“Super hotel, nice city”

Hotel Castle Garden
Ranked #36 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel is located at the ancient center of the city, at the Buda Castle. Nice new hotel, the location is super, the metro and the buses are only 3 minutes on foot. The staf is very friendly and extremely helpful, they were ready to recommend good programs (the hopon-hopoff tour includes a lot of services for free - highly recommended!), the room was spotlessly clean, the breakfast is also OK. We tried the restaurant of the hotel called Riso once, the dishes were nice and delicious, and the atmosphere of the restaurant is also unique. The small wellness area were good to relax after the sight seeing tour. The only problem was that we could spent here only 2 nights... but we are panning to return in the winter season when it will be some good promotion with free spa tickets - as we were informed by the reception.

Room Tip: Superior rooms with terrace
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GezaF, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Aron J!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with the travellers on the Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that the staff provided excellent service and we could give some good option to spend your time in Budapest. We do hope we can welcome you back during winter time when you can experience a special atmosphere of any of our traditional thermal spas in Budapest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I spent 3 nights in this lovely hotel. The hotel located close to the castle district, which is a calm and quiet area. All kind of public transportation were easy to reach (metro and tram 5-10 minutes by walk).

Our room was spacious and very clean, the bed was very comfortable. We booked a superior room, and as we had anniversary we got the Panorama room, which has an amazing view to the Buda side of the city.

The reception staff was extremely helpful and polite. They arranged us the taxi transfer from the airport to the hotel and gave us a lot of useful information about Budapest. They even assisted us in securing tickets to the Gellért Bath.

The Riso Restaurant of the hotel serves very good foods and has a nice atmosphere. They gave us 15 % discount as we were hotel guests. The breakfast selection was also fabolous.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GezaF, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Freja B!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share you feedback with us. We are pleased to be part of your wedding anniversary and we are glad to provide unforgettable moments to this special day. Let me thank you again for your all-embracing positive comment and for recommending! We truly hope you will celebrate the next year in our hotel, as well!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We enjoyed the nice clean modern rooms but my sister's AC didn't work. They claimed they fixed it but really didn't. The room was hot but she couldn't open the window because our rooms were right over the main entrance where people came in and out and hung our smoking. Then on Friday night the noise started from a bar or club somewhere across the street. Whammo! It ended at midnight luckily. I would definitely ask for a room in the back of the hotel. The restaurant was fabulous although the free breakfast was average. Typical for what you get with these inclusive deals.

• Stayed: October 2012
GezaF, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear dolceandsandy!

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen us for your recent stay in Budapest. I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced regarding the cooling of your room. Since the cold weather season has already begun, thus our general heating system has been installed. The location is normally quiet relatively comparing to other street nearby. I truly sorry that this issue made your last night disturbed. We do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future and to have the chance to prove the level of services your are expecting!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

A few weeks ago my husband and I decided to stay a long weekend in Budapest. Our relatives recommended us Hotel Castle Garden, because they really enjoyed their stay here some years ago. It was not only a small, friendly hotel, it exceeded all of our expectations.
The atmosphere captivates you immediately and the hotel is like a small casket. We liked the inside of the hotel very much, the room was large, clean and our bed was comfortable for sleep. My favourite was the large bathroom, it was so neat.
The staff was really helpful and hospitable. We had a lot of questions about the city and they were patient and very kind. We got useful advices, what to see and what to do. We used the public transportation and so it is easy to reach everything.
We loved the long walks in the castle district, and the spectacular view to the Pest side and the river Danube.
I highly recommend this hotel and I hope, that we will return soon.

Vanessa Romer

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking to the castle walls are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Vaness R!

Let me thank you for your nice title and for sharing your experience with the travelling community about your recent stay at our Hotel
I was glad to see that our staff provided an exceptional service throughout your stay and you had been pleased with our rooms. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can do anything for you!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 8 month old baby for a weekend prior to travelling to a work conference in Tata, Hungary. I wanted somewhere comfortable, close to main sights and not overly expensive. I chose this hotel because of the great reviews it had - and it actually exceeded all my expectations. For a start, it was very warm in the room (heating on all the time - but with the possibility of opening windows or turning on air conditioning), which was very important for the baby, the bathroom was spacious and stylish and the room was clean and very comfortable. The baby's cot and bedding was very clean too (not something I take for granted anymore after staying in a couple of more expensive hotels in Hungary where the baby's bedding stank of urine!). The location was perfect because my husband could go for walks with the baby in the pretty surroundings of the hotel, while I was able to do my work (the wi-fi in the room and restaurant was very good for that too). With the limited time I had because of my work, it was nice that I could step out for short walks to see the spectacular nearby views of Budapest. The best bit, however, was the restaurant. After eating some awful food in a nearby restaurant, my husband and I ended up eating at the hotel restaurant for all our meals because it was so good!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Olivia O!

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We take great pride in that the majority of our guests leave refreshed and renewed. It is our commitment to our guests that they will be 100% satisfied. We are family friendly hotel, thus it is important to provide a quality service to our baby guests, as well! Thank you for choosing Hotel Castle Garden. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Myself, husband and 5 friend have just returned from Budapest where we stayed in the Hotel Castle Garden for 4 nights. We arrived at the hotel after midnight due to our flight time. We received a very warm and welcome hello from the receiptionist and it was straight to bed. Very comfy beds in what was a spotless room. In the morning we welcomed in the sun onto our balcony, a lovely addition to the room if you can get one.
The restaurant served up the most delicious food at a very reasonable price --the pasta carbonara was particularly good. Waiters were very friendly and attentive.
The hotel is ideally situated just yard from the Catle wall, once inside it was magical - the views accross Budapest were breathtaking. Transport systems were exellent and we crossed over into the Pest side for some retail therapy.
A visit to the Parliament is a must as well as a trip down the danube. The Gelert baths were also a lovely experience. All in all we had a great time and Budapest has definately carved a way into our hearts.

Room Tip: We were in room 303 which had a delightful balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen V
GezaF, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Karen!

I am delighted to read your comment made about your recent staying with us. It was our pleasure to be at your service making such a positive experience of your staying. We truly hope we can welcome you back as a returning guests in our hotel. Please feel free to contact to us if you need anything!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My houseband and I stayed here for 2 nights last year, and 1 night this autumn. Since we are not just going for the sightseeing ( my houseband is from Budapest ) we appreciate the location close to the castle area, and also a short walk to trams and busses. We where upgraded to the Panorama room, with own terrace and excellent view over Budapest. The service at the front desk is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
GezaF, Manager at Hotel Castle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Linda D!

Thank you for your nice review about your staying in Hotel Castle Garden. We truly happy that our services have met with your expectation and even you have been upgraded to the Panorama room. We hope you will stay with us this year, as well!