“Nothing fancy”

Ranked #44 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Nothing fancy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Decent rooms, free WiFi in the rooms, free parking during the weekend in front of the hotel.
Breakfast pretty weak for a 4 star hotel, but the price is according to the 4 stars.
Location is good if you want to visit historical sites, but a bit far if you want to go clubbing, or for a walk in the city center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear ‘Atypoli’
First and foremost let me thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide. I do hope we’ll be able to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Norfolk, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I will start off by saying that this has got to be one of the top 5 hotels I have stayed in, and I have stayed in a few!

The hotel itself is a very nice building (it looks just as good as it does in the pictures). We stayed in a superior room which had a lovely balcony, a huge bed, lovely décor and an amazing bathroom. The air conditioning worked very well, and the room was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful.

I would recommend anyone thinking of staying at this hotel to stay here. The location is great, it is located just a short walk from the metro and buda castle.

Staying at the Castle Garden Hotel was a surprise 30th birthday present for me from my partner, we had a very lovely time here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amy1234567975
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear ‘Amy1234567975’
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us about your experiences regarding your recent stay. Your comment, that we are one of the top 5 hotels you have stayed in, is very much appreciated, thank you! I was pleased to read, that you were satisfied with the location of our Hotel and our helpful staff and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your over all stay; it would be a pleasure to welcome you again in our Hotel Castle Garden for your next stay in Budapest. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay here again. The room was clean, the restaurant food and service were excellent. The location cannot be better for exploring the Buda Castle and all the offerings on this side of the city. My daughter and I loved our stay here. The hotel front desk was very helpful and treated us so kindly. We didn't have small children with us, but there were several families staying with small kids. The staff are wonderful with the children and the restaurant patio was great for kids, with a small playground in the enclosed gardens. It was fun to watch the little ones and drink great wine and have a lovely meal. I can hardly wait to go back. Thank you Hotel Castle Garden.

Room Tip: We didn't sue the swim pool or fitness centre. We booked online the day before arrival and got...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘Angela W’,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read, that we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel Castle Garden. On behalf of our whole team, thank you for your kind words regarding our services and hospitality. We would really appreciate to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our Hotel Castle Garden soon.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This cozy hotel locate right at the door of castle hills. Steps away from shops, bus and restaurants. What impress me most is the service. The girls at front desk are very helpful.

I had a good time in Budapest and the choice of hotel is the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear ‘Lulu_mango’,
Thank you very much for staying with us on your last trip to Budapest, I am grateful for the lovely feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us! As we always strive to make every guest feel welcome, we are very happy we managed to do so during your stay with us; we all hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in our lovely Budapest.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in mid-June and had a wonderful time! Perfect location near the castle, and within five minutes of a metro station that takes you all over the city. Staff was pleasant, helpful and always courteous. Nice, clean rooms at reasonable cost. Highly recommend it, and will stay again next time we travel to Budapest.

Dear ‘Travelou42’,
First of all let me thank your for your TripAdvisor review about your stay in Hotel Castle Garden. I really appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly, always helpful staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Thank you very much again for staying with us and for your positive feedback which is much appreciated and we are all looking forward to welcome you soon back.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Hotel Castle Garden is situated on the Buda side of Budapest,but this has the advantage that it is much more peaceful than those situated in Pest.There is a bus stop outside the hotel,and a short walk down the hill is a Metro station (can feel like a long walk up the hill on return,if you have been walking to sightsee). Most days we actually walked into the city via the castle area,down a hill and then across the bridge (15 mins).
Room was clean,spacious and when booking given a choice of twin beds or a double bed,chose double ,which was very comfortable.Did not eat breakfast there but had one meal in the evening which was delicious and good value. Complimentary drinks in reception 11.00-17.00) are a nice touch. Talking of drinks if you are a standard tea drinker take your own tea bags,as only had a variety of tea bags ranging from herbal to caramel (was nice to experiment),but no Ceylon/Indian.
In conclusion would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Budapest.

Room Tip: We stayed in room floor up from reception which is probably better than those below from point of vi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TamasLenky, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear ‘vcollins’,
We truly thank you for your time and effort to share your detailed feedback with other readers. I am pleased to read your all-embracing positive comment, your kind words and compliments are greatly appreciated. We are lucky to have a good location near to the castle district, so as you said getting aroud with public transportation means never a problem. Regarding the coffee corner let me thank you for your tip, we will concider to widen our selection of teas. I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We chose the hotel for our wedding anniversary stay in Budapest.
We were extremly happy with the hotel.
The reception staff were very helpful, nothing was too much truble.
The hotel was very clean, good location too.
Would highly recommend.

Dear ‘EWA S’,
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences wth the traveller community on TripAdvisor. It’s always great to hear that our team created a lasting impression to a valued guest. We highly appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay in our Hotel and hope to meet you again in the near future!