“Rough diamond”

Okrepcevalnica Beli Kriz
Ranked #29 of 80 Restaurants in Portoroz
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was caught in the rain during my hike, so there was the place I decided to take a lunch break. The only customers were several locals. I did not expect much when ordered with a brisk but friendly bar lady. Wasn’t I mistaken! The seafood risotto I received almost made me lick the plate. I did not do it only because the portion was enough for two persons. Topped the lunch with perfect espresso and thanked heavens for the rain which brought me to this place.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed August 11, 2019

ok restaurant in a budget style with fine food and good service. close to bus stop and market. cozy patio. popular among locals...

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

We'd intended to have dinner in Piran, but enduring thunderstorms thwarted our plans. We sought refuge here, and found it a simple, cozy and dry place to have a nibble. Fare is straightforward and tasty, service friendly and prompt.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Food was very fresh and homemade. Service was charming....if you wanted to take a while they were happy to oblige but if you needed the check were there on the spot. Loved chatting with the locals and the staff! Location was perfect especially if you didn’t want to make the hike up from the center of town after drinks and food!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Very nice view to Trieste.Ideal for celebrating birthdays or simply , for a Sunday lunch.
Free parking.