“Great base to stay”

Hotel Regnum Residence
Ranked #81 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
“Great base to stay”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed very recently at this hotel. Travelling as a family (couple and 16yr old) can be tricky when it comes to accommodation but we chose this hotel because of existing reviews relating to larger rooms and were not disappointed. We had a modern, functional and spacious room with a lounge area which had a double sofabed and seating area, which also had plenty of storage. Although the bathroom was small, the loo was separate, again useful for a family. Complimentary water was replaced daily in the little fridge (although we realised that this was not on when the keycard was not functional - so no use for keeping anything cold) The cleanliness of our room, bathroom and throughout the hotel was faultless. We like a little more choice for breakfast than was on offer but would rate it as adequate or 4 days. Reception staff were friendly, helpful and very polite at all times, we really didn't see many other members of staff, so couldn't comment. It was a quiet hotel in the business area therefore not too much in the way of bars or restaurants close by but the location is fabulous as a base, just 10 minutes walk to the Metro or buses at Batthyany Ter, a 20 minute walk to the Chain Bridge and Funicular to Buda and a 10 minute walk to Margaret Bridge. We would recommend it as a city break hotel in the beautiful city of Budapest.

Room Tip: The room described was 310
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Julia C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My suite was a large double room with two single beds, thoughtfully partitioned from each other, with a separate bathroom (toilet and shower). The suite was modern, very nicely decorated and appointed, and the bathroom was superb. There was a balcony which was great for sitting out on in the evenings, even though my stay was in February. Everything was absolutely spotless. The suite was cleaned and replenished every day, with lovely fresh towels and bedding, shampoo and body lotion and so on. The TV reception was fine and a friend who has a smart phone and who stayed with me for the first two nights told me the wifi worked perfectly well. Breakfast each day was a hot and cold buffet, and I liked the scrambled eggs with chopped ham, and fresh crusty bread. I had lunch one day at the hotel, which was also wholesome and tasty. The location is close to the Danube and within pleasant walking distance of most of Budapest´s greatest attractions, such as the Royal Palace Museum. For a four star hotel, everything was great value. But the best thing of all was the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, which really stood out. Lovely smiles, old fashioned courtesy at all times and excellent English, for the benefit of the monolingual British visitor......I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Budapest. Perhaps the hot choices at breakfast could have been a little wider, but I feel like I´m nitpicking.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a balcony :-)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank ecowarrior750
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed in a suite which was very well appointed, modern and large. The staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good with a selection of hot/cold food. The room was cleaned and replenished daily, room service was good and the hotel bar was reasonable. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brawnypompano
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a great choice for a visit to Budapest. Very good accommodations, very friendly and helpful staff and great value. The rooms are very large and well appointed, but there are lots of little extras here that are so often missing in other hotels - a huge amount of storage, full length mirror, rooms cleaned and replenished every day ( even the free water in the fridge). A couple of things let the room down a little (TV reception and WiFi signal is patchy)- but these really are small things, and certainly wouldn't prevent me staying here again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank djdpearson
Emese T, Director of Sales at Hotel Regnum Residence, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed all our hotel has to offer.

Your comments about the "little extras" in the room are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Regnum Residence****. It would be my pleasure to taking care of your future reservations, therefore do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely Yours,

Sticklepath, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Large rooms with seperate sitting room, bathroom, toilet and bedroom. Tv only in sitting room. Room 305 was very quiet, windows could be opened, if required. Wifi a bit patchy in places. Breakfast ok with hot and cold choices. Would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GFM_59
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us great feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with the room size and the facilities we could offer in the room.

Please rest assured that I have discussed your feedback with our management team and appropriate action will been taken to remedy these shortcomings.

Best regards,

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife, 2 year old son and me stayed here for two nights. It is really an amazing hotel. The staff is very nice, the breakfast is diverse enough and the rooms are large and very modern. By far one of the most comfortable beds I have ever enjoyed in a hotel.

The location is also excellent for a family visit in a very quiet and nice area just perfect for an evening stroll and in a walking distance to Buda's castle and very well conected to almost all areas with Tram, Metro and buses.

15m from the hotel is a Turkish bath which I haven't had time to try, but you have to leave something for the next time :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vladimir L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed all our hotel has to offer,
especially the room, the bed and the location.

Your comments on regards of our friendly and helpful staff are highly appreciated and extremely encouraging.

We look forward to welcoming you back to have a chance to visit Király Bath, as well!
Do not hesitate to contact us directly for your future stay!

Sincerely Yours,

barcelona
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I'm very happy to have choosen this hotel. Excelent room service, all very clean and enjoyable workers. I want to make a special mention to recepction and it's recepcionists,so kind and so effectives! I love it and I highly recommend because I travelled a lot around Europe and I never had been so comfortable than in this hotel.

So enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank pope24
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Regnum team I would like to thank you for your kind comments and for having chosen to spend with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Regnum Residence****.
For further reservation do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Yours Sincerely,