Lion's Garden Hotel
Keleti Hostel(Budapest)
Hid Hotel(Budapest)
Hotel Patria(Budapest)
  • Pool
All reviewscity centrenice hotelspa area isswimming poolhero squarebus stopkeleti railway stationbusiness tripquiet areajust round the cornertransport linksnice roomcomfortable roomsnice breakfasthotel restauranthotel stafffour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel with very friendly service. Located close to the center, which can be reached by bus (bus stop near the hotel). Not far away is the shopping center. Very close is a beautiful old church. Room was clean and in very good condition, with comfortable bed. Breakfast buffet with a large selection of breads, fruits, vegetables etc. Internet in the room could be a little faster.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

very nice rooms. the food in the restaurant was satisfying and all the people working there where very helpfull!
The hotel is not close to the river and you have to walk about 45' to get there . But the distance is is to cover because of the big sidewalks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms and a mixed breakfast in the morning. If you don't mind a short walk to the city center, then this hotel is definitely worth staying at. A bus stop is nearby as well. The only downside is the internet, Wifi was exceedingly slow at most times.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Conveniently located hotel in a pleasant district but outside of the main centre of Budapest. Friendly and attentive staff made this excellent value for money hotel worth visiting again when I am visiting the office of our business based in Budapest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As I say in the title, it's not in the thick of things, but that makes it quiet and it's only a 5-10min ride on the bus to the main town area - and we only ever waited about 4 mins for a bus. it's also a short walk down the road to the park and Hero's Square. We went in the winter with snow everywhere and all the roads were cleared- even in the snow.

The hotel is beautifully cleaned, beds feel very comfy and clean and the bathroom is modern with a great shower over the bath.

Breakfast is the usual help yourself stuff, not totally to my taste the cooked was ok but have had better - but certainly not the worst. Staff are very helpful and the bar is well stocked. We had a club sandwich when we arrived as we were hungry and we asked to share and they split it in 2 plates - plenty for 2!

I think my only minor complaint was that the bar area was very hot in the evening - but then I don't like heating up high, but that's all I could complain about if I tried - didn't try the spa, my husband didn't tell me there was one so didn't have a swimming costume with me :(

Some great restaurants in town - really recommend treating yourself to Cyrano - wonderful food, beautifully served.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple