“Central place for healthy breakfast”

Fruccola Kristof ter
Ranked #424 of 3,204 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Holland
“Central place for healthy breakfast”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went a few times for breakfast only. Prices are good (I read some comments about it being expensive, that semms a suspicious post to me) food is freshly made and the decor is international. They need to keep on their toes and maybe spruce up around the edges as this place can be very busy and it shows in some places. But you come here for good food at a reasonable price in a great location and that's where they tick all the boxes. Great to get freshly made scrambled eggs, not the powder hotel variety.

• Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Waterloo, Canada
“Just Average”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had lunch here with my daughter. She is a big fan of this place, as it is mainly vegetarian, however that isn't a big selling point for me, so that may cloud my judgement somewhat.

We arrive right at 12pm, so that was a mistake as it was hopping. They have a very confusing ordering process in which you place an order with one and then file down the counter to settle up with someone completely different. It seems in efficient, but there didn't seem to be any problems while I was there.

My daughter had her salad made to her wishes, and you pay by the topping. Not very cheap I would say. I had the mushroom risotto, with goat cheese and pickled beets. The risotto was very gooey, overly so for risotto. The goat cheese was a nice choice, although more would have made the meal more palatable. I had an orange, strawberry and something else juice which was good, but relatively small.

It was above price in value.

Finally, I had to climb over several people to get to a table to sit down to eat.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Scott C
“Reccomend!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

A very healthy and delicious food. A stealthy staff :)
Me and my wife were satisfied. Prices are also democratic.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Amazing Place to have breakfast!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I didn't book a breakfast at our hotel as it seemed too expensive. However, we found Fruccola at Tripadvisor and only saw positive reviews and decided to check it out. It was located very close from our hotel and easily to reach as it was in the center. We were greeted by a friendly staff member and quickly chose from the breakfast card. My boyfriend had an omelet and a hot chocolate while I went for muesli and a cookie. All in all it didn't cost us more than 3'000 and the food (especially the omelet) was just amazing! It was very tasteful, everything was warm and just very good. We can only recommend it!

• Visited February 2014
Rehovot, Israel
“Great salads”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Whenever I'm in Budapest for business I order a good salad from Fruccola.
The ingredients are very fresh, and there's a big variety to pick from.
It's not the cheapest, but can't call it expensive either.

It's a breath of fresh air to find a healthy choice in this city, which most of the time revolves around heavy food, creamed dishes, meats and goulash :)

• Visited January 2014