“Among the top 5 breakfasts i've ever had”

Fruccola Kristof ter
Ranked #461 of 3,304 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was the large Fruccola on Kristof ter, not the smaller one. Fantastic range on the menu, huge salad bar for lunch, tasty looking daily options and almost anything under the sun can be juiced for you.
We went for a late breakfast on saturday. Ordered omelette (cheese, onion, mushroom), french toast with maple sauce and bacon and gluten free pancakes with coconut and mixed berries, and an apple, strawberry and orange smoothie. All in all came to £13 for the lot - very reasonable. The food was 10/10, fresh, tasty, clean. Couldn't recommend it more. Atmosphere was great, staff were great, the only thing that could be improved was the slight uncertainty as to where to queue to order, just seemed a mass of people, but hardly life threatening.

2  Thank Martinferguson

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went a few times for breakfast only. Prices are good (I read some comments about it being expensive, that semms a suspicious post to me) food is freshly made and the decor is international. They need to keep on their toes and maybe spruce up around the edges as this place can be very busy and it shows in some places. But you come here for good food at a reasonable price in a great location and that's where they tick all the boxes. Great to get freshly made scrambled eggs, not the powder hotel variety.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had lunch here with my daughter. She is a big fan of this place, as it is mainly vegetarian, however that isn't a big selling point for me, so that may cloud my judgement somewhat.

We arrive right at 12pm, so that was a mistake as it was hopping. They have a very confusing ordering process in which you place an order with one and then file down the counter to settle up with someone completely different. It seems in efficient, but there didn't seem to be any problems while I was there.

My daughter had her salad made to her wishes, and you pay by the topping. Not very cheap I would say. I had the mushroom risotto, with goat cheese and pickled beets. The risotto was very gooey, overly so for risotto. The goat cheese was a nice choice, although more would have made the meal more palatable. I had an orange, strawberry and something else juice which was good, but relatively small.

It was above price in value.

Finally, I had to climb over several people to get to a table to sit down to eat.

1  Thank Scott C
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

A very healthy and delicious food. A stealthy staff :)
Me and my wife were satisfied. Prices are also democratic.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I didn't book a breakfast at our hotel as it seemed too expensive. However, we found Fruccola at Tripadvisor and only saw positive reviews and decided to check it out. It was located very close from our hotel and easily to reach as it was in the center. We were greeted by a friendly staff member and quickly chose from the breakfast card. My boyfriend had an omelet and a hot chocolate while I went for muesli and a cookie. All in all it didn't cost us more than 3'000 and the food (especially the omelet) was just amazing! It was very tasteful, everything was warm and just very good. We can only recommend it!