“complete Superior”

Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Please note that for lunch we serve our 4-courses- and 6-courses menus. Please note that for dinner we serve our 6-courses- and 8-courses menus. Please be so kind to order the same menu for the entire table. Onyx restaurant is a non-smoking restaurant. We confirm your table reservation within 72 hours. We accept only confirmed reservation. Reservations are taken 90 days to the calendar date. Please note that for Friday and Saturday evenings we require a credit card guarantee to secure your reservation. Opening hours: Thursday - Saturday 12 noon - last arrival 1 00 pm. Tuesday - Saturday 6 30 pm. - last arrival 8 30 pm. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Menue - The Service als also the Wine - more than fantastic. a luxury dinner at absolutley first class quality. thanks for this amazing evening

There are newer reviews for Onyx Restaurant

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We ate here on our last night in Budapest. Both of us had the tasting menu. The meal consisted of 8 small courses, together with an amuse bouche and a pre-desert to cleanse the palate. As my wife did not like one of the items(even before ordering), the restaurant was great in substituting a different item.

The presentation of the food was wonderful and mostly very tasty. Neither of us really liked the beef, as we found that the cut that was used was more mushy than firm. But that may be more the local taste.

The service was top notch.

The only real complaint that I have is the cost of the bottled water, which I found to be exorbitant.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My experience at Onyx was full of surprises...awesome surprises. I loved the services, the staff is high qualified, compliments to the chef also: his cookinf is mouthwatering.
At Onyx I ate the best bread I ate in my life: they have many sortiments of home made bread with different flavors.
And I left from there with a smile on my lips and with a nice "souvenir" if I can call it like that: a little box with 2 delicious candy.
I totally recomend you this restaurant

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I was in Onyx for a third time. Last time with my two friends. I will start my description with final conclusion. IT WAS ABSOLUTLY GREAT EXPERIENCE WITHOUT ANY MISTAKES. Restaurant was full, but service was absolutly fabulous. Everything was perfectly on time, shadow service during servicing our meal was 100%. For our dinner we took Hungarian Menu, all dishes inspired by Hungarian cuisine, but all of them prepared in modern way. And all of them tasted really great. Especialy "goulash soup" and venison as a main course were like a jewel of this dinner. We choose winepairing as well and sommelier really knows his job. Parings were everytime perfectly matched to the food. We finished this great dinner with their filtered coffee Which was nice surprise. They are better and better and Im looking forward my next visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Arrived pretty casually dressed and I felt slightly underdressed in the opulent surroundings, but the staff were completely fine with it. We opted for the eight course taster menu, which by the time you count all the little 'chef extras' is more like twelve. Even the bread trolley had about fifteen different options and a fresh selection arrived after we had eaten the first. Each course was delivered with a synchronised flourish. All beautifully presented and featured lots of taste sensations. I am not going to bore you with the list, but it was fun at the end of the meal trying to compile a list of what we had eaten. We didn't leave a thing and the portion size was just right for such a long meal (allow 3.5 hours for the eight course menu).

Ok the meal was twice the cost of what we would normally pay for a normal evening out in the UK, but a meal of this quality in the UK would probably be double or triple the priceless paid here. In Budapest we have eaten well every night for less than our 'norm' so this was our special treat to ourselves.

1  Thank Theplusminus