Promenade City Hotel
$176
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$175
$113
$97
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$261
$137
$200
$105
Agoda.com
$493
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast roomexcellent locationlift shaftlack of shower curtainmini barstreet viewvaci streetrecommend this hotelvery clean hotelpedestrian areaair conlovely bathroommain shoppingairport shuttlehop on hop off buswithin walking distancetop floor
Reviewed April 27, 2015

First I want to justify the rating. I made reservations through Hotels.com for 6 nights in the double room. When they saw it was a single person they gave me a single room (the receptionist gave me this explanation) even though I had paid for a double one. Then on the fifth night I realized that (as can be seen in the pictures, the bed was almost a double bed) and I asked the Hotel to refund me the price difference. In the next day they suggested to change rooms but I didn’t agree. After all, it was the last night!!! Finally, they offered me something free from the minibar, like a bottle of water or juice as a compensation for the inconvenience. Is this a fair proposal?

Mistakes happen but the Promenade has no respect for their consumers and this is unforgivable.

The staff is very polite and seems to understand your feelings but, for some reason, they did nothing to solve my problems.
Included in the price, the breakfast has a reasonable variety of options, but prepare yourself to wait for a table every morning, it doesn’t matter if you get there early or late. You will have to ask and wait for the replacement of glasses and meals too. But the staff is very kind.
The cleaning of the room has to improve. Some things remained for days in the floor.
The single room where I stayed was really small but fine for one person. In the bathroom, the water in the shower goes down so slowly that you have to turn off the tap several times during the bath to avoid inundation.
The location is excellent and the Wifi very good.
In the check out, they also tried to charge me for one phone call I didn’t make.
I wouldn’t recommend this Hotel for a friend.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank Jussara_Brasil
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2015

Dear "Jussara_Brasil",

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Budapest.
We do regret that we did not meet your expectations in certain aspects and you left our hotel with a negative impression.

We always aim to provide the highest standards in our services and facilities in order to maintain high customer satisfaction.

Therefore, we truly regret to read about the inconveniences, but at the moment of your arrival we had just a single room, and you actually booked for one person, that is why we had to assign it for you. Furthermore, as we had a double room, we have recommended the replacement immediately.

We hope that despite of these negative impressions you had a good time in Budapest and you were able to enjoy your city break. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!
Best regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2015

Better than one should expect for at three-stared hotel; excellent location, a big/clean room and a very friendly and helpful staff, who insisted in providing me with every part of the services that I had payed for and added to making my proposal for my girlfriend just a little bit more special.

Also I was very happy that the room had a safety deposit box.

The breakfast was just acceptable and the walls between the rooms were a bit thin (or my neighbors loud), but everything else surpassed my expectations.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator due to slight noise.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2015

Dear "MickV85",

Thank you for your taking your precious time and sharing your recent experiences about your stay in our hotel.

We are reading your words with great pleasure because it is very nice to learn that you were satisfied with your spacious and clean room and with our courteous and friendly team.

Thank you also for sharing your remarks about the central location.
Please kindly be informed that your feedback is highly valued as it helps us to better understand our guests’ needs and to be able to improve our services continuously.

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed April 15, 2015

Very good location. Friendly staff. When I was in the lobby I was surprised but the rooms and service was above average. Recommended pericularly for tourists. The breakfast was reasonable. The room is large enough.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Dear "Merih K",

Thank you very much for sharing your comment regarding your previous stay at Promenade City Hotel, and for mentioning many positive elements that made your stay enjoyable.

We appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly staff and your spacious room as well.

Thank you again for your short but valuable feedback and we hope to have the honor of being your hosts in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

The best selling point of Promenade City Hotel was its location. It is just behind the Elizabeth Bridge, making it walking distance to Budapest's riverside attractions. Very close to a central metro station so easy to reach from the airport. Spacious, clean and modern rooms and friendly & informative staff - we were very happy with our choice and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2015

Dear "Emmaonholiday_89",

Let us thank you for sharing your positive review with the entire team of Promenade City Hotel.

We are pleased to read that our hotel exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us.

We highly appreciate your compliments about your "spacious, clean and modern room" and thank you for highlighting our attentive staff as well.

Looking forward to see you again and we are glad to hear that you were happy with your choice!

Reviewed March 28, 2015

We stayed at the Promenade in late March 2015 for a week as part of a Jet2 package. I emailed them in advance to secure a room upgrade which they did efficiently and courteously. So we had a super large well equipped room on the front overlooking the street - with minimal noise problems. The Hotel was superb with excellent room service, friendly very helpful reception staff and a good breakfast provided. It is very conveniently located near the city centre and we could walk anywhere from there. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Budapest. We would definitely stay there again

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jrayworth
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Dear "Jrayworth",

First and foremost thank you for taking your precious time and sharing your experiences about your recent stay in our hotel with the traveller community of Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled that we could be part of your first visit to our wonderful capital and we are especially happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback regarding the convenient location, your comfortable room, the breakfast and the friendly service that you received.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again to our hotel as soon as your plans bring you back to Budapest.

With best regards,