I am an American who has lived and worked throughout Central/Eastern Europe for over 20 years now. This was our 1st visit to hotel Marina as we were looking for a last minute option for our 2 1/2 year old son to play on a beach and in the water (We live in Slovakia and Balatonfured is under 3 hours for us). Our son had so much fun that we could only get him to leave by promising to return next Summer, which we definately will be doing!
In short, hotel Marina is exactly as advertized, a three star family oriented location. If you are looking for 5 star luxury pampering the Marina is not for you but if like us, you are searching for a location which has everything for your children to do on site (as well as allot for parents) then we would reccomend hotel Marina. For me one of the biggest surprizes was the attitude of the staff as they were incredibly friendly and helpful even though during our stay the hotel was almost full and they seemed incredibly busy. I have ALLOT of experience with grumpy, ex Stalinist era hotel staff who haven't gotten the message that Breznev has passed away and they now lived in a free market open economy. The staff always had time for us and were extremely helpful.
The Childrens beach/play area was PERFECT and the baby lagoon was exactly what we were looking for. Our son spent most of his time playing here or driving the childrens race cars on the race track next to the water (which my wife also seemed to have allot of fun, see pictures)
I suppose if we had anything to say negative it would be that our room was a bit hot for us on our first night, until we discovered that the windows have screens so we could actually open our windows through the night as well as rooms with air con upon request.
We live and work in Slovakia, spend each July/August in California and then return to work in Slovakia. We will definately be returning to hotel Marina from Sept 1st to 5th 2012 and we highly reccomend this location for families such as ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "All-inclusive family holiday"• In a spacious green park directly on the beach.• Beautiful views of the lake and the Benedictine Abbey on top of the Tihany peninsula.• Lido wing especially suited for families.• All-inclusive – price covers your food and drink.• Let your children splash around in the safe and secure children's lagoon or spend happy hours in the playground while you stretch out on the beach and swim in the warm, clear lake.• A range of activities to keep you fit, including table-tennis, badminton, skittles and beach volleyball. FACILITIES: 277 rooms and 24 suites. Bath, telephone, fridge, TV. Lido: 12 single rooms and 36 suites. Each suite comprises 2 rooms, bathroom, extra toilet, balcony. Parking facilities for cars and coaches (supervised), free WiFi in the hall, souvenir shop. SPORT AND LEISURE• Swimming pool, sauna, massage.• Hairdresser, cosmetic salon, manicure, pedicure.• Playground, activities for children, kids’ menu, highchair, cot, etc.• Rent-a-bike, windsurfing. Near by: tennis, go-cart, riding and waterskiing. DINING – ALL INCLUSIVE: Buffet-style restaurant offering all-inclusive board, coffee shop, Beach Restaurant, club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, HRS, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel Balatonfured
- Hotel Marina Balatonfured, Somogy County, Hungary