“Different”

and 1 more site!
Home Made Hostel
Ranked #81 of 667 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hostel is not a party hostel and does not pretend to be one. It is a comfortable homely place with alaid back atmosphere. The staff are friendly and helpfull. Location is ok and bathrooms could do with modernisation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Home Made Hostel

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I absolutely loved staying at the hostel. The staff did everything possible to make my stay amazing! Very clean and great beds, rooms. Free coffee and tes. Can't say enough!I will definitely stay here any time I come to Budapest

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 1, 2012

A pretty good hostel to stay. Central location close to the metro and within walking distance to the sight seeing locations. Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers in the dorm rooms. Clean bathrooms. Lots of restaurant nearby and a 24 hour mini market next door. Wifi and 2 pcs available.
Location is difficult to find if you don't have the instructions given on the their website, so do remember to bring along those instructions since they are very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a really nice hostel, clean and with cool decor. Its also very central and incredibly close to the metro. Although I only used the metro to get to the bus station, I walked to all the attractions. There are plenty of options for food and going out close. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the reception was open 24 hours. Its a pretty small hostel and definately not a party hostel. It was also excellent value. I happened to have a horrific snorer beside me but I can't blame the hostel for that :) If it had fans in the bedrooms it would be perfect

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in a 2 bed room with a common toilet...(22€/person/night)

Things were great from the begining. When I asked them if they have a free room they replied in less then 30 minutes, and kept replying swiftly to all my e-mails.

When we arrived to the hostel, our room was already waiting for us, beds made, and towels ready. I must say that everything in the hostel is really clean, but still has a nice cozy feel to it.

The guy who was working showed us around the hostel, and we really felt like home right away. He also gave us some direction on what to do, and where to go. All the people who work there seemed really nice and helpful...

The hostel is really central, and everything is within walking distance, so we didn't have to use the public transportation while sightseeing...

Well, Home Made, here is a big thumbs up for you! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Wow! This was definitely one of the best (likely the best!) hostel I've ever been to. Located in central Budapest, walking distance to every major tourist spot is very good (10-25 Minutes). Staff is super friendly, very accomodating. Rooms are furnished very nice and were always clean, same as the bathrooms. As the don't have that many beds I can only recommend to book some days in advance, otherwise you will probably miss a great, great hostel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I took the double private bedroom for $56 USD/night during our stay in late July. At first glance we immediately thought the room was dingy and the furniture was old and stale. We needed a fan at night to keep us cool and there was an empty 2nd floor of the room that could have been renovated into someting super cool. Home Made was also quite difficult to find at first, they really need to get a huge sign on the door with clear directions. Alot of people get lost just from the front door to the actual entrace of hostel. However cons aside, the place eventually grew on us and I ended up loving the place for its quietness at night, super friendly staff, extreme cleanliness, and its amazing location to the 4,6 line. This place is perfect for travellers who love the non-modern, homey, laid back hostels with tons of personality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple