“Do not choose this hotel!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Marina
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Balatonfured
Budapest
“Do not choose this hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Actually we couldn't even check how this hotel is, because when we were on our way to the hotel, were informed(I called them, because wanted to ask something regarding the payment), that the reservation is different in their system than what we received via email. When I asked for help from the receptionist, she started to shout at me and told me " Sorry, I can not do anything, there's a long queue here, lots of people are waiting for me, so call us back tomorrow, maybe somebody can tell you what should you do" and she cut the call....after this I wrote an email to the hotel and asked for my money what I paid in advance. They said, will transfer the money back to me. It was in the end of July 2009, since that time I haven't seen any money from them!
So what I can advise: DO NOT CHOOSE THIS HOTEL if you would like to have a peaceful holiday!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TideBudapest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Budapest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

We've just returned from our vacation from 11 to 17 August.

As we hadn't been in vacation at lake Balaton, we, my sister and me decided that we will go to the Hotel Marina because of the All Inclusive treatment. It was what they promised. Simple rooms (our was number 710), old fasioned furniture, the bathroom needs renovation, but everything was very clean.

The beds, the pillows (what are very important for me) are great. OK, all is simple, but I liked it very much, it's about our vacation, because what you need? Clean, comfy room, bathroom (with bathtube), and good food, nice, frendly staff. If you don't need luxury, you will find your counts here.

Foods: in the morning you can start with breakfast, with sausage, omlet, bread, milk, coffee... etc. after that you can drink and eat in the Palma Snack restaurant with snacks, beer, wine, Coke drinks, orange and multivitamin juices and the VERY good ice tea, cold water, and especially their very good cakes, mainly that one with lot of chocolates and coconut...

I could forward with the lunch, and after that go back to the beach (look the photos attached) which is very large with big trees, very child-friendly beach. While you enjoy lake Balaton, and tired from the swimming, playing games, or playing beach-ball, ping-pong, etc., you can go back to the Palma Snack Restaurant and eat some ice cream (it's a brand, again, but I won't advertise :) ).

After the busy day, you can rest as you eat (if you can) your dinner. Every meal's quality is near to a good restaurant (though there was days when I didn't find anything to eat, but it's because I am so picky, my sister told me that).

I didn't mentioned the salads and fruits which are in the separated part of the restaurant, they are very good too.

Only one thing (apart from the rude german turists - the men was not too polite, their children didn't go away from your way when you would like to go out from the lift, they very slow when enter the lift and when they go out... and so on - and it's NOT the hotel's fault) so only one thing is what they need to change, and I have to complaint, and it's the common toilet's cleanliness. I think a little bit of attention and the smell and garbage is vanish. OK, I know that the hotel is full, there are hundreds of guests... but. BUT. This is the cause why I'm not give five stars.

Definietly, we will go back next summer. Thanks Marina, thanks to all of the staff, thanks especially Krisztina in the Marketing Department and to Márta who guided us before our vacation, showing the hotel. I didn't wrote their whole names because of personal cause.

I recommend this hotel families, couples, pensioners who don't need luxury, but need cleanliness, and need to eat very good foods. You can REST. You don't need to cook, clean or do anything else than rest and enjoy your vacation. It's excellent. You don't need to bring your values to the town's beach. Just grab a chair, put your things, and that's all. I am very sad that I had to come home. :))))))

Ps for the Tripadvisor: the photo is above is from the Hotel Annabella, Balatonfüred, not the Marina. I'm afraid I haven't got one, but you can find in website of the Hotel.

• Liked — The staff; the food, the room, the view
  • Disliked — The cleanliness of the common toilets
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Kismaci
Hungary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

We just returned from a weekend at the Marina Hotel in Balatonfured. The grounds were nice , the staff were very friendly and professional but the Hotel was terrible. The rooms were tiny , smaller than any other hotel on this strip and very run down. This is rated a 3 star hotel , well probably 1 star and that would only be because it has a private beach. We had to change from a room to a suite with a balcony as we could not breathe in the tiny room but the same low quality was found in the suite and at a much higher price. The towels ...... they changed them every day but they were rags, the type you would use to wash the floors. The food was not bad but very little variety and mostly what a child would like. Snacks are available but again hot dogs or junk food. This hotel is an all inclusive so the price you pay also includes all the terrible wine and beer you can drink. My husband and I came here hoping for a little peace and quietness however this hotel was 85% children who were not quiet. There was not any place where a child was not crying.
This hotel is part of the Danuibus Hotel chain which was why we went there having been at their other hotels around HUngary and never having a problem.The Marina Hotel unfortunetly is a noisy, run down ,old hotel that is certainly not worth the money. We booked on the internet and found out we could have paid less had we gone straight to the hotel and booked . This place is probaby good for families with small children but no one else. Bring ear plugs even then as it lies beside a noisy highway .

• Stayed June 2006
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
12 Thank pitzicat

Travelers are raving about these Balatonfured hotels