“Incredible Dining Experience”

Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Please note that for lunch we serve our 4-courses- and 6-courses menus. Please note that for dinner we serve our 6-courses- and 8-courses menus. Please be so kind to order the same menu for the entire table. Onyx restaurant is a non-smoking restaurant. We confirm your table reservation within 72 hours. We accept only confirmed reservation. Reservations are taken 90 days to the calendar date. Opening hours: Thursday - Saturday 12 noon - last arrival 1 30 pm. Tuesday - Saturday 6 30 pm. - last arrival 8 30 pm. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was one of top dining experiences ever. We chose the Tasting Menu with wine parings. The service was impeccable. We started with a glass of champagne from the cart they bring to your table. Next we were visited by another cart with an amazing assortment ( 20+ )of gourmet breads of different shapes and sizes. We were continually amazed by each course as it was delivered by white glove service. We loved each course some of which included: tuna 4 ways, duck liver, saddle of lamb to name a few. Also interior is very elegant and tables are well spaced. This is not inexpensive ($500 for 2) but consider you are dining for 4-5 hours it is well worth the cost.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,705)

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I tried such a restaurant. Offering an affordable lunch menu is a great idea. It was exciting to taste new and unexpected dishes. The portions are relatively small but they offer complimentary bread, and the three courses won't leave you hungry.
The service is excellent and polite.
If you wonder whether you have to wear a suit - I don't think so. The restaurant is very elegant, but most of the guests were tourists. The guests at dinner time may be more elegant though, as the prices are even higher at that time ;)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very special and delicious food. affordable lunch menu which has three courses. nice service and atmosphere. good location. My wife and I had an excellent lunch in the restaurant in Budapest.

1  Thank Dmuhdw
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was a 5 stars dinner! Amazing food and wine. The only thing I can say is about the position of the table which was in my opinion a bit too close to the kitchen, with some noise and staff passage during all the dinner. But anyway perfect service and delicious meals.

1  Thank ogniseradimaggio
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I are used to eat in fine restaurants and we decided to eat in this restaurant because the cooking staff participated in the Bocuse d'Or.
Even if this restaurant doesn't have a Michelin Star ( they lost it apparently...) we were expecting a high standard.
The dishes are minimalist, which can be ok if the flavor and the taste surprise is there. It was the contrary. As a starter, I had the "Watermelon carpaccio, home made goat cheese, trout tartar"... nothing special but the combination of these flavours made no sense. My wife had the "Marinated tuna with pineapple and avocado " which was maybe the only correct dish.
Then she had the "Cod baked in bread crust, bell-pepper raspberry consommé" : just horrible! the raspberry sauce killed all the other flavor. I had the "Lobster stuffed homemade ravioli, baby pak choi "... the ravioli were not "al dente", they were simply not enough cooked. Otherwise, this dish didn't really bring me pleasure. For the dessert, the choice was so poor (only 2), we decided to take the "Chocolate, mint, lemongrass"... what a mistake ! They put salt on some part of the chocolate, it was disgusting.
Basically, I think they don't know how to get the 1st star Michelin and they try to mix several flavours within 1 dish and hope (cross fingers) that the combination will work.
We were like test customers for their "inventive" dishes.
We felt bad to pay the bill, especially that they automatically include 15% for the service fee.

2  Thank jc_nicois