“Wonderful hosts”

Happy Hostel-Happyflat
Ranked #235 of 674 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My sister and I had a three night stay. We had booked into the Happy Hostel, but my sister had not returned emails and so I do not think they were definitely sure we were arriving, so there was no room at the hostel but they had secured a small studio flat for us a few streets away. This was very late at night. I was terribly disappointed as I had had money stolen on the flight and felt I needed the security of the hostel premises, and initially felt vulnerable without this. However, Sylvester and Csaba were so good in trying to make us feel welcome and safe, and actually after a good night sleep it was fine. The studio was central, Csaba visited us first thing in the morning to make sure we were ok, and gave us a lot of time in sorting out what to do and see etc, and thev staff were always available to us. I would definitely not hesitate in staying at the Happy Hostel. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We booked a taxi ride from the airport to this hostel and that was a great idea since we got a flat rate and the minute we arrived the staff greeted us, helped us carry bags and brought us to the room. The woman on staff was so friendly and gave us a map with some clubs, restaurants, main sights and other attractions that we should see, as well as helped us with any questions we had (such as which metro takes us to the train station, where the nearest grocery store is, etc). They also gave us some complimentary cards for free beers at a nearby restaurant! The location of the hostel is great and the room itself was very clean and spacious (we booked it private for 3 people yet they gave a room big enough to host 8 for the 3 of us!). The only complaint would be that the shower had some rust to it (but the water pressure was good and warm!) and we had this rickety spiral staircase in our room that was sort of unnerving but my travel mates and I got a good laugh out of it. Overall, I would stay here again and it was great value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed in one of the appartments for 2 nights and it exceeded our expectations.Clean with all you need and close to everything.Really easy to reach by public transportation from the airport and everything you need is around (supermarket,bars,cafes,restaurants,etc.)Fabian took really good care of us and gave us lots of useful information about the city.We would def go back in the future and of course i recommend it!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very, very central location - felt safe - was not disturbed by any noise in the surrounding rooms - very clean - everything included that we could possibly need. Would stay there again and recommend it to anyone. I was travelling with a group of 4 girls however I would even find it suitable to bring my children there. Csaba (owner/manager) was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I would recommend Happy Hostel to any of my friends visiting Budapest! The hostel is very well situated, and the low price of the spacious accomodations make it a very good deal! We booked a twin room and found ourselves given a studio with kitchen and sitting area. The building has a nice inside court in which you can smoke. On the first night, the manager came by us to check up on everything and give us our Budapest 101! Very kind and devoted staff! I would definetly come back again if in Budapest!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the Happy Flat in march 2012 and it was amazing. We were a group of 12 girls and arrived in the evening. The owner (or a friend) was waiting for us and showed us around. When we first arrived we noticed we did not get the apartment we originally booked, though that one was trashed by the group before us. So not something Csaba (the owner) could foresee. The apartment we now could stay in was slightly smaller but even as cosy! We even got some discount for the inconvenience for the smaller apartment. Great service!

We asked numerous questions about Budapest and all were answered in a pleasant way. The owner was so generous!!

The whole apartment was very clean and linen and towels were provided for each of us. There is a supermarket within 5 minutes walking distance, a subway is close, the river Danube is close, shops are close, what else do you need? And if so, I am sure Csabe will go each way for you. If you are looking for a great apartment in Budapest, you now found it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marleen D
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed in one of the apartments here for 2 nights and absolutely loved it. We had a lovely big apartment which was well furnished and very warm, despite the freezing temperatures outside. The owner, Csaba, went out of his way to be helpful and gave us numerous tips on places to go - all of which were excellent recommendations. The hostel/apartments are very central - only about a 5 minute walk from the Danube and about one minute from the nearest Metro Station. There is also a little supermarket nearby which is helpful if you intend to cook at home. We cannot recommend HappyFlat enough. It's amazing!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple