Lion's Garden Hotel
Keleti Hostel(Budapest)
Hid Hotel(Budapest)
Hotel Patria(Budapest)
  • Pool
All reviewscity centrenice hotelspa area isswimming poolhero squarebus stopkeleti railway stationbusiness tripquiet areajust round the cornertransport linksnice roomcomfortable roomsnice breakfasthotel restauranthotel stafffour nights
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After one night stayed in this hotel, my girlfriend and I decided to stay one more night. In fact, the room was really confortable with balcony, letting us with a nice view on Budapest.

Afterall, we enjoyed services as massage, swimming pool, wellness, sauna ... and taking the breakfast outside, on the terasse, it's purly relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a clean room with climate, a nice bath and the receptionist was very friendly: Helped me out with my booking, because my reservation wasn't there.. stayed verry friendly an helpful.
breakfast was okay. Coudl be fresher, and they had problems to reload.
Nice spa

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. The front desk guy was a bit awkward but did help us out with booking a Hop On Hop Off bus, just didn't seem too friendly.
Bartender looked like he knew what he was doing. We got drinks during happy hour...buy one get one free....great deal. Room was pretty nice. We did get a balcony room which was nice. After our 18 hours of traveling I wanted to take a shower as soon as we got in. The shower was super tiny I could barely turn around in it and to make it worse the drain was not draining so we had to call the front desk, they did fix it but I had to take a shower with water to my ankles which is very unpleasant. I was also unaware that in Europe they don't use washcloths? Ended up using a big towel to wash with. Bring washcloths if you come here.
I did enjoy a little face mirror that was nice to put makeup on with at the desk. The bed was comfortable but pillows very tiny. We should have called front desk to get more but we dealt with what we had.
Breakfast was so-so. I was not experienced with European breakfasts...all they had was meat, cheese some bread and some VERY slimy scrambled eggs and of course some weird sausages made of unknown meat. I made a sandwich which was quite tasty.
I did also enjoy the espresso machine that was available for breakfast.
This hotel is VERY far from town center. We used the hop on hop off bus to take us around during the day but one day we had to walk about 4 miles to get to our food tour which took a long time with all the busy streets. I recommend a different hotel if you want to be near all the town stuff. This is close to Heroe's Square and the Zoo that is about it. There is also no touristy restaurants nearby.
Overall room was very comfortable, very quiet, mostly clean and A/C was adequate.
There was a parking garage underneath it that you pay for daily.

We would recommend it if you want to stay away from the hustle and bustle. We wouldn't stay here again because of distance from city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff is really friendly, I even got a beer upon arrival half hour after the bar closed. The food in the restaurant is pretty good and reasonably priced. Rooms are spacious and clean. Not really the closest to the center of the city, but hero's square is nearby, and access is not bad. Also, it is on a nice quiet street in a good neighborhood. I travel a lot, and overall, this is a very good option in the mid price range. I'm on my second stay for business right now.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice hotel, good clean rooms, very nice staff and good breakfast. I would like to see more smile faces from bar staff. Spa included to price and was quite nice. All i really needed was some table and stools to our balcony.

Room Tip: If you want balconyl you just need to ask it when you make the reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple