“Amazing cold fruit soup”
Review of Hunyadi Restaurant

Hunyadi Restaurant
Ranked #1,207 of 3,515 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Small local restaurant near the Terror Museum. I loved the fruit soup so much came back a second time just for the soup. Wonderful service by the owners.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

I adore this place, a true little gem: the food is freshly prepared and fantastic, the portions are huge and the prices are low. The restaurant offers a wide selection of drinks from Hungarian spirits to organic British cider and great beers. It is unbelieveable what a good value this place is, it is worth every single penny.
The owner and the rest of the waiting staff are lovely, it is quite rare to experience such a humble yet impaccable service. Whenever I go to Budapest, this is my number choice for eating out - it always delivers. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Anna A
Reviewed June 23, 2010

An excellent restaurant just a few steps away from Vorosmarty Utca (attention not Vorosmarty Ter) using the picturesque little yellow metro line.
The owner is always smiling and is one of the kindest persons. English speaking menu available.
The restaurant is small, clean and cosy without extreme decoration and just as I like it: it focuses on good food and pleasant, warm atmosphere. I felt like a local dining there.
Food portions are generous, excellently prepared and you get an original taste of Hungary.
Nice selection of beers, great soups, excellent meat and (local recipes) pasta dishes. Desserts are also wonderful. After dinner we usually needed a ...soda water :-)
I visited Hunyadi three times for dinner and I ...miss it.
During our visit in Budapest it was our ...last resort for the day, after the long walks in the beautiful city center.

3  Thank mzoulias
Reviewed April 17, 2010

On the advice of previous reviews, we decided to try Kisvendego. The meal was fabulous! We both ordered the schnitzel, and were delighted to hear the sound of the meat being hammered thin in the kitchen, indicating fresh preparation of this dish. Our schnitzels were delicious, hot, and served with mounds parsley potatoes. Each meal was huge, enough for two really, but we were each happy to finish the whole portion! We followed with palacsinta, the Hungarian form of crepes (for me), and chestnut puree for him, and were both delighted with this ending to our meal. We will return to this incredible spot, and order one of the other typically Hungarian dishes on the menu. Prices were very reasonable, and service was very friendly and personal. This is a tiny restaurant, in a quiet neighbourhood, a well kept secret that should be shared.

3  Thank RogerWaterloo36
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Hunyadi is, quite simply, the best restaurant in Budapest - bar none!

I go there every time I visit Budapest and have had something different every time (except the chocolate chestnut pancakes of course but that goes without saing !) and every dish has been excellent.

Prices are amazing, service perfect (yes, really!) and the food just sensational. Unfortunately the past couple of times I have been there it has been very quiet but I was there late so that may well be the reason.

GO THERE - be impressed and support this great little place!

Kate