I read a few reviews about this hotel before I arrived and many make some fair comments.
1. The building, yes it is old and ugly, but to be fair, how long do you actually spend looking at your hotel?
2. Yes the decor is dated. But it's clean.
3. The service, without exception, was very good.
4. The mattresses are lumpy, but the pillows good. The bedroom we had on floor 11 was oppressively warm and even keeping the window open all day didn't help.
5. Lake view is very good indeed.
6. Breakfast is not good. There is plenty of choice, but none of it is appealing. The peach juice is nice.
7. The resort Balatonalmadi isn't very big, so not a lot to do, best get the train to Balatonfured. Only 20 mins.
8. We didn't book on a half board basis but dinner didn't smell good.
9. The swimming pool is excellent and clean. The spa had some good facilities but I didn't use them personally so can't comment on them.
10. The hotel claims to have an environmentally friendly policy re towels etc but the bulbs are not energy saving ones (perhaps a pedantic observation on my part!)
11. We were there out of season but I'd hate to think how it'd be at busy times, with 4 lifts it still took us over ten minutes for a lift to get to our floor when it came to checking out, and we weren't even checking out at prime checking-out time. Frustrating!
Other than that it's a fine hotel, nothing to write home about, and certainly not worthy of four stars.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hunguest Hotel Bal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hotel And Resort Lake Balaton
- Ramada Balatonalmadi
- Balatonalmadi Ramada
- Ramada Lake Balaton
- Hunguest Hotel Bal Resort Balatonalmadi, Somogy County