“Healthy, quick, and affordable”

Fruccola Kristof ter
Ranked #414 of 3,629 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed July 30, 2015

Right by the famous Vaci street, Fruccola is located between Zara and Lush. It's truly a gem! I love getting the combo menu A (cream soup + baguette/sandwich of your choice). They have a good selection of freshly made juices, in three different sizes too. The indoor seating is almost always full during lunch time, but they also have outdoor seating available on most days. Staff here are friendlier than the average restaurant in Budapest, which is pretty awesome. Whenever I'm in the Vaci area & hungry, I make sure to stop by for a quick bite.

Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for fresh food and the best juice in Budapest, then you should try Fruccola. The choices for salat is large and the service is fast.

Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

A nice and simple restaurant with healthy and tasty food + interesting drinking options. Staff was polite and quick, would definitely visit again!

Reviewed July 15, 2015 via mobile

Food may be healthy and interesting (but a little pricy for Budapest), the service ruins the establishment.
I have been there several times for a quick lunch as I work in the center but from now on I just go for take away, in order to spend as less time as possible with those angry employees...
Never a smile, barely a hello, they get quite annoyed when they realise they're gonna have to speak English (as a full-time resident and worker it is really insulting, Hungarian is not easy to learn...). Without mentioning the huge amount of stress as no one knows where to line up when they want a salad or just to pay.

Food may be healthy but you get so stressed and annoyed you're gonna need more than a salad to get over it !

2  Thank Allison V
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I stopped here twice while in Budapest. The first time was just for a drink. I had a strawberry cucumber lemonade. I thought it was just okay. It wasn't sweet enough for me but I'm sure it's because it's all natural.

The second time, my son and I stopped in for brunch/lunch. I had the pasta salad with baby corn, goat cheese, chicken, pomegranates, and walnuts. It was a delicious salad and the portion was generous. My son had the french toast with bacon. I had a cappuccino too. We both had the apple & carrot & maybe cucumber drink. It was excellent.

I really like this place. It gives you a healthy alternative to fast food. I'd certainly go again.