My sister and I stayed at the Gerloczy for our first trip to Budapest, and it was a perfect visit. I loved the ornate but simple decor in the room -- it made me feel very chic. The staff was very prompt, friendly, and helpful when we had a minor lighting glitch in the room our first night. As we headed down to the cafe jet-lagged after our flight, the front-desk clerk made sure we got a table right away. The cafe ambiance was lovely -- twinkly lights overhead, seaside images projected on a wall next-door, and a relaxed French vibe. Breakfast was included in our room charge, and it was delicious -- the Hungarian omelette, the smoothies, and the fresh green apple juice were a great start to our days out sightseeing. And the location was perfect -- very close to museums and touristy areas, but quiet and low-key.
When I go back to Budapest, I'll definitely stay here -- and book far enough in advance to be able to get a room with a balcony!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GERLÓCZY: CAFÉ WITH ROOMS. There are 19 rooms above the café awaiting travellers seeking the authentic Gerlóczy feeling, including 15 standard rooms, two of which have balconies and four of which are attic rooms with exposed wooden beams. Rich interiors oozing turn-of-the-century atmosphere with modern touches. If you stay here, you'll be part of the vibrant life of a downtown café. Café Gerlóczy was chosen "The Best Café" in Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HRS, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Gerloczy Rooms de Lux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Hotel Budapest
- Gerloczy Rooms De Lux Budapest