Promenade City Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
  • Breakfast included
Apartment Vaci(Budapest)
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbreakfast roomexcellent locationlift shaftlack of shower curtainmini barstreet viewvaci streetrecommend this hotelpedestrian areavery clean hotelair conlovely bathroommain shoppingwithin walking distancehop on hop off busairport shuttletop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here in a large group in room 307, a rather cosy double room, with crisp linen, mini bar and large bath and over bath shower. The room was nothing special and the lack of any sort of view was quite depressing however it was perfectly adequate as a base to sleep.
Points to note - no shower curtain or screen whatsoever so floor gets saturated! Hotel reception refuse to give you more than one key card - annoying! And there is often a lack of loo roll so best to ask for extra whenever you're at reception. Rooms have no tea and coffee facilities.
The hotel is situated in the shopping area of Pest and just off the Danube - highly recommended location, perfect for shopping, restaurants and sightseeing. Shopping Street where you can find Furla, Massimo Dutti, Bennetton etc is only a 5 minute walk away.
I'd booked an airport shuttle transfer directly from the hotel website - I never received email confirmation and the transfer didn't go to plan so my advice would be to book your own transport there.
Returning to the airport we bought a shuttle ticket from the reception for 2500 forint, approx 8 pounds each, and this went smoothly.
I didn't do much sightseeing but would recommend the river cruise, the pier point is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Kiosk bar - the 'local' was exceptional - a large riverside industrial funky bar which served great food and wine - read my separate review!
And Murci - amazing for food esp. pasta also highly recommended.
No trip to Budapest would be complete without a visit to Gerbeaud, an ancient coffee shop but super expensive, again a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
I'd recommend the hotel to people on a budget break, certainly not for a splurge or romance, perfectly clean though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank monkeystar861
Borbala_Soos, Guest Relations Manager at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Monkeystar861,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback of your most recent visit with us.
It gives me a great pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our hotel, especially it's central location.
Thank you for your honest feedback pertaining to the bathroom amenities, and the key card. I am very sorry for the inconveniences caused by the airport transfer. Our service team try to do their best and we do hope that we will have the chance to serving you again and show our excellent service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We came in as a couple with an infant. Before arriving we requested a room with a bath and a baby cot, which were provided as requested. The location is very good, within a walking distance of the most popular sites in Budapest and right on the Vaci street.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ohad S,

Thank you very much for choosing the Promenade City Hotel for your recent stay in Budapest.
Your kind words are highly appreciated. It was our pleasure to serve you.

We can not wait to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Promenade hotel during a short break in April this year. Great location with easy access to all of Budapest's attractions. The room was fine, clean and modern with adequate hanging space and nice bathroom. Our room was located adjacent to the lift and as stated by previous reviewers we experienced frequent noise at night especially from noisy guests who obviously decided that everyone else should be awake if they were. Apart from that the hotel is perfect for a short break to Budapest. The breakfast room was bright and airy and the food was adequate though repetitive. Budapest is a fantastic city with so much to see and do. Most of the attractions can be covered on foot but the hop on hop off buses give a great overview and allow visits to the more outlying sights. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms adjacent to lift entrances
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dexbro,

Many thanks for taking time and sharing your comment of your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the central location of the hotel, that all Budapest attractions are available by walk. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry for the inconveniences caused by other hotel guests and thanks for your honest feedback regarding the breakfast as well.

We do hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

As with previous reviews, my wife and I found this hotel perfect for location. Most (not all) big attractions were within easy walking distance.
The rooms were modern, clean, and comfortable, although making the coffee machine part of the mini bar was strange. The breakfasts were adequate with plenty to chose from. Only negative was a bit of lift noise, this would have affected all rooms so no escape.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpfull, showing willingness to give advice, book excursions etc.

Room Tip: Unusually i think all the rooms would be the same ie no view , same noise level, and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 701joec
Borbala_Soos, Guest Relations Manager at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear 701joec,

Many thanks for taking time and share your review of you recent stay with us.
Thank you for your positive feedback pertaining to our service team and the perfect location of the hotel. I will certainly share your kind comments with the entire staff.
We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes from all of us,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

It depends what you want. If you want perfect location with helpful staff and just a bed to sleep in then this is the right hotel for you. But, if you want to lounge around in the room - then the room I had would not suit. I took a single and it was 'compact' but quiet and spotless with a decent bathroom so I was happy. But there wasn't really enough room to walk around the bed without tripping over the chair; and the window opened out onto the lift shaft (ie interior room). I think the doubles are bigger and open onto the street. Given that I was there to visit Budapest, I was not concerned at all. But as I said, if you have been travelling hard and need some laid back time, then the singles are not what you're after. Having said that, the location can't be beat, the staff are all helpful and very sweet and there's even breakfast included. Overall, great location and great price = great value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank janebieger

Dear Janebieger,

Thank you very much for your time, reviewing your recent stay at Promenade City Hotel! Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time and you were happy with the staff and our services.
We will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back our way either on business or pleasure.

Best regards,