My parents (not the most technical astute) stayed in room 307 for 9 nights in October 2011 on my recommendation. This will be there review in my words. I have lived in Budapest for many years and the Hotel CG caught my eye as it was being built in my neighborhood just outside of the Castle District wall. They liked everything about the hotel, and want to stay here again when in town next. I spent time in their room, ate in the restaurant, spoke with the staff, etc. - and was pleased as well. As usual, The Good, The OK, and The Bad.
- The property. The hotel was more of a boutique size that delivered a bit of personal service.
- The room. The corner room was on the side away from the castle with a nice-sized balcony. The room was decent size (not huge), with a comfortable queen bed, good closet and shelf space, a refrigerator, tea making supplies, small desk, etc. Everything my parents needed including a comfortable arm chair and lamp where my Mother could read each night.
- The balcony. Why they did not use it a ton (it was a bit cool) they enjoyed the opportunity for fresh air and the 3-sides (no roof) made it private which they liked.
- Bathroom. Quite large for the room size. Bath/shower combo, heated towel rack, clean. Well done.
- The neighborhood. Literally a 2 minute walk to be inside the castle district, and there are multiple solid restaurants within a 10 minute walk, including a major mall (Mammut). A couple of days they took the tram or metro from Moskva ter and were there within a <10 minute walk. They enjoyed quiet walks in the castle most nights, which was one of the primary reasons I had them stay there. They continue to talk about the views, quiet streets, etc. (and they have visited Budapest many times).
- The restaurant. I ate breakfast a couple of mornings and liked the selection of cereals, eggs, warm meat, cold meats, yogurt, fruits, bread, etc. A bit of everything that will satisfy most tastes. One afternoon, we needed a snack and sat in the restaurant and had some bableves (bean soup). As a local, I know my bean soup - and their offering was solid and a good value. The service was also nice.
- The Manager Tamas. He sent a personal response to my initial room request and ensured my parents were delighted with their stay. I saw Tamas working in the hotel (even cleaning the coffee machine) most times I was in the hotel. His personal attention to the property is definitely paying off.
- I had to pull something out of my parents, as they really enjoyed the property. The only item they mentioned was the cleaning cart was out in front of the stairs on most days. It did not bother them or block their way, but they thought it might be better if it was stored when not in use.
- Nothing. And nothing close.
They want to come back here, because the property was quiet, the bed was comfortable and the service was pleasant. I want to thank Tamas for helping me arrange their stay and taking interest in their stay. Thank you.
There is a reason this property receives good reviews. Hopefully, I've helped give some insights as to why. Enjoy Budapest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star hotel Castle Garden is located in the first district of Budapest, at the famous tourist attractions of Buda Castle which is the part of the UNESCO world heritage. The newly-built hotel provides cosy and stylish rooms, a uniquely styled restaurant with garden, a lobby bar and a small wellness centre, which makes it an ideal venue both for tourists and corporate guests. The location of the hotel guarantees a quiet place where tourists can enjoy the vicinity of nature in the heart of a teeming city.The airconditioned hotel rooms offer free of charge wifi and LAN Internet, LCD TV, phone, laptop safe, minibar, free tea consumption. The superior rooms has a large terrace too. The hotel guests get 15% discount in the hotel's Riso restaurant.The guest can consume free of charge coffee specialities, tea, mineral water, soft drinks and fruits in the lobby between 11 am and 5 pm. The nice hotel was also recommended by the famous Michelin guide in 2012, 2011 and 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Castle Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Garden Hotel