“Good Hotel, unfriendly Waitress”

Lion's Garden Hotel
Ranked #78 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Alicante, Spain
“Good Hotel, unfriendly Waitress”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Dear Management!

Our parents spend a few days in your hotel. They had a good experience. Your hotel was very nice in everything. The reception and the waiters staff are friendly and polite excepting the waitress during the berakfast time. They went though a very bad, unacceptable thing. My dad wanted to drink just a juice and he set down the neariest table. He is 80 yers old! One thin waitress who has a short hair started to vociferate, because the table wasnt clean. He just set there a few minutes and he didnt want to disturbance anybody. The waitress was very angry and nervous. My daddy had a shock. In his room he strarted to cry, because he didnt understand, why the ladie disobliget him. I'm also youthful, but I'm respectful. I dont understand how can you employ waitress like her. I hope they will never meet her in a future in Hungary. Regards Conrad

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Imre K, General Manager at Lion's Garden Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Conrad,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am really glad that your parents had a chance to spend pleasant time in the Lion's Garden Hotel and were satisfied with us. Regarding the affair with the waitress personally myself will take care of and will take the necessary steps.
Thank you once more and I hope we will have a chance to welcome you and your family in our Hotel.
Kind regards
Imre Kövér General Manager at Lion's Garden Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Timisoara
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed there for the night in our way to the airport. It is a quiet area, but it's easy to go downtown and we get some hints from the staff ( at the bar , the receptionist was nor nice nor helpful ) so we spend a lovely evening in Budapest. Breakfast was ok, except the fact that were some visible dehydrated cucumbers and some bred far of being fresh. The worst thing is the coffee, so better ask for the real think at the bar ( but you have to pay for it.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I bring guests in here regularly. Guests always love the hotel; it's style, facilities etc. Inevitably sometimes there are problems but, in my experience, these are normally quickly and satisfactorily sorted. I would and do recommend this hotel highly. A good restaurant and bar within the hotel and a couple of good local restaurants plus excellent and easy access to the centre make this a good hotel to book for a long or short stay in this city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lgbailey
Folsom, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my first trip to Budapest. My sister and I stayed in this hotel. The hotel is very nice, the staff are polite and friendly, rooms are clean and spacious, bathroom, towels, sheets were clean. Breakfast buffet was very good as well. We didn't use the spa or other amenities as we were in Budapest only 24 hours.
Hotel is located 10 min walk from the main train station and it is 30 min walk from the city center. We took the shuttle from the airport to and from the hotel. We were the first to be dropped off and last to be picked up which was great.
I highly recommend this hotel to everyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel, with great rooms and really good breakfast!. Close to bus route which you can then switch to trains and get to the city. You can also go through the park to the Szechenyi bath, it took us about 20 min. I recommend a visit to the bath!.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jonas J
Vysoke Myto
Reviewed June 24, 2013

hotel with quiet garden inside of the building where in trees shadow we enjoyed afternoon drinks, helful garrage for parking especially in extremelly hot days and nights as were in June 2013,wellness-spa we did not manage to use due to limited working hours, going to and back the downtown we used taxi

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had planned to stay on Margaret Island but due to the flooding, the Island was closed & we had to book this hotel very last minute. Having been to Budapest 3 times, this was my first time staying on the Pest side.

The hotel is modern and quite corporate. Staff were accommodating, the spa was relaxing & there is also a small gym with about 5 basic equipment which would suffice for a workout, free wifi although not strong enough to download.

I loved the location, we walked everywhere, to the City Park (about 3 minutes), to Hero's Square (about 20 minutes), to Octagon (another 10 minutes), to the end of Andrassy Street to the Budapest Eye (another 20 minutes). We didn't realise we were doing so much walking because we were admiring the beautiful sites....stopped a few times along the way for ice coffee & cake. There is so much to see and do on the Pest side, we loved walking around, exploring and discovering lovely places. We also walked from our hotel to Szechenyi Spa & swimming pool (about 15 minutes through the park).

The only negative comment I have about the hotel is the breakfast. It was the same limited menu everyday & it didn't taste nice. However that's not gonna stop me from coming back......I WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends