All reviewswashing machinequiet apartmentsofa bed in the loungelarge balconygreat locationapartment blocktaxi transferdeak ferenccentral locationstayed here for nightsopera housebars and restaurantsruin barswifiwashercookermicrowave
Reviewed May 31, 2017

We stayed in the four bedroom apartment and i have to say it was excellent.

Very spacious (albeit there was only 7 of us and apparently the apartment sleeps 11 but i reckon this would be tight if there was more of us) As the weather was good while we were there, we also loved chilling on the balcony with a drink before going out.

You couldn't ask for a better location - plenty of shops, bars and restaurants nearby and seemed like a very safe neighbourhood (even at 6am). We are 7 guys in our late 20s and had a great time, with no compliments.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2017

The best thing about Kings apartments is the location. It's very central near all the ruin bars, 2 mins from the metro and a few mins from the Bascilla. I imagine the place could be a bit hard to find if you make your own way there as you have to go to the office across the road to check in (by the extremely friendly and helpful office staff). The same staff arranged a taxi to pic us up from the Airport (25 euros) so it wasn't a problem for us.

The apartment itself has everything you would expect from a self catering apartment (cooker, hob, microwave, washer). It also had a nice comfy bed and a large balcony.

Some people have complained about the noise and for me it wasn't that noticeable, but being a Friday and a Saturday night you could hear some but its worth it just for the location itself. There is a bakery around the corner and also a spar 5 minutes away. I would stay here again if I went back.

Just a note we couldn't get the Wi-Fi to work but its because we hadn't switched the router on :P

Room Tip: Face away from the main streets
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rampage2828
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at these apartments. We booked an airport transfer through the apartments it went smoothly. We went to the reception desk, filled in some paper work and were brought across the road to another apartment block. Our apartment was a one bedroom with kitchen (cooker, toaster, kettle microwave plates cutlery etc) with sitting and dining area. The bathroom had a hairdryer and a washing machine(that we couldn't get to work) The tv was old and didn't have any English channels that I could find but who comes to Budapest to watch tv? There was a balcony with a seating area and given the great weather we had we made good use of it. The wifi worked well. The building seemed secure, you had to enter a code to get in and there was always someone on the front desk. The location is perfect. You really are in the centre of things. The only place we decided not to walk to was the thermal baths near heros square so we took the yellow metro line from the opera house (5 mins walk) which brings you right outside the baths. Overall these apartments were clean, had everything you could need, central and offered good value for money. I would stay here again and recommend to friends and family. Just one word of warning (nothing to do with the apartments) we booked a transfer back to the airport via the apartments office again and we were told to wait outside and that the driver would have my name. So we were standing on the footpath with our luggage and a yellow cab pulls up. The driver says he is to bring us to the airport. I asked if the apartment complex phoned him and he said yes. I asked what name did they give you and he said the didn't give him one. I wasn't happy with that so I told him we were ok and didn't need a taxi. 2 minutes later our actual taxi transfer arrived with my name in hand. As I say nothing to do with this complex but thought I'd warn fellow travellers.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank lisalefteye
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights from 28.02.2017 till 03.03.2017 during our visit to Budapest. Upon arrival We were greeted by Alejandra with her friendly smiling face. The unit that we booked able to occupied 6 persons which we only pay RM599.00 for the 3 nights stay. This apartment is nicely located, walking distance to chain bridge, fashion street, central market and only 3 steps from the entrance to find a good restaurant. WIFI speed is fantastic.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2016

We booked an apartment as a cost effective way to re-visit this wonderful city, we liked the location (it is very good), the web site has good reviews and the photos of the accommodation looked pretty good too.
From what we understand, The King Apartments are a company that sub let residences in two blocks of the same building, these blocks have both short term tenants (the likes of you and me) and also owner occupied apartments, the letting agents are not in a position to control the whole environment within these blocks so this can lead to issues as you will see should you choose to read this review in full.
When you book in, you hand over your fee (in cash!) and then you are shown to your room, we were escorted out of the main building and along the road some thirty yards to another secure entrance (this was called building B), in we went, up one floor to apartment 1/4 (remember this apartment location and number should you book a stay at this location), our escort opened up the door, wished us well and left us to it.
The apartment was of a bed sit type, long access corridor with laminate flooring leading to an open kitchen area with hood, hob and full sized cooker with wall mounted microwave oven and a dishwasher, this area has a tiled floor, a sofa bed and also the main bed (which we'll get on to in a minute) were in the living area, also with laminate flooring, a separate bathroom with shower tap on bath with shower curtain and also a full sized washing machine to keep you company whilst conducting your ablutions. There was also an iron and ironing board.
My wife remarked that the interior did not look too much like the web site pictures (they feature rooms that are on higher floors of the buildings as they all have skylights, they also look very modern and swish), our room was very tired but clean, pretty well equipped, so we thought for the price we'd be OK slumming it for a few days, what a mistake to make!
We went out as soon as we were ready, returning about 6.30 pm, walking up the corridor towards our room I became aware that there was loud music being played in a room either adjacent to ours or from a room on the floor directly above, we had been warned by the staff when we were booking in that there was a strict policy of no parties, loud music etc so this music caught us a little unaware (we are both in our early 50''s and have passed the loud music playing phase of our lives), we went out for a bite to eat and returned about 9 ish, music still going, at 10pm sharp the music stopped (we later found out that there is a curfew on music and loud noise from this time). We retired to bed (a strange sort of storage facility that hinged up to store things under that doubled as a bed, the fixed "mattress" was very hard and uncomfortable with pillows that resembled postage stamps in size and thickness, a pretty sleepless first night I can tell you.
Fast forward to 5.30 the following morning and the "dawn patrol" started, if you've seen the film "Jungle Book" you'll know what I mean here, the individual in the apartment above ours was trudging around with the lightness of step you would expect from a herd of pachyderms, not only that, every door was banged with verve and unending enthusiasm, just great! As soon as this resident slammed the last door (presumably on their way out to work), the whole building came alive with similar noise.
On the stroke of 9 when our dear friends at The Kings Apartments booking in office start work I was there to complain about the pillows and the noise, the pillow issue was sorted by the cleaner later that day (larger but still very thin pillows replaced the initial ones), the music we were told was not permitted and the doorman must patrol the corridors to correct this behaviour, as the building is inhabited by residents and also short term tenants it was his responsibility to enforce the rules not the company who let the rooms, no room change could be accommodated and ladies and gents they've had you money up front so you're on the back foot straight away!
To cut a long story short, the music continued for another night and then thankfully stopped for the rest of our stay, the "dawn patrol" continued for the length of our stay and to help matters, another couple of residents seemed to join in with gusto, the foot stomping and door / cupboard door slamming seemed to be getting quite competitive, we were up by 5.45 every day without fail, the assistance of an alarm clock was not required for the length of our stay, on some nights we were lucky enough to have a washing machine or two that could be heard spinning away till the wee small hours. The build quality of these blocks is poor, not sufficiently insulated against sound travel so be warned!
So if you're still with me, here's a tip that might just save you the trouble we had.
When you first arrive and book in, check out the room you have been allocated before you part with your cash (I would suggest that you mention your intention to do this when booking your stay, copy this correspondence and take it with you as proof of what procedure you expect to encounter when you arrive and book in)
If you do get allocated a room on the lower floors you'll probably end up in the same position we did, a very noisy enviroment indeed. I would advise against taking a lower floor room, insist on a higher level.
If you are shown to room 1/4 in building B, DO NOT take it, it will ruin your stay in this wonderful city.
On a budget, you expect compromise, this was a little too far in our case.

I notice that Kings Apartments do respond to most reviews if they seem a little negative, once you return from your trip, kind conciliatory words do not solve the issues experienced whilst you are visiting. This is a factually correct account of our experience, the location is very good, our room was very tired and not representative of company web site photos, I accept that other guests may not have experienced the issues we did but it is worth noting that the noise levels and very uncomfortable bed did impact negatively on our stay, room 1/4 block B is clearly not the best option on offer.
Please look at the accompanying photographs to assist you with your decision.

Room Tip: Look at your allocated room before parting with your money.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple