BudaBaB
$252
$200
$166
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswonderful hostsr rb bvibrant cityspent a weekwonderful staymetro stationapartmentpestaccommodationsprivacyratessightsoperabuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a wonderful trip to Budapest, and a large part is credited to our stay at BudaBaB. Stayed with my 2 adult daughters in the large bedroom. Excellent hosts, which made it so easy to navigate our stay in Budapest. Starting with our first walk and dinner, Ryan and Ron provided suggestions about where to go, how to get there, what route to take. Each morning as they asked, "so what are your plans today" I knew we would get excellent suggestions about great places to eat, nearby sites to include, advice on buying tickets on line. They had a wealth of information -- like having tour guides, yet enabling us to wander around the cities independently. Apartment was convenient to the Jewish quarter, metro, buses, beer "ruin pubs". I highly recommend BudaBab.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you, jsfran, so much for your great review. We two here were dazzled by you three wonderful and vibrant guests. Your evening tales alone made us see a different aspect of our city. And, wow, you were busy bees all the day long! We were pleased to have you as our guests. We wish you "Happy Trails" as you journey onward.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

A fantastic find in a great location with wonderful hosts. BudaBaB is a comfortable and welcoming space. The location is great and super close to the metro and trams. Some very good restaurants just around the corner that I frequented more than once during my visit. Ron and Ryan did take great care of my needs and were very friendly and hospitable. The room was comfortable and had a nice balcony to see the down the bustling street. The bathroom had a great shower to enjoy after a long day sightseeing. I highly recommend BubaBaB as a true Budapest experience versus any chain hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnClarinet
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Ah JClarinet, you are the man! Your positive vibes in the review remind us how your stay with us was also so positive. Thanks heaps! It was great to have you. Keep on truckin' and tootin'! Enjoy the summer.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had a great stay with Ryan and Ron. They are very knowledgeable about Budapest, its sights, its haunts and its lesser-known spots. They are also welcoming hosts and made me feel at home in their place. The apartment is very nice and gives the traveller a view into what a typical Budapest building of that era looks like – something you’ll never get with a hotel!

The apartment is conveniently located – very short walk to the metro or to trams, and a short walk from the restaurants and cafes of Ferenc Liszt Tér, as well as many of the ruin pubs. For those looking to see any of the Jewish Quarter, this place is a very short walk from everything.

The only downside: the apartment is on a popular nightlife street and there was a decent amount of street noise at night. This is probably more of a problem in hot weather when keeping the windows open seems a good idea. If the windows and shutters are closed, the noise vanishes. So, in hot weather, bring earplugs. But this was a minor concern that paled in comparison to all the positives.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thanks very much, Ian, for your generous review. We enjoyed your time with us, and the sharing of your experiences here. Our proximity to so much history is a true bonus. You also reminded us of time spent in your great City by the Bay!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three days and had a wonderful experience. Ron was truly a perfect host. He and Ryan were great and made sure we had everything we needed. Ron sat down with us every morning and helped us map out our day, giving us great insight along the way. Then, at night, he and Ryan were always so kind and wanted to know how our day was. It was our first time in Budapest and they helped make it great. Great tips and recommended restaurants. It's in a nice location and only a block from the metro. It's also close to a number of great places to eat.

The place was truly great. Don't worry about staying in their "home," as they make it feel like home to you as well. If anything, you know they take wonderful care of it! We had the large room, and it was fantastic. Very big and very clean. Don't worry about sharing the bathroom either. We were there with Ron and Ryan and another couple girls and we never had a problem with the bathroom. Anytime we needed it, it was open. (If you stay in the large room, it's exclusively yours at night, as the other guests and Ron and Ryan use the hall bath).

The guys went out of their way to make us feel at home and feel special. I would not stay anywhere else in Budapest. I cannot sing their praises enough. If you're in Budapest, you need to trust me and stay here. I promise you won't regret it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear dgray2001, what a generous review! You gave us a delicious taste of true Southern graciousness, for which we are very grateful. Your daily sharing of your unique takes about Budapest were always interesting for us. We benefit from guest feedback like yours. So thank you very much for your kind words. We hope all your future adventures are full of daily surprises. Happy trails to you!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was a bit anxious about sharing someone's home, as I am used to renting apartments and/or staying at hotels when I travel. After staying at Ron and Ryans' wonderful place for two nights, I am kicking myself for not trying similar arrangements like this previously. Having said that, however, it is extremely unlikely that I, or you, would be fortunate enough to find such gracious, intelligent and interesting hosts elsewhere.

The location is great. On this, my first but certainly not last visit to Budapest, I was very taken by the neighborhood (and the city as a whole) and didn't realize and appreciate at first what a perfect location it is for exploring the city and seeing all of the sites visitors will want to see. The cost was literally a fraction of what I would have paid at a hotel, and I would never have had the pleasure of meeting Ryan and Ron.

While I am not a big breakfast eater, the food and coffee were great and I very much enjoyed the conversation with both hosts and the visitors staying in the other available room. Planning what to do and see, discussing the previous day, comparing notes and getting Ryan and Rons' advice was a perfect start to each day.

My room was very comfortable. The shower was glorious and the shared aspect of it proved to be no problem at all, especially since I had my own separate half-bath (sink and toilet), so I really only needed that bathroom for a daily shower.

I know it will seem a bit trite but this stay is what I will remember most about my visit to this energetic and beautiful city. It is rare, if not unique in my travels, that I can honestly say that.

Thanks, Ryan and Ron. I heartily recommend a visit with them to enhance your stay in Budapest, and to free up some extra cash for all this vibrant city has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John S
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Wowee, PeripaticJohnR! Great to hear from you... and thanks heaps for your gracious feedback. We certainly enjoyed sharing travel adventures with you as well. Here's hoping your Scottish "peripateting" has gone well, and that you're safely on your way to many more days of good vibrations with Mother Earth and her earthlings. Happy Trails!