“A wonderful stay”
Review of BudaBaB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Budapest
BudaBaB
Ranked #19 of 193 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I found this place on Frommers and it was the highest rated B&B. It is a private three bedroom apartment owned by two university professors who are great hosts and American expatriates.
We booked the large master bedroom which has its own renovated bathroom and shower. The owners are very proud of their place and most eager to please.
The apartment is ideally located, less than two blocks from the Metro, trams and buses to the Castle District, the Danube, and within walking distance to the old Jewish Quarter.
This place is a find. You can email Ryan or Ron at www.budabab.com. They will respond within 24 hours.

Room Tip: Best deal and a great B&B
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank regobob
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Hey, a huge thank you to you, regobob, for your heartwarming review. We truly enjoyed you three 'ex-pat New Yawkers' (now Floridians)! Every day was a kick having you here... your stories and warm humor delighted us. We hope you can return some day and check out more of the glories of Budapest.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights with a few friends at Budabab, and I have to say it was definitely one of the nicest hotels/hostels where I've been. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, with an awesome shower (very important!), towels being provided, a hairdryer (also very important), and everything being superb decorated. Next to that the hosts, Ron and Ryan, are really nice and know a lot about the place. We were lucky enough to arrive just on a national festivities day, with Ron & Ryan advising us a festival in Buda which was one of the best things we've done there. We also got a nice breakfast every morning with bread, tea, croissants, and even some local snacks. There's a metro station very close by, with the public transport system being quite good in Budapest, so that'll basically bring you anywhere. And yes, it might be a bit noisy at night, but there's an extra "wooden window shield" (sort of) which keeps a lot of the noise out, and with a pair of earplugs even I was completely fine (and normally I'm a horrible sleeper).
So, I'd definitely recommend Budabab! Nice clean rooms and amazing hosts, for I really small price, I think.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Evelien A
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. You and your friends were delightful guests, so appreciative of our efforts to make your visit enjoyable. We hope you and others from the great nation of The Nederlands will come to visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My mother, her friend and I spent 4 days in Budapest. Ron and Ryan are *super hosts*. They are kind, considerate and helpful. They gave us tips about places to see, best local restaurants to eat in, transportation to use, etc. We were also happy with our accommodations. Everything was fresh and clean. Breakfast every morning was tasty and filling. The entire apartment (incl. kitchen, bathrooms, etc) was very well taken care of, furnished with taste and clean. The location of BudaBab is excellent. You can find anything you want within a few blocks from this place.

Thank you, Ryan and Ron! We’ll come back to visit you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TetyanaM
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you, your mother and aunt here in our cozy small B & B. We hope you have many wonderful travels.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This April, my sister and I stayed with Ron and Ryan while we had our first visit to Budapest. They were very helpful, suggesting places to see, explaining how to get where we wanted to go, and Ron even made reservations at a restaurant for us. We were concerned about language barriers so it was nice to stay with people who could communicate easily with us. Their home is lovely. We stayed in the large bedroom so we had access to the large bathroom at night. We did find it a little warm a couple of nights but the temperatures were unseasonably hot- over 30 - when we were there. The only other small concern ws that there are a couple of bars located on the street just below the B and B. Weekend nights can be a little noisy. However, Ron suggested that we close the bedroom window and opened the bathroom window which solved the problem. I enjoyed our stay, especially the breakfast discussions we had. Both Ron and Ryan are very knowledgable and interesting as well as being gracious hosts. I would stay there agina and recomment it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank skadventurer
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your recommendation of our B & B. We think Canadians are especially nice people, and you added points to our survey! We hope you have good memories of the great city of Budapest (especially the Pest side!).

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I love Budapest, and as a young woman travelling solo, it's important to me that a place is safe and in walking distance to trams and metro. This place was perfectly situated and the flat itself is comfortable, homey and safe.

I've been to Budapest several times, and staying with Ryan and Ron was by far my favorite trip! They are knowledgeable hosts who are friendly and willing to offer advice, but don't hover over you. If you want privacy, you get it. If you want to chat a bit at breakfast, they're wonderful. They also keep up with new stuff popping up around the city, and I discovered great restaurants through them and checked out the Kerepesi cemetery, which I never would have done if they hadn't suggested it.

The flat itself is fantastic! As I said, I've stayed in several places in BP and I know that sometimes apartments are not renovated as often as they could be, and in general buildings are old and look well-lived in. This place is beautifully decorated, renovated but not ikea-bland, and there are gorgeous murals on the walls. It's a very welcoming, homey space. The beds are great, the bathrooms are nice--especially for Budapest--and Ron even made a wonderful strawberry shortcake concoction while I was there.

I will definitely stay here on return trips, and plan on staying in touch with Ryan and Ron. I recommend it to anyone travelling solo or as a couple. It'll be the best city-trip you'll have!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

BED BUGS!!!!!!...........BED BUGS!!!!!!.............BED BUGS!!!!!!!

The room we stayed in had BED BUGS. I woke up every day with what I thought was mosquitto or spider bites all over my back, the last day we saw a reddish brown bug on the frame of the bed. Not sure what it was I did a quick search on the internet for "reddish brown bug on bed" and yup, it was a BED BUG.

We mentioned this to owner and he tried to tell me It was just a beetle. This was not a beetle, it was a BED BUG. It looked exactly like the photos on the internet.

He was smug and dismissive. He offered to give us a 15% discount for our stay, We were not interested in any discount and just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible.

Now we are in the process of fumigating our luggage in the hopes we dont bring these bugs into our home. God knows how much this will cost us.

DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THIS PLACE HAS BED BUGS!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dicit_discipulo
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

dicit_discipulo, I admire your Latin name "the disciple speaks". However, I fear you have spoken in error or perhaps you reviewed the wrong facility. Perhaps another guesthouse has a similar name. Since I live here in our B & B, I would surely notice any bed bug problem, and swiftly solve it. Of course Mother Nature's creatures challenge all of us... we have fruit fly squadrons at time, armies of winter ants, and the rare mosquito, but roaches and bed bugs do not like us and have never visited. I assure any future guests that we are committed to providing safe, sanitary, and pleasant conditions in our small 2 room residence. Please check the many other positive reviews on TA and our website.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

The Accommodations: Like other guests, I was worried about sharing a bathroom with the hosts. However, we never crossed paths and the bathroom was immaculate and updated. And my husband and I are very picky about cleanliness. There are nice windows in the bathroom along with high ceilings, which made it nice and airy in there. The flat itself is in a beautiful traditional building with a really cool court yard. When we were there, there was work being done on the courtyard, and I have no doubt it will be more beautiful when completed.

The Location: Budabab is located right near the trolleys and subway. We easily found the place (after watching the video on the website!) and took public transportation there. We travelled all over the city, and it was always easy to get places from Budabab.

The Hosts: What can be said that hasn't already been said? They are wonderful, extremely informative, and have a passion for Budapest. We had nice chats over tea and breakfast about our travels and about the city. They created a personalized map for us and gave great food and sight-seeing recommendations.

Without a doubt I would stay here again and have already recommended this place to several friends. Thank you for a wonderful stay, gentlemen!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristina B
ron8317, Owner at BudaBaB, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

You are most gracious to send such a thoughtful and informative review. We are so pleased that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We should consider hiring you for public relations! As other future guests benefit from your response, we note that the other small room guests (we are small as you can see from our website) use the half bath during the night, and we all share the master bathroom for showers during the daytime. Again, We are so happy you chose us, and we thank you for the recommendation to others. Happy Trails!