“Thank you Trip Advisor, you've done it again”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We booked this hotel on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews and were delighted with the choice. OK so the location is not as great as the Four Seasons but value for money it can't be beaten. Our room (318) was at the "back" of the building and I thought it would have a view of the bins, what a nice surprise to see the pretty central area of the building and an attractive walkway. Only downside was that the hotel does not provide any meals other than a very varied and delicious breakfast. We arrived on Sunday evening and, needing a meal, had to head out into the rather dingy streets in search of a restaurant, we discovered later that, had we taken a different route from the hotel, the walk to the main street (only a few minutes away) was much more pleasant. I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear „Auntie_P31”,

I am so glad that you have been happy with your hotel choice based on the previous reviews of the travelling community.
I was also happy to see that you had a pleasant time with us, your kind words and compliments regarding the room and the breakfast are highly appreciated.
Thank you very much again for sharing your experience with the travelling community and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Palazzo Zichy

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My partner and I have just got back from a 3 night stay at the Zichy hotel, which we booked after reading the fantastic reviews and it certainly lived up to our expectations. The hotel staff were the most helpful and polite I have ever come across and could not do enough for you, including arranging tickets for attractions we wanted, explaining how to use the public transport and meeting any room request in record time.

The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and is immaculately clean, decorated with a fresh modern feel, yet keeping done historic features of the building. Our room was not big but the perfect size for what we required, the bed comfortable and the whole room very clean. The safe was easy to use and the mini bar well stocked at a reasonable price.

Breakfast was excellent, there was a huge choice for all tastes and the pastries are better than those I had in Paris! The complimentary tea, coffee and bottled water was a nice touch also. Although the hotel has no restaurant for dinner, the reception staff happily pointed us in the direction of some close by and reasonably priced local restaurants.

If travelling from the airport I recommend that you book a taxi with the hotel, it is at a set reasonable price (approx £22 for collection and £17 return) for a 30 min journey, as the Hungarian public transport is not so easy to navigate.

The location of the hotel is fairly central, with a metro stop and various bus stops within a 5-10 min walk but we found walking to wherever we wanted to go the best way to travel.

I could not all highly enough of this hotel and its only downfall is having no restaurant as I know if it did it would be at as equally a high standard and a pleasure to visit. Overall a fantastic trip to a beautiful city.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear „Krbabl88”,

First of all let me thank you for taking your time to leave a comment on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us and sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was pleased to read that you have recognized our staff”s professionalism and service-minded attitude and they could ease your days in Budapest with useful advices.
I also would like to thank you for your detailed description about our rooms, facilities and complimentary services; these – I am sure – will be very helpful for the travellers considering to visit Budapest and our hotel.
We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!
The entire staff of the Hotel Palazzo Zichy is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent 5 nights in Budapest and were delighted with our choice of hotel. All the staff were welcoming, helpful, friendly, the hotel was spotless, and breakfast offered a fanatastic choice. Reception staff were the best, they even assisted us in securing tickets to Il Divo only 3 days prior to the concert. From the taxi they organised for us to collect us to from the airport to the taxi that booked for our return trip they could not have done more for us. They even booked a restaurant in advance of our arrival for our first night. Hotel is in an excellent location for exploring Budapest and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen W

Dear „Helen W”,

First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy whilst visiting Budapest, I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us!
I was also pleased to see that my colleagues provided you with an excellent service throughout your stay and they could be at your assistance even with concert ticket reservations.
I would like to thank you again for recommending us to the travelling community. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had been on an extended trip through Germany, the Czech Republic, and on to Vienna. Budapest was our final stop. At the suggestion of Trip Advisor reviewers, we booked Palazzo Zichy. We were absolutely delighted with our stay. A beautifully-appointed hotel, the rooms were comfortable and spacious. The ample choices for breakfasts began our days there well-fortified for a day of discovering Budapest. The easy availability of instant Internet service, the quiet, calm bar service at the end of the day were terrific assets.
But I would argue that by far the hotel's best asset is its warm and welcoming staff. We were new to Budapest, and found its tiny, curving streets a little overwhelming. The staff went out of its way to recommend small, quiet dinner suggestions, with authentic food, and within walking distance from the hotel.
We could not ask for a better place to wind up our remarkable journey through Eastern Europe. Thanks!

