. True, I could have done with another pillow but not really something that would deter me from staying again. Massive shower with hot, powerful flow. Large, lovely towels. The room was well insulated from street noise but unfortunately the gentleman staying next door decided to make some loud phone calls at 1am in the morning. Not the hotel fault, and nothing that may not happen anywhere else. Location is excellent, a great base to potter around the area (it is a bit touristy, though) and immerse in local culture. We were given excellent advice about restaurants and activities, we simply did not have much time to do them all!

We had breakfast room service, lovely coffee, croissants, cold meats, etc. More than enough, really. The main reception also had free coffee, water, intl papers, fast wifi etc.

To sum up, a great stay and surely we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Enrique C

Dear „Enrique C”,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel and for recommending us to the travelling community. We are delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, and our hotel and the service provided by our staff lived up to your expectations.
The entire staff of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!