“Surprisingly pleased”

Happy Hostel-Happyflat
Ranked #238 of 677 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very, very central location - felt safe - was not disturbed by any noise in the surrounding rooms - very clean - everything included that we could possibly need. Would stay there again and recommend it to anyone. I was travelling with a group of 4 girls however I would even find it suitable to bring my children there. Csaba (owner/manager) was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I would recommend Happy Hostel to any of my friends visiting Budapest! The hostel is very well situated, and the low price of the spacious accomodations make it a very good deal! We booked a twin room and found ourselves given a studio with kitchen and sitting area. The building has a nice inside court in which you can smoke. On the first night, the manager came by us to check up on everything and give us our Budapest 101! Very kind and devoted staff! I would definetly come back again if in Budapest!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the Happy Flat in march 2012 and it was amazing. We were a group of 12 girls and arrived in the evening. The owner (or a friend) was waiting for us and showed us around. When we first arrived we noticed we did not get the apartment we originally booked, though that one was trashed by the group before us. So not something Csaba (the owner) could foresee. The apartment we now could stay in was slightly smaller but even as cosy! We even got some discount for the inconvenience for the smaller apartment. Great service!

We asked numerous questions about Budapest and all were answered in a pleasant way. The owner was so generous!!

The whole apartment was very clean and linen and towels were provided for each of us. There is a supermarket within 5 minutes walking distance, a subway is close, the river Danube is close, shops are close, what else do you need? And if so, I am sure Csabe will go each way for you. If you are looking for a great apartment in Budapest, you now found it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marleen D
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed in one of the apartments here for 2 nights and absolutely loved it. We had a lovely big apartment which was well furnished and very warm, despite the freezing temperatures outside. The owner, Csaba, went out of his way to be helpful and gave us numerous tips on places to go - all of which were excellent recommendations. The hostel/apartments are very central - only about a 5 minute walk from the Danube and about one minute from the nearest Metro Station. There is also a little supermarket nearby which is helpful if you intend to cook at home. We cannot recommend HappyFlat enough. It's amazing!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great location, the appartment was very nice, clean and well furnished. The owner Csaba was very friendly and helpful. He gave us maps of the city and many tips where to go and what to see. Next time Thanks Csaba!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Radim H
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I book a room for 3 days in September 2012 at Happy Hostel Budapest. I did it in June 2012. Today I received email from Happy Hostel's Csaba Fabian with request to cancel my reservation.
I was upset because my family travel plan was broken. However I cancel my order. And I warned Happy Hostel I will post negative feedbacks on tourism websites. Then I received another email from Csaba Fabian - no real explainations but sacrasmic wishes & some kind of xenophobic text (I am russian). I'm displeased.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vldmrkkrz
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in July 2012 and it was fantastic - everything said in all the other reviews here and I think on hostelbookers was right. The manager, Csaba, emailed me before we arrived asking us how we were arriving in Budapest and at what time and gave us the exact directions. We found the street okay but couldn't quite find the number, but Csaba actually met us on the street and recognized me from my photo on gmail when I had emailed him back earlier in the week. It was an impressive start and it only got better. We were upgraded to a flat rather than a room and were centrally located with all the best bars a short walk or even shorter metro ride away, not to mention restaurants and attractions. Csaba went out of his way in the first 45 minutes to make us feel welcome, carrying my bag to the flat (located just a short distance from the hostel), and then sitting us down with a map and circling all the best places to go in the day and night. His recommendations were top notch - we visited almost everything he recommended. The only thing he recommended that we didn't find great was the flea market, but everything else was way above expectations. It is just what you need when visiting a place. The flat itself was clean. The shower was a bit dodgy, which Csaba acknowledged, but the rest was great. We felt very secure and there was very speedy wifi. Csaba knows exactly what transports are looking for when they stay somewhere and he goes out of his way to supply it. I would not stay anywhere else in Budapest - his helpfulness and advice really made the experience for us and we can't wait to get back to Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2012