Room Tip: We had a Junior Suite, and it was more than adequate -- it was luxurious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KittyB41575

Dear „KittyB41575”,

First and foremost let me take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your praising words.
I am delighted that you loved Budapest as well as our hotel, your compliments regarding our staff, our breakfast service and the guestrooms are highly appreciated. I am also glad that you could take advantage of our complimentary internet service.
Let me thank you for your valuable review. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again to our Hotel Palazzo Zichy in the not so distant future.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spend three days in Budapest, staying at the Palazzo Zichy hotel. Beautifully decorated room, excellent buffet breakfast, very helpful staff and very good location near public transportation. Budapest exceeded our expectations, beautiful sites, great 2 hour cruise on the Danube and excellent hungarian restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nacho D

Dear „Nacho D”,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to recommend us to the travelling community.
We highly appreciate your all-embracing positive comment, and I am also glad that you found not only our hotel, but also Budapest fascinating.
Should you visit our beautiful city in the future, we would be happy to welcoming you again!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our first stay in Budapest and we could not have picked a better hotel. Every member of staff goes out of their way to be helpful and accomodating. The rooms are spotless, the beds comfortable and there is more than enough choice at breakfast to please even the fussiest of eaters. The hotel allows guests to stay until 12 noon before checking out and then provide a secure room to deposit luggage until departure, free of charge. This hotel ticked all the right boxes for a great stay in Budapest.

Room Tip: Higher floors are non smoking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear „wilkalukwedding”,

I was delighted to read your kind comment, let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for your first but hopefully not the last Budapest-stay!
I was also glad to see that our staff you encountered, could be at your assistance with any questions and requests, thank you very much for your kind feedback.
Let me also thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to hosting you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palazzo Zichy in November last year.

We decided to spend our 1st wedding anniversary at the hotel. The hotel looked like a luxurious boutique hotel, in an excellent location, and modern too.

From the moment we stepped through the elegant entrance, in to what was originally an Italian Palazzo, we knew that we had made an excellent choice.

The reception, was bright, clean, airy, and the staff could not have been more helpful.

I had emailed in advance that it was our Wedding Anniversary, and had had numerous emails back and forth, as I wanted to arrange a little something extra for our room, and ordered the bottle of wine etc. The reception staff were incredibly diplomatic, and did not mention anything to my husband when we checked in, as he had paid for the accommodation, and I had booked the extra, and paid in advance.

Nothing was too much trouble.

We were shown to our room, which was a gorgeous suite, overlooking the street and the church. It was incredibly romantic. The temperature was minus 4 outside, but inside, the room was nice and toasty, and had all the amenities required.

We walked in to our room, on the right hand side was our fabulous bathroom, which was a wet room, with a wonderful shower, lots of power, and lots of hot water. A gorgeous sink, with luxurious toiletries, a bidet and a toilet.

Bathrobes were included also.

As you came out of the bathroom, in front of you was a huge unit, which housed a double wardrobe, drawers, ironing board, safe etc etc etc.

Behind the Wardrobes was our bed. Which was incredibly comfy.

there was a mini bar, which we often kept sandwiches and things in.

Two HUGE windows with wonderful views.

A desk, which had the gorgeous bottle of fizz, and a wonderful little personal note, saying welcome, and congratulations on our honeymoon.

Once we had settled in to our room, we explored the hotel, there was a lovely spa area in the basement of the hotel. Just next to the restaurant where the breakfast was served.

There was a bar area in the lobby, which served complimentary tea and coffee and soft drinks and nibbles.

A wonderful mezzanine computer area.

Gorgeous gorgeous architecture.

Wonderful selection for breakfast, hot food, cold food, fruit, cereals, lots of bread and pastries.

It was JUST incredible.

The hotel was convenient for the main shopping area, which was just a short walk away, and not far from the wonderful Christmas Market.

We spent most of our time exploring on foot, and were grateful for the little dips in to cafe's for a little defrost and a nice hot drink.

The reception staff helped us to book an afternoon at one of the baths, which was JUST amazing, and should definitely be done.

We could not fault our stay at the wonderful hotel, which was so clean and immaculate, and so friendly. We would have absolutely no hesitation in staying there again, and we hope to return soon.

The best thing was the price, which was incredibly reasonable.

All in all, a wonderful experience from start to finish, with easy transport links.

Thank you!

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite, it's worth every penny.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BecksMcg

Dear „BecksMcg”,

Thank you so much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for celebrating your first wedding anniversary in Budapest. I was especially happy to see that we could be at your assistance to make this special occasion more romantic and unforgettable.
Your all-embracing, praising comment is highly appreciated and we sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you again in the not so distant future!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything we could do for you!