“Small place, delicious food!”
Review of Delhi Darbar

Delhi Darbar
Ranked #1,105 of 3,108 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
“Small place, delicious food!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I try not to give 5 stars freely, so please keep that in mind.

Myself and a coworker were heading somewhere else for dinner, but while walking by had a sudden impulse to have Indian food. We were quite happy with our decision!

If/when I return to Budapest I am likely to eat here again.

• Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Why is this place so quiet ?”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went there today for lunch and was the only customer. With dedicated service I have no complains on the delivery. Ordered my usual veg dishes and nan breads. Arrived quickly and hot. Great taste, good spicing good portions, good price. No complaints - just can not understand why I did not have more company.

• Visited October 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“Average”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Following tripadvisor advice, my girlfriend and I ended up in this restaurant on a Monday night. It was empty, only one other couple was there.

The only people working there that we saw were Hungarian... The decoration was a strange mix of Hungarian and Indian, but we didn't come to it for that so it was okay. All we were interested in was Indian food at a good price...

My girlfriend ordered a veggie dish, with tofu and spices that was really good at a good price.

I ordered a more expensive dish, made of lamb marinated with mint, coriander and various spices... At least that is what it was supposed to be on the menu! I received several pieces of red meat that was sausgage tasting, everything but lamb and the spices it said on the menu. I asked the waiter if it was really the dish I ordered and unfortunately it was... Eatable, but not Indian at all and I doubt it was lamb either...

The waiter was not nice, he seemed bored to still have to work because of us.

To summay: You should probably avoid this restaurant unless you order something veggie or you dont mind surprises

• Visited August 2012
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Meal”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

very nice indian resteraunt, ordered our meal that was delicious and we all enjoyed this, took a while to come but the staff was all pleasent and fit

• Visited July 2012
Moscow, Russia
“what a find!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Went there twice for lunch... both times it was after rush hour (if there was one) because each time we were there it was super quiet. But, the food was great! The service was fine and I would go back.

Visited June 2012